cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst customer care I have ever recived...........

DavidJBrown

The worst customer care I have ever recived...........

Fist Plus let my domain expire, even though it was set to Auto renew, on top of that they don't even tell me it has expired and the first I know is an email from Nominet.
Then I have to chase up to find out what is going on and they "lose" my notes of when the domain was renewed in 2007. Then I am told it is going to be about £80 to renew and host the domain.
Now they have stopped my email service and are not updating my support ticket (28431116 in case you've "lost" the info again).
It does not inspire confidence in this company at all, and the £28 referral credit I have seems pointless.
Is anyone else having these problems?
It makes this company look very amateur.
D
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: The worst customer care I have ever recived...........

Hi Mr. Brown,
Sorry about the hassle, I've talked to the agent who's looking into this for you and you should be hearing from him shortly.
DavidJBrown

I would be more willing to belive you if my support question I updated on tues had been replied to. As of yet still no reply.................
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

On checking I can see that the only open ticket on your account was replied to at about 9:20 this morning.
DavidJBrown

Funny that, nothing since Tues and then a reply an hour after I post..................... Roll_eyes
DavidJBrown

This issue is now resolved.
I have transfered my domain away from plus who were going to charge me £100 for 2 years (£50 renewal and £25 x 2 years hosting), to another company for £5 for the 2 years (yes, a £95 saving).
A HUGE thank you to Richard Jenkins in support, the ONLY person there that actually listened, understood and tried to help.
Santiago
Grafter

Hey plusnet that was not handled very well was it. What is going on, why has this man had to move his business elsewhere?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi David,
Sorry about these issues, and I'll pass on your thanks to Richard. Good luck with your new web host.
@Santiago
We can't match the prices of a dedicated domain company, well except for our sister company www.just-the-name.co.uk
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
avalon
Grafter

You should be able to give customers warning that registration was about to expire and efficiently renew domain registrations if requested to though.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can't go into the details of this account due to DPA but it's safe to say that we do send reminders.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: DavidJBrown
Fist Plus let my domain expire, even though it was set to Auto renew, on top of that they don't even tell me it has expired and the first I know is an email from Nominet.

Point is if the set up had worked correctly plusnet would still have this customer.