Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is not good news for PlusNet .....

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

This is not good news for PlusNet .....

Daily Mirror report.....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/britains-most-complained-broadband-provider-13555407

TalkTalk and Plusnet have been named as the worst broadband providers in Britain for customer satisfaction by a watchdog.

Ofcom said the two firms failed to hit the right tone with account holders after complaints soared between April to June this year.

Personally, I have been a happy bunny in the PlusNet warren for more than 10 years....

(yeah... I had a couple of niggles along the way..   but all was sorted reasonably well... )

9 REPLIES 9
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: This is not good news for PlusNet .....

I'm not surprised looking on this forum at the ever growing number of ex customers still being charged and having to wait months for refunds.

Maybe they should take a leaf out out plusnets book. If they haven't had their refund after a couple of weeks send in the debt collectors to pound on plusnets door.

billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hmmm....

I wonder what caused the blip.

To be tarred with the same brush as TalkTalk is indeed worrying even if TalkTalk are still way out in front!

I've been around since 2007 and have generally been happy with the service - it was not always plain sailing in the early days.

The staff taking an active part in the cummunitiy has always been a great asset, and the guys and grils on the phones I've always found to be helpful and friendly.

I'm sure the team will be hopefully working hard to turn things arround.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/126132/telecoms-pay-tv-complaints-q2-2018.pdf is the latest ofcom report and it doesn't quite support the Mirror's claim. The chart attached shows a different story.

billnotben
Community Veteran

Perhaps they're are both right.

One is maybe just counting customer complaints while the other is counting complaints.

What I'm saying is the people I mentioned, those waiting for refunds / still getting charged, are not customers. They're ex customers. Plusnet are the only ones who think they're still customers.

daveplus
Pro

@billnotben: I shouldn't think that ofcom would distinguish between the two categories. Looking at the summary data in the report, TalkTalk is in a league of their own:
billnotben
Community Veteran

It's hard to tell the truth of the matter. Talk Talk do seem to always get a mention.

There again my brother was with Talk Talk then Virgin then went back to Talk Talk. As he always liked them because the one problem he had with them they quickly fixed.

So who knows.

Though I think it's a safe bet that plusnet are heading towards a repeat offender fine.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

During the period April to June PN was, as far as I could see, doing no worse than it had for the previous few years; when the figures for September to December are published they may be closer to TalkTalk's.

Since we are talking about the two at the bottom end of the market price-wise, perhaps you get what you pay for.

daveplus
Pro

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@billnotben wrote:

One is maybe just counting customer complaints while the other is counting complaints.

No, its total complaints about us, per 100,00 customers 

Untitled.png

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager