cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum a waste of time

Appalled

This forum a waste of time

we want your feedback - like ####
My account was moved from Talk24 without my permission,  credit limit imposed without notification, cannot contact anyone, 15-30 minute call queues even at 7 a.m or 10.30 p.m  - another typical BT couldn't-care- less-about-the-customer set-up.
So I put in a 'ticket' - had a good laugh when the acknowledgment came up:
"Your question is now with our Support Team
We'll be in touch when your answer is ready.
At the moment we're averaging a response time of 44 hours 7 minutes 26 seconds for new queries." - I've set my watch.
Yet BT think they are at the cutting edge of ICT - and so many sheep apparently believe them.
What a painful joke.
14 REPLIES 14
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: This forum a waste of time

Hi, I believe Yourcalls and 24Talk have sold their customer base to PlusNet. There a couple of links that might be worth reading
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4820347
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/4280150-yourcalls-and-plusnet.html?page=1&fpart=all
You SHOULD have received a letter notifying you of the change.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Appalled
Sorry to hear about the issues you've mentioned. It sounds like you may not have received your letter which should have been sent to each Talk24 customer following our acquisition of their customer base.
I'll reply to your ticket and will do my best to address your concerns shortly.
Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jasonfreeman
Grafter

i got an email erlier saying:                                                                                                                                                                                                                        "We will shortly be increasing the capacity of our IPSC (20CN) broadband host links by a further 1340Mbps. It's these host links that we use to deliver bandwidth to customers provisioned on an 'Up to 8Mbps' 20CN product.
In addition to this we will also be increasing the capacity of our WBC (21CN) broadband host links by a further 4.3Gbps. It's these host links that we use to deliver bandwidth to the majority of customers on our 21CN and Fibre services."
What does this all mean?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That sounds like you've signed up for the service status emails. It won't directly affect your service, but if we don't keep adding capacity then everyone may see slowdowns!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jasonfreeman
Grafter

Oh ok than you and just one more thing yesterday I had a bad ordered to be sent to my address so that I could send my router back, are you able to see if the bag has been sent out yet or if its waiting to be sent please?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@jasonfreeman
Hi, that should have reached you by now but I've just dispatched another for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jasonfreeman
Grafter

No, the only post I got today was the stupid advertisement leaflet I keep getting from BT with my name on it and thank you for your help
jasonfreeman
Grafter

Will I get my return bag tomorrow?
Chris
Legend

They're sent out first class, so either tomorrow or Wednesday.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jasonfreeman
Grafter

Is the broadband package I'm on traffic managed?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The good news is that yes it is too ensure that you get the best possible experience; however if you are Unlimited that doesn't mean that the total throughput of the connection is limited. What it does mean is that if you have big downloads in progress, priority is given to gaming, streaming, browsing to that the background download does not affect them.
There's a article about this here: http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/12/21/its-unlimited-why-is-it-still-traffic-managed/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend

Nothing more that I can really add on top of what Jelv has said. Yes it's traffic managed, no there aren't any rate limits.
jasonfreeman
Grafter

What do you mean their isn't any rate limit?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63