cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The futures bright - it used to be plusnet but now it's SKY Unlimited

simon7685
Grafter

The futures bright - it used to be plusnet but now it's SKY Unlimited

I was with Plusnet for 18 months with no problems and ready to renegotiate a new deal to stay for another year.  Then it went horribly wrong, they cut me off at my exchange for no reason.  They couldn't tell me why they did it just that they did.  When they got me back on after 4 days and an expedited order, I thought ok go with it sh** happens.  But then it happened again and the slavver I was receiving and lies being told were oscar material.  So I decided to look around at other suppliers halfheartedly until for the 3rd time they screwed me up and left me high and dry with out my connection again and had me waiting in for engineer visits that were never going to happen because they had been cancelled but no one remembered to tell me, the most impotant person in the link.  So off I went on a new journey.
That new journey was to SKY for their unlimited broadband package, as they had coincidentally just moved their equipment into my exchange at the end of July.  A lot of folka on here were sceptical that it could all end in tears - including me after what I had just been through with Plusnet.
Anyway here I am now 6 months on.  My unlimited BB costs me £7.50 a month.  There has been one small outage of about 30 minutes since moving.  Apart from that I receive a constant downstream of between 9 and 12 meg most of the time.  Even at the busy times when everyone in the area seem to be on at the same time.  Usually once or twie a day I hit the dizzy heights of 18 or 19 meg even though I am only supposed to get a max of 15.  My upload speed is 600kb and never moves either way.
So I accept it isn't always a case of the grass being greener on the other side but in this case it most definately is and long may it continue.
I just thought I would share my thoughts.
Simon Cheesy
22 REPLIES 22
TicnTac
Grafter

Re: The futures bright - it used to be plusnet but now it's SKY Unlimited

The futures bright...........

Huh hmmmm, and I always thought it was Orange Wink
Grin
Glad you have found greener grass, although I'm sure you're just rubbing it in Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

simon7685,
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had with us, I'd really like to look into this to see what can be learned.
Then it went horribly wrong, they cut me off at my exchange for no reason

Can you give me an idea of when this happened, your account does have a very long and detailed history and knowing when this happened would help me look at this and post an overview of what happened from our point of view.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

does this help?
For any other user reading this and wondering what happened, my service was disconnected on 28 June, plusnet said it was a faulty router, sent a new one and tied me into a new contract (since cancelled) It was then discovered that the service was disconnected, according to plusnet they do not know why or how this happened.  Over the next month following a new broadband order my service did nothing but keep going off.  Each occassion Plusnet refused to accept responsibility for it, they blamed everyone else.  They refused to get an engineer out, then booked it told it was coming and it never did because it wasn't booked properly by them.  All in all I suffered 5 disconnections in 3 weeks.  When they eventually got my broadband back they throttled me back to half a meg download speed, after a week of this they blamed BT Wholesale when it turned out it was them throttling me back.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I wish people would do quotes properly so that we could see when the post was made and click the link in the quote header to get back to the original post! Sad
From the same post:
Quote from: simon7685
My billing date used to be the 9th of the month but for reasons only known to yourselves you changed it to the 7th of the month.  I am now receiving my broadband through my new ISP as of 31 August.  It is a shame that it had to come to this and a once satisfied customer has been forced to go elsewhere but after the garbage response to my complaint and Plusnets failure to accept responsibility I felt I had no option but to change ISP.  I know from these forums that I am not the first to leave following terrible customer service and I doubt I will be the last.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Reading the rest of the topic from the quote linked, his experience didn't get any better following his decision to leave!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I would normally do a proper quote, but adam asked a particular question, re the date and I answered it
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Not applicable

Just out of interest, can you have stand-alone broadband for £7.50?  Do you not have to pay for the television package too?
If so then it is fine if you want it but not so good if you don't.
community
Grafter

Very good point, Poppy!
I would like to know the answer to that!
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

It appears that you can but its £ 15.00 a month
More details here;
http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-options/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

... and only if your exchange is enabled for Sky LLU.
smiffyb36
Grafter

Sky Broadband: You must subscribe to your chosen Broadband product for 12 months. Monthly subscription providing you remain a Sky TV and Sky Talk subscriber: Everyday Lite £0; Unlimited £7.50 (otherwise £5 or £12.50 with Sky TV).  Connect at £17 pm is available to customers outside our network area.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Connect - 40GB & subject to Traffic Management Policy.

Just check out the comments elsewhere about that!
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: jelv
I wish people would do quotes properly so that we could see when the post was made and click the link in the quote header to get back to the original post! Sad

That's why I raised this <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90593.msg756191.html#msg756191">topic</a> but no-one seemed interested.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)