cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Plusnet curse?....On & On 1 Year On!

mikko
Grafter

Re: The Plusnet curse?

Plusnet isn't a bank, so why's it going on holiday? 

Plusnet is a sort of bank - it's been known to play around with money from peoples accounts and maybe give it back if/when it deems necessary.
TicnTac
Grafter

Grin
dat made me smile! Ta! Needed that.
TicnTac
Grafter

SNR Margin 9 15 dB
Line Attenuation 57 35 dB
Data Rate 3053 445 kbps

D-Link arrived  Smiley Won't allow me to surf the net though..............so, plugged in Evil Hub V2 -
Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 0:01:13
Downstream 3,382 Kbps
Upstream 440 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.3
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 9.1 dB / 14.7 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 56.0 dB / 35.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 13.1 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 32
Loss of Signal (Local) 3
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 66 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 2 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 15
Error Seconds (Local) 8

Unbanded or the L&S?
We'll have to see if we get any cut outs.............would like to give the D-Link another shot, just the little one wants to play, and he's not going be allowed to play with the D-Link, or wires -  Roll_eyes
We'll wait and see.......... Undecided tis all very odd  Undecided
thought I'd add..............
well things are working, oh, they're not, thing are working, oh they're not - and so on and so on, really must play with the LinkyD, but I don't really think a router will sort this......anyway, the latest installments of some numbers.
Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 9:34:57
Downstream 3,382 Kbps
Upstream 440 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.3
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 9.2 dB / 14.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 56.0 dB / 35.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 13.1 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 32
Loss of Signal (Local) 3
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 23438 / 4294967232
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 99 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 56

Roll on Tuesday!
TicnTac
Grafter

Tuesday has almost gone, guess it rolled away?  Undecided
Line state Connected
Connection time 2 days, 23:39:30
Downstream 544 Kbps
Upstream 440 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.3
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 23.6 dB / 16.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 57.0 dB / 35.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 12.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 44
Loss of Signal (Local) 4
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 44714 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 0 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 137

well this isn't great is it? The line is on a pogo stick of errors and problems, and no one has done anything? Apart from the D-Link router, does manage to kick the line into some sort of action, just won't let us surf the net through it?  Undecided
Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

As per your reply to trinworthy's thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88460.0.html I'm going to check your fault now before coming back to you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

TicnTac,
To summarise my response to your support ticket we do see that a further engineer visit may help.
The engineer that visited on the 26th was unable to complete all the requested tasks within the allotted 2 hour time slot so we are recommending another visit to get the following things done:
a lift and shift, a check of the drop cable and an engineer co-op with the REIN team to do some further checks for interference problems.
However before we go down that road it would be well worth seeing if we can get you going with the D-Link that Ben posted out to you. Have you tried a factory reset of the device at all yet?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Hi Adam
Have replied to the ticket too, but just to clear a few things up:
1: Engineer wasn't here for two hours.
2: Engineer replaced NTE5 Master Socket
3: Engineer re-fitted ADSL Nation Faceplate filter
also:
Our telephone line is underground, through conduit in the internal wall underground under a blocked paved driveway to the plastic tub of wires under the BT cover. We do have a telephone pole, with a wire, going to the house, this has never been live on the BT exchange, this was internal BT maintained wireing, it is redundant, any further information than that I guess would be classified  Roll_eyes
As you can see on the stats: we've had very low sync. speeds, and drop outs, we are using evil hub V2, might switch back to the Thomson as it has made no difference at all - will play with the D-Link again - did do the reset before I went to set it up, just in case there were settings prior to being sent out - we do sync and connect, but it won't let through traffic - will work on it though later to see what I can do - however, with the stats as they are, I can't see it being a router?  Undecided ........it might be though, till it is in, up, and working, who knows?
On the last internal memo before the tickets went AWOL, something about an RF filter? Still don't have one, and thought Mr SFI would have fitted one since he was asked. Apart from him plugging his laptop in, and trying a USB ADSL voyager, and trying to get a Netgear working, that was it, didn't even lift the cover at the bottom of the drive.
Something is being missed somewhere.........
It is also dragging on, and on, and on, and on..........best not plug the Ariston brand here, as I doubt many folk will remember the Ariston advert, and on, and on.......... Roll_eyes
Ticket wise - can any of my questions be answered please? Even one would have been nice  Sad Same with the forums  Undecided Sad
Ah well - will leave it with you - are we getting a SFI booked out again then? DId you enjoy your time off? Do you use Pro Tools or Logic?
Undecided
TicnTac
Grafter

After a few hard resets, (hard because the reset button wasn't resetting it) The GSL-G624T is now working and connected (D-Link router).
ADSL Firmware Version: 7.00.01.00 - 7.00.01.00 - 7.00.04.-4 Annex A - 01.07.2c - 0.54  
ADSL Software Version: V3.02B01T02.UK-A.20061128
Line State Connected
Modulation ADSL_G.dmt.bis
Annex Mode Annex A  
Max Tx Power -38 dBm/Hz

Item Downstream Upstream Unit
SNR Margin 12 16 dB
Line Attenuation 56 35 dB
Data Rate 2039 445 kbps

The only real issue I can see here is that the stats aren't as great as the other 3 routers, however, it is connected, we are able to use the Internet through it, which I guess is a good thing!  Roll_eyes
So where are we now then?
What is going on?
Where are you?
Can questions be answered?
Do you want the Thomson back in the post?
Are we getting another SFI?
When would that be (to the above question)?
Why is it the Feedback forum seems to be getting more and more disgruntled old and new customers?
Noted that the wireless performance on the D-Link isn't as good as the evil hub v2.
So, where do we go from here?
Undecided Angry
edit:
wonder if there is away to link all the hubs together and have them all running? Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi TicnTac ,
First of all you replied whilst I was typing this response, this is where I am, replying to you Smiley
Hows things wit you today? Thanks for your reply to the ticket I will take a look at that ASAP and make sure all of your questions have been answered. With regards to any unanswered questions to your postings on here I've read back through the rest of the post and will try to cover those in this reply for you.
Just to clarify something about the engineer visit, when you say they weren't there for two hours, I'm assuming by this you mean that they were there for less than two hours? If so do you have an idea for how long they might have been present for, this is so I can feed it back to our suppliers.
On the last internal memo before the tickets went AWOL, something about an RF filter?

Have you been given a copy of the closed ticket yet? let me know and I will arrange that for you, I don't mind e-mailing it over to you if that makes things easier. Also with regards to an RF filter I've found in experience that its best we take a two pronged approach to getting one fitted (this approach can help get done what we need the engineers to do on their visits too) what I mean by this is that we will request on our notes that one is fitted when we book the engineer, but what may help is that you also directly ask the engineer to do this and make sure they reference their notes whilst there. If we're going to go ahead with another visit I'll call you before hand to make sure we're singing from the same hymn sheet in relation to that.
With regards to the D-Link router just let us know how things go when you get a chance to try resetting it, we don't mind booking the next engineer visit in the meantime rather than waiting to do that first but we do need to make sure that you are aware of the potential pit-falls, i.e if the engineer finds out it's your router that's causing the issue a charge in excess of £100 can be levied. I'm not trying to say that this would happen but eliminating what you can at your side prior to a visit does help. If you want to book the engineer first just let me know via your ticket if you can when you're available either between 0800 and 1300 or 1300 to 1800 (mon-fri)
I noticed you mentioned about the banded profile on your line at the minute, just to make sure you are aware, unfortunately we don't have any control over setting these profiles (unlike our system that matches our profiles to IP profiles). Basically we'll be able to get this removed once the problem with the connection being intermittent has been sorted.
In answer to some of your questions mentioned in this thread:
I can see at one point you posted
Unbanded or the L&S?
It wasn't a clear question so I'm not sure what you mean as it didn't really sit in context so let me know if you can remember what you were wanting to ask.
Also you asked
Isn't the BT HHV2 just a thomson with a broadband chipset and an evil logo?

This depends on which version of the V2 it is there's a type A which is Thomson, this has a Broadcom chipset and a type B which is made by Gigaset, that one has a Texas Instruments chipset as far as I can tell.
Like I say, let me know if there's anything else we've missed and I'll address your ticket shortly. We're going to be putting all the focus we can on your fault to stop it from going on and on and on and on (yes I do remember that ad!)
My time off was OK thanks, some of it was spent helping my partner with an SFI engineer visit so you could say it was a bit of a busman's holiday but on the other hand I did learn a lot from the SFI and feel like I've gained some useful insight into how the engineers interact with customers.
As far as recording goes personally I don't use either, I use Sony SoundForge and Ableton Live although we're setting up a pro-tools rig in our practice space.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

First of all you replied whilst I was typing this response, this is where I am, replying to you Smiley

You could have said!  Roll_eyes
Hows things wit you today?

Witty apparently! Wink
Thanks for your reply to the ticket I will take a look at that ASAP and make sure all of your questions have been answered. With regards to any unanswered questions to your postings on here I've read back through the rest of the post and will try to cover those in this reply for you.

Thank you - very good of you, you can keep your wings! Smiley
Just to clarify something about the engineer visit, when you say they weren't there for two hours, I'm assuming by this you mean that they were there for less than two hours?

Uh huh!  Roll_eyes
If so do you have an idea for how long they might have been present for, this is so I can feed it back to our suppliers.

Our little one had just started his nap when BT arrived, he napped for less than an hour, about 45mins or so, then got up and had his lunch, so no more than an hour, no way was it two hours!
Have you been given a copy of the closed ticket yet?

Not a copy, but it is now viewable in the ticket office, web page thing support centre - you know what I mean!  Roll_eyes
Also with regards to an RF filter.....................

roger that!
........................to make sure we're singing from the same hymn sheet in relation to that.

Christian Rock now? Smiley
With regards to the D-Link router just let us know how things go when you get a chance to try resetting it,

I did, see above post, reset, working, and stats to prove it  Roll_eyes + comment about wireless performance. Reset button dodgy.
i.e if the engineer finds out it's your router that's causing the issue a charge in excess of £100 can be levied.

Whose router? Last I checked unless Plusnet have donated two thomsons and a d-link - they are yours, I guess we own 1 Thomson, and the Evil Hub V2 was from Evil Telecom, + they asked for  us to plug it in and use it! So we did!
I noticed you mentioned about the banded profile on your line at the minute, just to make sure you are aware, unfortunately we don't have any control over setting these profiles (unlike our system that matches our profiles to IP profiles). Basically we'll be able to get this removed once the problem with the connection being intermittent has been sorted.

Won't be holding my breath and doing an impersonation of a Smurf then  Wink

I can see at one point you posted
Unbanded or the L&S?
It wasn't a clear question so I'm not sure what you mean as it didn't really sit in context so let me know if you can remember what you were wanting to ask.

Adam!  Angry Look again, line went off - sync went up - remember hovering around dial up speed! Then connected up to high 2's and 3's. Hence the unbanded or L&S - that would explain it, if I was last banded at 1000k (see quote from Evil I mean BT SpeedTest) if that was a banded profile then an L&S or an unband would mean that I could sync higher. (note to self, answer own questions)  Wink Roll_eyes
Also you asked. Isn't the BT HHV2 just a thomson with a broadband chipset and an evil logo?

I did, you're right, I did ask. Smiley
This depends on which version of the V2 it is there's a type A which is Thomson, this has a Broadcom chipset and a type B which is made by Gigaset, that one has a Texas Instruments chipset as far as I can tell.

Broadcom - I dissasembled!  Smiley
We're going to be putting all the focus we can on your fault to stop it from going on and on and on and on (yes I do remember that ad!)

...and don't forget your focus needs multiplying else where to looking at the new threads!  Undecided
My time off was OK thanks, some of it was spent helping my partner with an SFI engineer visit so you could say it was a bit of a busman's holiday but on the other hand I did learn a lot from the SFI and feel like I've gained some useful insight into how the engineers interact with customers.

Good, however try a secret webcam - I'm sure other Plusnetters would say otherwise, I'll admit some have been nice - but ineffective, I to can plug a laptop into the line, ummmm and ahhhhh, and look at the sync speed!

............... we're setting up a pro-tools rig in our practice space.

Set one up myself just before our move, remember, power, memory and stick with XP - a MUCH more stable version, are you going M-powered? Just remember if you're going USB avoid latency issues, good cables, good kit comes first even if it means waiting a few months before the pennies can afford it, will save huge amounts of time later on! Good luck with it!
Undecided think that's it for this one - I shall sit and wait, oh, and reply to the ticket - almost forgot  Roll_eyes
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  one quote tag fixed - Edit by Ticntac - Thank Jim :)]
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

TicnTac,
Thanks for the thorough response. I want you to know that your ticket hasn't been forgotten I will be addressing this over the next 2 hours when I can.
Lets move things forwards here, can you let me know when you can be available for an engineer visit next week if possible, lets get this nailed.
...and don't forget your focus needs multiplying else where to looking at the new threads!

I'm not the only member of staff working on here and I've decided to take some ownership of your issue so I will apply focus where I see it's needed. I don't wish to come across as confrontational but gain-saying each others comments won't help resolve your issue here. So please don't think I was trying to pick apart your reply on my last post, I'm just trying to be thorough and help as much as I can here.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Thanks for the thorough response.

Pleasure!  Wink
can you let me know when you can be available for an engineer visit next week if possible, lets get this nailed.

I did via the ticket - just to be sure though, mon tues wed thur fri - see, make things very easy me Smiley Hammer?
I'm not the only member of staff working on here and I've decided to take some ownership of your issue so I will apply focus where I see it's needed.

At times it seems like it - the comment was aimed at the fact you were needed and applying yourself elsewhere with other, also important issues highlighted in the feedback forum, with other also important customers Smiley Not wanting to see yourself spread too thin, which I'm going to guess is a daily issue with the little band of Plusnet forum angels that float about here.
I don't wish to come across as confrontational but gain-saying each others comments won't help resolve your issue here.

I'm glad  Wink but not trying to "gain say" anything. My issue will resolve hopefully when the darkside of Plusnet (BT) gets things sorted and finds out the problem  Undecided hopefully  Smiley It is after all feedback co-specific to various topics around, no need to suffer in silence, and have had the same issues as others, was happily sharing Smiley
So please don't think I was trying to pick apart your reply on my last post, I'm just trying to be thorough and help as much as I can here.

Did you pick apart my last post?  Huh I wouldn't have a clue to a) which post b) what picking you did  Roll_eyes Grin You are being very trying though  Wink I'm joking, you are trying very hard and you are being very thorough, and it is much appreciated! As I said before, you can keep your wings Wink Wonder how much redbull gets consumed at Plusnet ? Roll_eyes
TicnTac
Grafter

The curse continues, did I mention I really really dislike BT?  Angry
Got bored....
Download speedachieved during the test was - 236 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 400-2000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1149 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 445 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1750 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 26.02:31.07:42.91 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.

....think it was because I got this sinking feeling...........I'm sure if my line could sing, it's chosen song would be Tubthumping by Chumbawumba - "I get knocked known, but I get up again............."
I do like this bit though
This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.

Really? You don't say!  Roll_eyes
So, the line is still banded then?  Undecided
Sync is really poor  Undecided
Possible fault still?  Undecided
Roll_eyes
I'm going to have a yogurt!  Lips_are_sealed
PS  Angry
Wink
---------------------
Just to update - got the 'ol D-Link starting handle out!  Roll_eyes
Download speedachieved during the test was - 245 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 200-1000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1149 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 445 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 16.22:23.22:60.56 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP. I do, I do  Wink
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

yo-yo land!  Roll_eyes
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Morning TicnTac,
We're in the process of logging a new fault report with our suppliers as the original one has timed out. Don't worry thought we will be referencing the previous fault report so this shouldn't be a set back at all. This means that I will request your engineer booking later today for you so please keep an eye out for updates.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

To confirm, the engineer visit has been booked for between 0800 and 1300 on this Wednesday morning the 8th of September.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team