The game of pass-the-parcel ...

themcgowan

The game of pass-the-parcel ...

Question #121572827 - Your Feedback
< Back

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
8:17am, Tuesday 8 Mar 2016
Dear Mr ,
Thank you for your time on the phone today.
As discussed, an appointment for an engineer to visit the premises has been arranged for 10/03/16 between 8am and 1pm.
As agreed with you, If the engineer finds the fault to be within the boundaries of your property, the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists and we will add a one off fee of £50 to your bill. The same fee will apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel the appointment within 48 hours of the engineer visit time. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property.
We are very stringent on accepting and passing on these charges and protecting both you and us from paying a charge.
You can reply to this ticket here if you need to get in contact with us.
[Internal]
Customer has agreed to the charge: Y
Confirm you have asked the customer to check if there is any physical damage to the BT equipment: Y
Please confirm you have asked the customer to do all of the following:
Connect an alternative corded handset: Y
Connect the phone directly to the test socket without a filter: Y or
Connect the phone directly to the main socket without a filter with all other devices removed from the line: Y
Fault Type: Phone not ringing inside the house.
Test Results: NFF
Fault Ref: 07747885432

Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[Email notification sent to: ??@outlook.com]
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your phone engineer has been booked for 10/03/16 between 8am and 1pm. Please tell us if this needs rearranging at least 48 hours prior to this.]

[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
8:22am, Tuesday 8 Mar 2016
Placing ticket on hold until the day of appointment.

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 10th March at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:10am, Thursday 10 Mar 2016
Question [ 121572827 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

[mremoved]   - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
7:30pm, Thursday 10 Mar 2016
**INTERNAL**
Testing. Results to follow shortly.

7:43pm, Thursday 10 Mar 2016
Engineer NotesI continued to progress to the end customer premises and was unable to perform line test with the fault located to the exchange. This line has not worked since the recent order as confirmed by the customer Mr . The fault was fixed by changing MDF Jumper. TIME:10-03-2016 10:18:02

7:43pm, Thursday 10 Mar 2016
Dear Mr ,
Thanks for your patience.
Our suppliers have informed us they have cleared a fault on your line. They believe this has rectified the issue you reported to us.I hope this clears things up for you.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
If you are happy the fault has been resolved, there is no need to reply as the ticket will close automatically after 14 days. This reduces our ticket volumes and lowers our overall response time.

Kind regards,
[mremoved] 
[Sms Message: Plusnet: Our suppliers have informed us they have cleared a fault on your line. They believe this has rectified the issue you reported to us. If you feel the issue has not been resolved, please get back to so we can further investigate. If you are happy the issue is resolved there is no need to get back in touch]

Your Response
5:16pm, Friday 11 Mar 2016
To: [mremoved]   / [mremoved]   / [mremoved]  ... / Customer Service Dept.
I'm a new customer to PlusNet.
I received emails confirming my new contract / contract details / date of transfer - from PlusNet.
The changeover date was scheduled and advised as Monday 7th March.
No Activation Email was received from PlusNet prior to changeover date.
On 7th March at approx. 08:45 my landline (and corresponding ADSL broadband service) switched off.
I had expected a smooth, if not seamless, handover of provider.
By mid-morning, I was starting to get anxious regarding my changeover.
I called PlusNet support and spoke with an adviser - [mremoved] .
Ben stated that there was a "Delay" flagged on my account and that he would transfer me to the appropriate department to deal with my transfer.
I was connected to another adviser/department and told there was no Delay flag on my account and everything should be ok in a "few hours" - "try to connect to the internet later"- " things will be sorted by midnight at the latest".
I was a bit confused by the contradictions of "delay" and "no delay" but gave more time to accommodate the changeover.
Midnight came and went with no improvement.
Next morning at 07:30 I started to contact again with this issue - my landline and ADSL Broadband were still down.
The adviser [mremoved]  stated that "[mremoved] " was not trained to a sufficient level to give the information that there was a delay on my account - adding more confusion to the situation.
To expedite the issue, [mremoved]  suggested that an Openreach Engineer visit and investigate.
I am currently housebound, in a full-leg cast and on double crutches with no weight-bearing on my right leg.
I had a hospital appointment on Wednesday 9th March and suggested that the Openreach Engineer was scheduled to visit on Thursday 10th March (between 08:00 and 13:00).
*[mremoved]  used the mobile contact number from her screen as my contact. I advised that I did not wish this mobile number to be used or recorded for any other contact from PlusNet.
The Openreach Engineer - Michael - made contact on the mobile number supplied by PlusNet and his report is recorded in this thread.
The fault was at the exchange and has been rectified as of approx. 10:00 on Thursday 10th March.
* I continue to receive txt messages on the mobile contact number regarding this fault (10th & 11th March).
My confidence in your abilities to perform to expected standards has been shaken by this issue:
Insufficiently trained advisers making unqualified statements - [mremoved] .
Trained advisers stating that other members of staff are not sufficiently trained to be qualified to make statements - [mremoved] .
Activation email not received.
Mobile contact details still being used - despite my request to the contrary.
What should have been a simple handshake changeover has been a customer service let-down.
Your advert states "PlusNet, we'll do you proud !" - from a New Customer's perspective: I wouldn't take any pride in how this has been handled.

[mremoved]  - CSC Analyst
10:27am, Sunday 13 Mar 2016
Dear Mr ,
Thank you for your patience.
I tried to call you today but there was no answer.
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused whilst we dealt with this fault, I have now removed your mobile contact from the account, we will no longer use the mobile phone in means of contacting or updating yourself, if you wish to change this in the future please get back in touch with us.
Our suppliers have informed us they have cleared a fault on your line. They believe this has rectified the issue you reported to us.I hope this clears things up for you.
I have issued a refund for your downtime, which came to a total of £2.45. The calculations for this are below:
Refund Calculations
Number of days downtime time:3
Monthly subscription for affected services: £24.49
Calculation: (£24.49/30)*3 = £2.45
Refunded Amount = £2.45
The refund will be sent to the account the payment was taken from and normally take around 5-7 workings days to be processed.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
If you are happy the fault has been resolved, there is no need to reply as the ticket will close automatically after 14 days. This reduces our ticket volumes and lowers our overall response time.

Kind regards,
[mremoved]

[mremoved]   - CSC Analyst
10:28am, Sunday 13 Mar 2016
**INTERNAL**
Testing. Results to follow shortly.

10:29am, Sunday 13 Mar 2016

Kind regards

10:30am, Sunday 13 Mar 2016
Dear Mr ,
Thank you for your patience.
I tried to call you today but there was no answer.
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused whilst we dealt with this fault, I have now removed your mobile contact from the account, we will no longer use the mobile phone in means of contacting or updating yourself, if you wish to change this in the future please get back in touch with us.
I have issued a refund for your downtime, which came to a total of ?2.45. The calculations for this are below:
Refund Calculations
Number of days downtime time:3
Monthly subscription for affected services: ?24.49
Calculation: (?24.49/30)*3 = ?2.45
Refunded Amount = ?2.45
The refund will be sent to the account the payment was taken from and normally take around 5-7 workings days to be processed.

Kind regards,
[mremoved] 

Your Response
2:53pm, Sunday 13 Mar 2016
Dear [mremoved]   - CSC Analyst (Department Unknown/Not Advised)
Thank you for your replies and their contents.
Communicating with customers is an opportunity to enhance relationships - It is rather confusing to receive 2x emails imparting the same information - only visual difference is the correct input/display of the £ (UKL Pound sign).
You have failed to address the main subject of my communication: I am a new customer to PlusNet and your company's handling of this matter - in terms of Customer Service / Professionalism - has done nothing to support or enhance a feeling that I have made a good choice in moving from my previous provider [unless you believe that issuing a minimal financial refund for a fault negates poor performance: No Activation Email received / Continued use of a mobile contact number despite specific acknowledged request not to do so / Un-trained staff making untrue statements - [mremoved]  / Trained staff highlighting the lack of training of their colleagues - [mremoved]  ].
Where is your commitment to address the points raised in communications, to investigate, to improve, to enhance the customer experience ?
PlusNet we'll do you proud ?... If I were a PlusNet employee, I would not take any pride from this fiasco.
Best regards.
??

4:34pm, Monday 14 Mar 2016
Dear Mr ,
Thank you for getting back to us.
I am sorry to hear about your fault. I have reviewed through your case and I can see why the agent [mremoved]  was advising that there was a delay. The delay was caused by automation contacting with your losing provider to migrate your number over to our service. Sometimes this shows up on BT's system as a delay which is why he transferred you to the provisions department to get more information as this agent is not trained to explain entirely what this delay represents.
Once you got through to a provision agent they then explained this is not a delay in the order and is still expected to be completed by the date expected. This did complete on the 7th and the broadband order completed the day after at the 8th. We then sent the activation email on the Tuesday 08/03/16 07:51 under the service notice: SN263772070.
As you made us aware your services were not working after this and it appeared that you had a fault on the line since the completion of the order. Which is why a fault case was raised an engineer went out. This engineer changed the jumpers in exchange and this is when service was restored. This is why you didn't receive an activation email because this was not to do with your provision but a fault investigation.
As OFCOM regulations state we will refund all loss of service to a fault but this is proportionate to the amount paid and duration of loss of service.
We will take on board all feedback and we apologise for confusion caused during this investigation. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance and we'll happily investigate further.

Kind regards,
[mremoved] 

Your Response
5:19pm, Monday 14 Mar 2016
To : [mremoved]  / [mremoved]   / [mremoved]   / [mremoved]   / [mremoved]  ... (...Uncle Tom Cobbly and all - lol )
I think you have played "pass-the-parcel" [ passing an issue from one person to another until a customer get's fed up and gives up ] with this issue for long enough.
To clarify:
If you check company records, you will note that I made your company aware on the morning of Monday 07/03/16 that there were problems with my service - Not as you state " ... on Tuesday 08/03/16 07:51 under notice: SN263772070 ... services were not working AFTER THIS..."
- Why did your company send an email to a customer who has advised that they have no email/internet service?
Best regards,

PS - Quoting rules and OFCOM regulations does not impress - nor does it engender any feeling of confidence in your company's Customer Service standards.
dick:csa
3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: The game of pass-the-parcel ...

Welcome to the community forums.
I'm sorry to see that you have experienced a fault on your line during your migration to Plusnet. Unfortunately it is not always possible for advisors to take personal ownership of fault tickets and have 1 single contact through to resolution. This is not, as you say, passing an issue from one person to another until a customer get's fed up and gives up.
Quote from: themcgowan
The changeover date was scheduled and advised as Monday 7th March.
No Activation Email was received from PlusNet prior to changeover date.

On Ticket 120446329 (Also sent to the email address on your account) we advised the following on 22/02/16 11:08:
Quote from: Plusnet
The order for your service to be activated has been requested for 07/03/2016...
...we should be able to get your broadband service working within 48 hours of your phone line being activated.

Following this, we sent two further emails (SN262027715 & SN262127179) on 22/02/16 19:59 and 23/02/16 12:19 confirming activation dates:
Quote from: SN262127179
Your request to transfer [removed] to Plusnet is due to happen on 7/3/2016.

Quote from: SN262027715
Your broadband order is now being processed.
Your service is due to go live on 08/03/2016. Your order could complete any time on this date, up to midnight.

On 07/03/16 17:20 we confirmed your phone order had completed on SN263715799 (Also sent via email)
Quote from: SN263715799
Subject: Home Phone - Your service is ready to use
Your Plusnet Home Phone service is ready to use.

Following this, we also confirmed your broadband order had completed on 08/03/16 07:51 via SN263772070 (Also sent via email)
Quote from: SN263772070
Subject: Your broadband service is now up and running
Your broadband service is now active

Although I do appreciate you had been in touch on 07/03/16, advising that there were problems with your service, this was prior to the orders completing. When you contacted us again on 08/03/16, we were in a position where we could investigate further as the orders had completed at this point. A fault was raised and an engineer was booked for 10/03/16. Following the engineer visit, your services appear to be working.

Quote from: themcgowan
* I continue to receive txt messages on the mobile contact number regarding this fault (10th & 11th March).

Looking at the account, I can see we did send a text message on the 10th:
Quote from: Plusnet
Sms Message: Plusnet: Our suppliers have informed us they have cleared a fault on your line. They believe this has rectified the issue you reported to us. If you feel the issue has not been resolved, please get back to so we can further investigate. If you are happy the issue is resolved there is no need to get back in touch

However I am unable to see any notes to suggest we contacted you via this method on the 11th.
The reason this was used on the 10th was in relation to the fault and was simply requesting to get back in touch if you were still experiencing issues.
Again, I am sorry to see you experienced a fault with your services upon completion of the orders. However looking over the notes, I can see that this was raised with us and resolved within 2 days of the orders completing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
themcgowan

Harry Beesley - Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Good morning Harry - and thanks for your fulsome reply of 15th March (would have replied sooner but medical appointments take priority just now).
Am I to understand that it is your position that it is acceptable behaviour and good Customer Service & Relations standards for:
1.  Insufficiently trained PlusNet staff members to advise and make statements to new customers on issues outside their remit?Huh
2. Trained PlusNet staff members to highlight and advise new customers on the lack of training of their colleagues?Huh
3. Automated systems responses are totally in-flexible and have been designed without reference to circumstances as exampled in my issue (or am I to understand that my situation was totally unique in the history of PlusNet)?Huh
I'll enjoy your responses later: back off to Orthopaedics again today  Smiley
C ya !
themcgowan

Seems Mr Beesley/ PlusNet Customer Relations Team have no replies/responses ... pity: shows the calibre of the individuals ?