cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The longest ticket ever? Question #41188525

Lancsboy
Dabbler

The longest ticket ever? Question #41188525

I am coming to the conclusion that getting a fault fixed with plusnet is luck of the draw. I have had a ticket open since the 28th March  and without all  the boring details moved to CN21 and since then my line has dropping regularly despite two training periods  an engineers visit a new router and  and two periods of waiting and seeing if things "settle down" .  Best was the message that my line was now running  as expected and stable despite it losing sync several times a day.
I believe there are some good people at plusnet (Jojo for one but I have dealt with a couple of other excellent people as well) ) who try their best to clear up faults a s quickly and efficiently as possibe however it does appear to me however that when a fault moves from one team to another the fault falls in to a period of inactivity which is unacceptable.  I think when this happens there is a loss of ownership and urgency that is detrimental to the process. On two occassions I have been told someone will be back to me within 48hrs but I have had to prompt a response as no one did.. On one occassion when I called for an update I was told it doesnt mean 24-48 hrs it means up to 72hrs. How can that be???
My last last update was Friday 1.40 and I was told someone would be looking at it soon. Now Sunday 4-15pm and not a peep. This has been going on for a month now,  not to mention billing issues after my house move (thanks for the refund of the overcharges and two free months I really do appreciate the gesture) and more recently a spurious phone cancellation also connected to the house move.
These none technical issues are minor in my opinion and have been dealt with quickly and  effectively by friendly professional staff. What I didnt appreciate however was having three live questions open at once meant my ticket for the long standing technical issue simply vanished and there appears to be no way for the customer to cancel tickets to get a pervious question back into help assistant. (Another call)
If I was a customer of certain other providers I would imagine all this would be par for the course  however I am a Plusnet customer and this isnt what I have come to expect based on previous experience in the time I have been with them.  I hope it isnt a sign that now Plusnet are getting bigger and busier that they will simply become as inept at customer service as their main competition is. In which case I iwill just have to pay more and move to one of the smaller providers who can still look after their customers well, but at a price.
My Question is number  #41188525 and what I would really like is for someone to take ownership of it through to a successful resolution. I dont want apologies or explanations or justification or even someone pointing out "smallprint" in terms and conditions as happened recently, just a resolution made possible by teamwork and good communication. Anyone going to step up to the plate?
Lancsboy  Angry

14 REPLIES 14
tony8436
Grafter

Re: The longest ticket ever? Question #41188525

I might be able to beat that.  Although the one fault has several tickets, it was first raised on 5th march and only resolved 2 days ago.  You are not alone suffering a poor service from what can only be described as the worst provider I have ever been with.  Can I ask, are they hiding behind their T's & C's saying that they do not guarantee internet connection?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There's a thread on here for a user whose connection isn't delivering properly that's been going for a year.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tony8436
Grafter

A whole year? Why is he still with PN?  surely changing ISP's might convince somebody to do something.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you going on everybody else's thread will never get you fibe, why dont you move house to somewhere that has got it
tony8436
Grafter

I told you before, it's not as simple as move house.  ow can I just move house when I don't know how long I will be here before moving away?  What is your solution, move house every three years? Not a solution.
adie:quote
amcclean
Rising Star

Having similar concerns and frustrations too. Ticket open since 28th Feb re drop in ppp with sync remaining constant. . Despite always sync at 6500 to 7500 +
Today I got a reply to my ticket saying everything was fine at 1544.
My line has never synced at this since the day of upto 2 mb the additions to the tick directly before this Pn posting shows line speeds of 6304; 6688 etc but the agent said all was well with a steady sync at 1544.
Surely the rpley should have read you line appears stable but the speed has dropped dramatically so we'll take a look! It just said they norm contact us if you have any further queries.
I too have asked for someone at PN to take personal responsibility for assisting me as I'm getting tired of having to monitor the line and have to explain everything time and time again. Ticket ID.40313333

tony8436
Grafter

It took 5 weeks of being passed around before I got someone to take ownership of my fault.  after this, they finnaly aranged an engineer visit.  The engineer said he had cleared the fault but I could only connect at 31Kbps.  Another engineer visit who could find nothing wrong.  It turns out that PN had not re-set my profile to what it should be.  a week later, I recieve a text telling me that they had done this and I should be able to get online.  If you do get someone to take ownership of your ticket, you may still have to make sure they do everything they need to.
amcclean
Rising Star

3 openreach visits down already.
on checking my line profile it still says 5.5mb so my line fault must have only been a very temp issue or the wrong note were added to my account. still not sure what's going on though. a PN Cs has agreed to take personal responsibility to pass it onto the faults team and request a call back tomorrow night.
can't do a speed test at present so will need to wait.
tony8436
Grafter

If they don't phone back as they said they would, (they told me the same and didn't get back to me) make sure you phone them.  They may try to give you the run around unless you let them know that you will not go away until it is fixed.  I don't know how often you speak to them, but they have a habbit of sorting out the quick fixes first and leaving the difficult ones in the hope that they will go away or become somebody elses problem, after all, the quick fixes get the stats up.
Lancsboy
Dabbler

Well I had a response yesterday saying my line was stable yet again....it dropped 4 times on Sunday and at least twice yesterday and in the early hours.  I got my bill and havent been refunded the overcharges as promised. Even though I have another free month Im definitley leaving now but when I rang for the mac code the wait was "in excess of 20 minutes". Unbeleivable the right hand doesnt know what the left is doing! I am bemused by another email that says my upgrade has been put through with an estimated speed of 11meg......I wish!
I had hoped someone from plusnet read this forum but clearly they don't or they dont care. I guess i the problem is easy to fix, fix  it if not see if it goes away or maybe the customer will take the problem elsewhere.
Anyway Im off to Eclipse asap.
Lancsboy
wildorchid02

Long suffering, we are doing it a second time now, when I joined plusnet last september for my wifes florist, we changed from BT to Plusnet (should be know difference) we lost our phone for 2 weeks and broadband for 3 weeks.
Stupid me now has taken for fibre broadband, was told we may have 2 hours downtime, which I could live with. but no we are now on Day 6 144 hours and they cannot tell me when.
If i see another ticket mentioned I will flip, which I did last night, ending up sending my rant by mail last night, they say ave time to reply to complaints is 3 hours and X minuets, we are now on 30 hours. Perhaps they missed a zero off that.
I have fibre being put into my home next week, lets see how they cock that one up!
TicnTac
Grafter

Wink beat you all!  Roll_eyes 13 months and counting!  Roll_eyes
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: jelv
There's a thread on here for a user whose connection isn't delivering properly that's been going for a year.

Guess who I was thinking of when I posted that!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TicnTac
Grafter

Guess who I was thinking of when I posted that!

ummmmm?

Wink