cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket No 44543312 - phone line not working at all

maggieb39
Dabbler

Ticket No 44543312 - phone line not working at all

Since yesterday our phone line has not been working, no phone calls and no broadband access. There is no dialling tone.
I reported the fault to the 08451400200 number, a ticket was raised. I was told I would be getting an update today. The chap that took the call also mentioned that there was a problem with the BT diagnostic system at plusnet's end and that tests could not be run.
Well no update has been provided at all today, no response via e-mail or via mobile phone. The online ticket only states "Awaiting Support Team answer".
I have rang the call centre more than once and so has my son on my behalf to chase this up and all we are being told is that the issue is with the support team and cannot provide any further details. They can't tell us when the fault will be investigated never mind when it can be fixed or a BT engineer booked . My son was treated rather badly by one of the operators who told him that he did not understand why we should complain.
Looking at the notes on the ticket and reading other people's experiences on here I rather suspect that this has not even been raised as a fault yet or it maybe stuck in a limbo between Plusnet departments.
We are OAPs who are not too well and need access to a phone.  No doubt it will take a few days for a BT appointment to be available should this be necessary. On top of this we cannot wait forever for plusnet to raise a fault on this ticket and take action.
We are surprised at the drop in level of service from plusnet. When there was a fault a few months ago the diagnostics was run immediately and an appointment booked with a BT engineer during the first phone call.
21 REPLIES 21
maggieb39
Dabbler

Re: Ticket No 44543312 - phone line not working at all

Day three without a phone / internet.
This is the update I got from plusnet:
"Your fault has now been raised with our wholesale provider for further investigation. We will advise when we get more information.

**internal**

TR0000001442160

NDT - tests show fault

MFL: FU"
So am I right in assuming that now the ball is in BT's court and that plusnet will not be proactive in resolving this fault? This will end with a BT engineer having to visit either my home or the exchange so why can't an engineer be booked seeing that it takes a few days to have a an appointment slot anyway.
Also I am puzzled as to why the fault was not raised when I first rang.
So now stuck between a rock and a hard place ie plusnet and BT.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: maggieb39

This means Main Fault Location: Frames Unit, which indicates the fault is in the local exchange.
maggieb39
Dabbler

Quote from: Jaggies
Quote from: maggieb39

This means Main Fault Location: Frames Unit, which indicates the fault is in the local exchange.

Day 4 without a phone / internet.
If the fault is in the exchange then I take it a BT engineer will have to visit the exchange and possibly my property.
So far no appointment made.
Does anyone know if there are any SLAs between plusnet / bt in terms of fault investigation and resolution?
dannyflounders
Grafter

To be honest maggie39, you won't necessarily get an appointment with an engineer.
In my experience the engineers often fix the fault and never need to make an appointment with you.
Just because no appointment has been made yet, doesn't mean they aren't looking into your problem,  you may have an engineer looking at your fault right now.
But good luck if the engineers are stereotypical of the ones I've met  Undecided
maggieb39
Dabbler

Well is it five and still no phone but thanks for your msg. I am still hoping.
Hopefully the plusnet chaps that read through the forums will be help to chase this up for me tomorrow.
jim:quote
maggieb39
Dabbler

Into day 5 still no phone  / internet.
Can anybody help?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Can anybody help?

Sure,
I've just finished reading the notes on your account. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced here. To cut a long story short I'm going to be chasing our suppliers for an update now and will be in touch ASAP.
I'll make sure you get sorted soon and are kept bang up to date along the way.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maggieb39
Dabbler

Thanks.
Yes it would be beneficial if the problem could be escalated to a BT manager as we have not heard anything since the fault has been escalated to them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

There's be no advantage that at this stage. I will do that if need be but a fault was logged with them on Friday so I can't raise a complaint with them based on response times. Bear with me and I'll come back to you with more information a little later on. I am fighting your cause here and will do all I can to get this sorted quickly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maggieb39
Dabbler

OK many thanks for your help.
I'll try to check the forums later. The system also has my mobile number for any updates.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just called but there was no answer so you should have a voice mail and an update on the ticket.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maggieb39
Dabbler

Adam,
There is no update on my ticket other than the one from Friday.
Also i did not get a call on my mobile, I have the phone with me at all times at the moment.
Could you post the update on my ticket?
Thanks
maggieb39
Dabbler

ok i got the ticket update via web.
Can you let me know if i need to be in the house tomorrow?
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You don't need to be in as they'll be working at the exchange. The engineer may call when the work has been done. Otherwise I'll be keeping tabs on this too...
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team