cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This company is an utter disgrace

XBumble
Dabbler

This company is an utter disgrace

I'm a business customer who has been messed about by your company despite paying a premium for a so-called business service.
3 days now of a broken service and promises of an escalation to a manager that never materialises.
Rude and surly Indian staff who don't give a fig does nothing to help.
I am appalled that I should be treated so badly and that my requests for escalation are being ignored.
My service is down, my business is suffering and you don't care.
Thanks for nothing and bye bye.
13 REPLIES 13
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: This company is an utter disgrace

Which company are you talking about? (Plusnet has no Indian offices)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi XBumble,
I'm sorry about the hassle yuo've had over this. I've upped the credit limit on your talk product and set the call barring to be removed, which will happen by 3pm this afternoon.
Please post back if you've any further issues, and sorry to hear that you're cancelling - thank you for keeping the service with us as long as you have.
XBumble
Dabbler

Not good enough.
I asked to speak to a manager or higher 3 days ago and still nothing. I have had money deducted for 'penalties' in what I deem to be an unfair manner. Nobody is prepared to speak to me.
Disgusting example of customer service and you have clearly demonstrated to me that your company is totally unable to cater for professionals.
In terms of phone, I have already left you and I will be contacting Ofcom about your shoddy behaviour and attitude.
Unbelievable.
thongngo
Grafter

"Plusnet dont have indian offices"
Are you sure about that? evertime I phone plusnet an indian staff is answering it! Unless you recruit all indian in th UK....
What a joke company - I hate plusnet with passion! They don't care for anything apart from your money!
Beware of plusnet.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

South African actually.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
thongngo
Grafter

Ahhh... Sorry my bad! No wonder I don't understand them!
But thats great! at least they can say they don't have offices in india just in south africa - Where both lauguages i can barely understand ( Please do not say I'm racist because I'm not - just communication problem) And also the not caring because I'm in another country......
Mark
Grafter

Hi XBumble.
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad support experience.
There are 2 elements to this issue which concern me.
1. A business customer using our consumer support team
2. A business customer having a bad experience of our support.
All business customers have a dedicated support number direct to our dedicated and highly skilled Sheffield Business Support team. Can I ask  what number you are ringing? Our business support line is not routed to our Durban offices and the standard of support provided by the business team is normally excellent.
I'm more than happy to investigate this issue and understand what you have experienced. Can you post a relevant ticket ID and I'll do some digging in the morning.
Mark
Mark
Grafter

Hi there XBumble
I have reviewed your ticket history and can see from there that each interaction you had, certainly on the ticket, was with our dedicated Business team here in Sheffield. I also note that your ticket was actioned by the team manager on 28.10.09 at 14.47 which you acknowledged as detailed.
I understand that the team manager has indeed given you a full and complete breakdown of the charges raised and that this is being processed by DD.
I fully understand the dificulty you experienced but as pointed out on the ticket you signed up for a "Home Phone" package whislt still a residential customer. Having switched your Broadband to a Business package your phone service remained on the consumer product. We just recently introduced our business phone packages. The nature of the initial issue you had with your home phone meant that it was dealt with by our Offshore consumer support team, although subsequent actions and follow up were passed to the business team.
I'm sorry that you feel you have had a bad support experience and I have taken your feedback on board.
bobby

I am also disgusted with the customer service of this company.  I came to them because Martin Lewis recommended (in October 2009) them as the lowest charges as they have an offer (four months free) which I quoted to the staff on my first call to them.  Then they texted me saying the engineer was calling on the 4th November 2009 and if I wasn't in they would charge me an extra £49.99 - this was the day I was starting a new job.  I phoned them on their 0845 number on my mobile,  I waited 20 mins to be answered and then they said they would get back to me.  They didn't.  I phoned yet again - they said they would get back to me - they didn't .  And yet again I phoned and gave up waiting.  My son said he would have a day off work to be there for the engineer.  He had the day off and lost 1 days pay and the engineer never came anyway, he connected me some other way .  I also don't know if they have put me on this offer as I have had no confirmation from them.      I could not recommend this company to anyone from the service I have had so far.
abbiati50
Grafter

do not remind me !!
my ftp upload speed is complete nightmare ! - -
line was checked and told was ok - that is what ive to expect !
Cry Cry Cry
these days is all about money !
dick:orange Excessive emoticons removed as per Forum Rules
Mand
Grafter

@bobby, I'm really sorry that you're not happy with the service so far. I can confirm that the special offer you signed up for has been applied to your account.
With regards Home Phone installations, engineers don't always need access to the property, but when we book an installation we have to state that access will be available if needed. This is to ensure that the engineer can complete the install, and save time and additional costs.
@abbiati50, if you're having specific problems with FTP please give us some details and I'd be happy to take a look.
abbiati50
Grafter

@abbiati50, if you're having specific problems with FTP please give us some details and I'd be happy to take a look.
Dear Mand;
good day - and thanks for caring.
yes - as im morning since long time ago - me and plus net went trough all the checks - line - etc etc - a couple of months ago - and i was told - that is the ftp service i have to expect and that my line is all ok -
now let me explain - and i know it is Not a plus net staff fault or problem - the problem is the service performance offered regarding ftp upload.
it is very simple - i do work as other with the internet - running servers and upload files often especially scripts.
ftp become very very slow in the afternoon starting from around 2 o'clock or so - till 2 am in the night !
ive to say with some ftp programs it is better than others - but still get slow during that time and with some of the very popular ftp programs like for example filezilla - servers keep disconnecting - in the middle of uploads - braking scripts - causing corruptions of files etc etc ! when that happen ive to re-upload everything all over again - and again and again until by luck i get the green light assuring me that all has gone up !
there is no much you can do and i thanks for your concern - but ive to say since bt take over - the ftp uploading has been throttled to much - putting people like me into a mess making my life very very hard !
after all we work also to pay you !  
ive been with plus net about 10 years - and i know well when the time where good - these problems where not even in my dreams !
we need bt to understand us a bit better rather than being so stuck in their throttling policies which make the service look a cheap deal!
tx
ray
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:This company is an utter disgrace

Hi abbiati50,
The problem is (I'm assuming) that it's FTP to external sites that you're doing. Because this is frequently used for downloading it's rate limited across the network as per http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/unlimited-experience.shtml - we're also running in plan B config at the moment (as per http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/unlimited-experience.shtml) which won't be helping things. Unfortunately the only thing I can suggest at present is to try leaving uploads to run overnight, which I appreciate might not be ideal.