Nope
That was longer than it is now, before.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Ticket response time 26 hours 44 minutes 54 seconds

Is that why the call response time is getting longer

The ticket team are ring-fenced staff members which means they are a separate resource to call takers so one should not impact on the other.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
The ticket team are ring-fenced staff members which means they are a separate resource to call takers so one should not impact on the other.

So are you saying that there was no reduction in the numbers or experience of the CSC staff fielding calls when the dedicated ticket team was set up?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Of course there were Smiley
The ticket team is a team of 6, which previously would have been primarily handling calls.
The logic is (and sound in my opinion) that if we have tickets being responded to quickly, the number of calls are reduced as customers will see that raising a ticket online is an easy alternative, as well as there being less people calling us to chase an update for their ticket.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

So a fair assessment would be that there was an initial hit when they were withdrawn from the phones, but as time progresses call waiting times should come down. Far from "one should not impact on the other" as stated by Adam I guess you'd be pretty disappointed if an improvement in the ticket response times didn't have a beneficial affect on the call waiting times.
James
Grafter

Yep.  Pretty much.
Santiago
Grafter

Do Plusnet have targets for ticket and call response times?
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

;Yes, but in two years of campaigning, never seem to manage to hit them..... Cry
matt_2k34
Grafter

Shutter the ticket times have only gone up gradually..
customer numbers have *exploded*
What did you expect?
PN lost Durban at a critical time (due to weather), this put them on the back foot.
They're now paying for it - but will be back up to scratch soon I'm sure. Fast and accurate ticket times are the better way of working imho (unless of course you have no BB!)
Regards
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
The ticket team is a team of 6
Is that all? Do they work shifts in teams of 2?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Matt_2k34
PN lost Durban at a critical time (due to weather), this put them on the back foot.

I don't think the weather was the cause of the problems - it just compounded them.
Durban was closed before the necessary resources were fully up and running in Sheffield.
Durban was closed when it was because the marketing department wanted to start running the Yorkshire based support ads.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Durban was closed when it was because the marketing department wanted to start running the Yorkshire based support ads.

Uh. No.
You need to get info's from the horses mouth i feel  Roll_eyes
I thought it came to the end of the contract ? . they were given 3 months notice of termination. Plusnet Didnt handle this particularly well in terms of recruiting new agents, and yes i feel the weather played a huge part in it, compounded - very much so! -- It is not just a "marketing ploy", BT as a whole has been moving its CS workers back to the UK, unfortunately their teams are that rooted in india it will take some time!!
unfortuantely things dont always go as planned. I'm guessing this is one of them.

I believe the arrangement is a team of 6, working 9-5 (to get rid of bulk, tickets are still being answered 24/7 and inbetween calls  ;))
Also once the ticket queue has been reduced, 6 staff should be able to manage the queue unless there is a large scale issue or MSO(at which point, call centre staff would be overwhelmed rather than the ticket system)
James
Grafter

Quote from: Oddball
Quote from: Jameseh
The ticket team is a team of 6

Just to confirm - other staff do work on tickets too.  This is a ring-fenced team of 6 (meaning that they do tickets and only tickets) Monday to Friday, 9-5:30.
Other members of staff will work on tickets both during that time and outside those hours.
Santiago
Grafter

So why is it taking several days to reply to a ticket?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The simple answer is because we haven't cleared the ticket backlog yet, I've seen the ticket pool size (amount of open tickets that need a response) drop dramatically as the ticket team have responded to issues, in fact it's less than half as big as it was 2 weeks ago. We're not there yet but it's still going in the right direction.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.