cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking Of Leaving Plusnet? Hang On Not So Fast!!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Just Before I Go

Cheers Steve,
No problem at all, have a think over the weekend. With regards to upgrading we'd just need to know which account type you'd like to go for and we'll take it from there and deal with the upgrade so there should be very little for you to actually do.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi Adam, Ive decided to stay put with TalkTalk, Great speeds at a fraction of the price does it for me, Thanks for your time though.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi again adam, Another update, After ten dis-connections with talktalk in ten minutes today and a phone call from someone from abroad who tells me my router is not compatable with them i have decided to return to plusnet, My router and line was fine before the move and i cant cope with there appauling customer service, Ive rang yourselves and made all the arrangements to return and now await returning to a proper ISP who actually care!!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yay \o/
Steve
Seasoned Pro

HaHa the women on the phone who i spoke with at plusnet knew exactly what she was talking about and even managed to get me back on using my original account also with 3 months free broadband, So hopefully openreach dont muck my line up when coming back from LLU, Short lived leaving you guys and i wont be doing that again anytime soon i can tell you. Thanks for having me back!! I cant wait!
Edit, Ive decided to commit to TalkTalk, Im there now and if anyone can make them half decent its me Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Welcome back - why don't you modify the thread title  Grin
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Just Before I Go/Just Before I Return

Grin Thankyou kindly oldjim, Thread now modified Grin
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Thinking Of Leaving Plusnet? Hang On Not So Fast!!

Either my lines somehow developed a fault or openreach has mucked up my line at the exchange i think as to why ive been dis-connected 10 times in ten minutes with T.T. LLU today, But to say my router is not supported by them is a tad over the top, I have a Netgear DGN1000 and they support a Netgear DGN2000 so there surely cant be that much difference between them surely? Its full compatable with ADSL2+!!
Im now resorting to T.T. router at the moment incase of any further problems and then ( even then ) Im highly doubtful I will get help i need from them after todays phonecall to them. I just hope that my line all settles down again and gets back to normality once im back on the BT network and with Plusnet as my ISP, Yes i wont see blistering fast speeds with plusnet ( For the moment )ADSL2+ reaches my exchange end of this year I think, But I did have a fantastic connection with proper forum and phonecall support with plusnet and this alone is worth paying out the extras for each month.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just seen the other one fed up with PN going to Opal, lots of boasting, so I looked up Opal,  in small print in a funny colour it says the Business arm of Talk T---K - mustn swear to much Crazy Crazy
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Opal was created from a number of businesses before being taken over by TalkTalk.
My very first personal Internet connection (and domain hosting/management) was though one of those companies, and they were excellent and I moved from dial-up to Broadband with them eventually merging into Opal (pre-TT).
In fact I still as a result have an email address on one of the Opal systems, they've probably just forgotten about it TBH.
If they've maintained their business ethos of old I don't see why you would want to swear.  Lips_are_sealed
Gabe
Grafter

Quote from: Steve
3 months free broadband

Modern equivalent of the fatted calf.  Roll_eyes
Gabe
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Final update from me, Ive decided to slug it out with talktalk and cancelled moving back to plusnet, Im determined to make this work with TalkTalk but thankyou to everyone for their support and help,  All the best.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Shame Steve,
Has anything in particular made you wing back to Talk Talk? You may wish to keep an eye out for posts by Peckham Pouncer as they are moving back from Talk Talk to us after what they are describing as a bad experience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just decided to stay with them For the cheapness, Plus I am getting good speeds, Using there Little Totty Router last couple days and not experiencing any dis-connections with them, Ive asked them to disable DLM on my line to as its no use to me, My lines short and that DLM just keeps dis-connecting me to try for faster and faster speeds, Will be back if im not happy with them, 18 month contract or no 18 month contract.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Steve,
Just for the sake of my sanity what is a little totty rotuer? (the mind boggles) Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team