cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving - try support and you'll never go!!!

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thinking of leaving - try support and you'll never go!!!

I've been with PlusNet for more years than I can remember, and their quality of service is always first class - pricing if pretty fair too.
However, you can't be with a company for all that time without having a couple of hiccups.
Speed has been decreasing for a while now - more Wi-Fi than ethernet - I've tried a booster for upstairs but still struggle at peak times. I always stopped short of going beyond the standard tests, with the threat of the BT engineer's bill enough to 'put the frighteners' on me Smiley
The last chap I spoke to was really helpful and I decided to buy a really good router - Nighthawk AC1900 - what I didn't know was it wasn't like PlusNet's, and needed a modem too - naughty Netgear didn't make that plane for a noobie  Sad
Anyway, today all the boxes were here and I failed miserably to get them all to connect - no internet!!!
My only hope was PlusNet Support - I expected to be politely told that 'they don't/can't support 3rd party equipment" Wrong, how wrong...
I'm so sorry I have now forgotten his name from this morning but he was brilliant and patiently talked me through the set up for the modem and then on to the router. All is now well, and we have internet again.
Sometimes something has to go wrong for you to be reminded that a local call centre - where everyone understands everyone - with a freephone number, that actually resolves your problems, is at least as important as the front end service - if not more so.
THANK YOU.
Brilliant service, as usual. PlusNet you are the best.
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Thinking of leaving - try support and you'll never go!!!

Always good to see positive feedback and a reminder that it isn't all doom and gloom Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The guys should be able to track down who you spoke to and pass on your appreciation for a job well done.
Good to hear Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Timalay
Grafter

It was exactly the same when I signed up to adsl.  I had my own modem at the time from my old isp, so I thought I wouldn't need one supplied so opted out the Plusnet modem/router.  But to my despair I found my modem didn't work with Plusnet.  Luckily I had another modem/router that had bought before hand, but never been able to set up with my old ISP.  Plusnet telephone chap talked me right through it.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there
Thanks for the positive feedback! I've managed to find the agents name by looking at your account and I'll make sure that we get that passed back onto him and his manager.
If you have any further issues please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thanks for that Mathew  Grin
adie:quote