cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket #184407189

Phaeton
Rising Star

Ticket #184407189

Can somebody have a chase around please, it's now 7 days since this all started & 22 hours since I was told it would be sorted in 24 my patience is coming to an end.

14 REPLIES 14
Phaeton
Rising Star

Ticket #184407189

What do you have to do apart from spend 2 hours on hold trying to get to the right person to get something solved, 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Ticket #184407189

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Plusnet Feedback  

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Phaeton
Rising Star

@dvorak Can you advise what is the point in that? There is already a post in there that has been ignored for 24 hours, Will a 2nd one in there make any difference?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I moved the one post to get it better visibility to staff and other users.

I've now merged your threads as having two threads on the same subject leads to confusion.

This is the best place for it and hopefully a staff member will pick it up.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can see that we've been responding to your query over the past few days so someone will respond again soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Phaeton
Rising Star

@adamwalker @dvorak With all due respect I want resolution not platitudes, it's now been 10 days since this debacle started, one of your managers [CSA Removed] was supposed to be taking charge of it, but from what I can see he's not doing anything.

I'm spending 1-2 hours a day on the phone trying to get somebody/anybody to get it resolved. Yes I agree we are moving forward but we are being overtaken by snails, the main email address is now receiving emails, but I cannot send with that one, I cannot recreate it as the system says it exists but it's not visible, the 20+ aliases which I have been promised numerous times are being setup still aren't.

I'm locked out of multiple systems at work & suppliers as the static IP is no longer a static IP & has changed & nobody seems to know if it can be got back which TBH is ridiculous, I've spoke to the guys who wrote your software & they say it's simple.

All I want is somebody/anybody to take charge & responsibility to get it solved, surely it cannot be beyond the bounds of you intelligent people to do it, it's just finding somebody with the will to do it.

If I bill you at my hourly rate for listening to your awful hold music I won't have to pay for broadband for the next 5 years

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm not able to resolve this personally but I can see that we responded to the ticket on Friday and someone will get back to you again soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Phaeton
Rising Star

@adamwalker But surely there must be somebody you can escalate this to, it's 12 days & I still can't send an email, I still don't have a static IP that I can give out to all the banks & systems I use for work when at home. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Phaeton,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue. I've reviewed your account and I can see that the ticket in question has been escalated to the correct team to look further into this issue and once they've done so they will get back in touch with you to discuss the matter further.

I can see that you have updated the ticket multiple times since it was raised to its current pool and I would advise against doing this whilst awaiting a response from the team as every additional update added to the ticket will push it to the back of the queue, only delaying the response form the team further. To this end, if you have any further queries or issues that you would like to raise with us in the meantime I would advise that you please raise them via this thread and we'll be happy to assist where possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Customers updating tickets doesn't push tickets to the back of the queue. This was fixed about 4-5 years ago.

Only staff updating tickets pushes them to the back of the queue.
Phaeton
Rising Star

@TheMightyAJ If updating tickets is not advised then please advise what I can do to get this resolved, it's now 2 weeks, nothing appears to be happening, I'm refusing to spend 2 hours a day on the phone being pushed around different departments with everybody saying there's nothing they can do.

It's a simple fix,

1) Somebody has just got to swap my IP from dynamic to static, ideally for my past IP if not then any static & then I will sort out all the security from my side.

2) Somebody needs to remove the fix they put in place so that I get the emails sent to user@domain.plus.com & then allow me to create the user under the account as it should be.

I cannot under any stretch of imagination why this is taking so long.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Phaeton,

I sincerely apologise for the issue with your email account.

I'm afraid as the old account is closed we are awaiting confirmation of if it can be reactivated to be a mail only account. If it is confirmed that we can reactivate the account, we can then restore a snap shot of the emails and mailbox's.

At the moment without this clarification the only option is to add a static IP address to your new account and set up the aliases / mailbox's again however, the domain will be mailboxname@username.plus.com (this will be your new username as oppose to your old username.) We would also not be able to restore a snap shot to your new email addresses.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Phaeton
Rising Star

@Jubby

Sorry but I am really confused now, the old account is not closed, it is open as a mail only account, I can sign in & create new mailboxes & aliases that work fine. The domain mailboxname@username.plus.com (old username) works fine, the only issue apart from not having the old aliases, which I can recreate myself if necessary, is the main email address used which was alan@username.plus.com is not visible, but it cannot be created via the portal as it says it already exists, but is not visible, which it must do as I am getting emails addressed to it, including the one that told me you had updated this port, just I cannot send emails as alan@username.plus.com as it is failing authentication. 

@Jubby @TheMightyAJ @adamwalker @dvorak please remove the image once seen by staff & remove alan from the text please

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for the clarification, @Phaeton 

I've passed it along to the relevant department for investigation. 

Thanks, 

MoR

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) changed wording slightly