cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Future of PlusNet is Under Review

cwaite
Rising Star

The Future of PlusNet is Under Review

Just seen this article which says PlusNet as a brand of its own could end, sad if it’s true.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/that-wont-do-plusnets-future-under-assessment

25 REPLIES 25
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: The Future of PlusNet is Under Review

Moved from Everything Else to Plusnet Feedback

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I don't think it's a surprise to anyone to learn that EE, Plusnet and BT are all competing for the same customers. 

In the near future we'll be able to communicate our strategy to ensure each of the three brands are doing what they do best, for the segment of the market they serve best.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

It has seemed obvious to me that it has been "under review" for several years. They have gradually been trimming all the legacy features - business support is something I'm surprised they've kept so far as they are not set up to support businesses (unless they have very simple requirements).

BTW I don't see why this topic is better in "Plusnet Feedback" than "Everything Else" as it isn't relating to feedback.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Reading between the lines, does this suggest Plusnet customer with mobile contract will be migrated to EE.

If you wish to keep your fixed phone number before PSTN switch-off, then affected Plusnet customers will be migrated to EE or BT.

Leaving Plusnet to offer just low cost broadband services going forward if brand is retained.....

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonoH wrote:

In the near future we'll be able to communicate our strategy to ensure each of the three brands are doing what they do best

I was trying to post a reply to this statement by asking - "so what exactly IS Plusnet doing best at ?"

and got the following error message which sums it up really !

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 10-29-31 Sorry - we're having a few technical issues Plusnet.png

JonoH
Hero

@bill888 wrote:

Reading between the lines, does this suggest Plusnet customer with mobile contract will be migrated to EE.

No, it does not.

@bill888 wrote:

Leaving Plusnet to offer just low cost broadband services going .

Our position is that of the groups value proposition, that is our strength and is the segment of the market we will be aiming for, but not just in broadband.

Jono H
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@JonoH wrote:

Our position is that of the groups value proposition, that is our strength and is the segment of the market we will be aiming for, but not just in broadband.

The group's value proposition - but without a social tariff? BT as the premium proposition aimed at business and government  is currently the only one with a social tariff. Looks like there is still some work to do...

IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Well we're hanging on as long as possible, as Plusnet gave us a fixed IP which we need at the moment.  I don't suppose they hand them out any longer, and none of the other large providers like BT do.  I asked BT if we could have a business account so that we could have one and the automaton said "no because you're not a business".  I would hate to be a customer of theirs and have to use their customer service people if something went wrong.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I don't suppose they hand them out any longer, 

You can still get a single static IP. It's £5 one-off fee on a residential account , free on a business account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

The direction of travel for Plusnet has been clear for some time. The legacy products are being retired one by one, the eventual outcome of which will be a slimmed down ISP offering basic Internet connectivity and voice services via the mobile platform.
The omission of voice services on the new full fibre product would seem to support this view.
In effect it would transition to a wires only service, which if delivered in a cost effective and reliable manner, could be a viable way forward to keep Plusnet as the BT value brand.
You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
billnotben
Community Veteran

When I log into BT now I see a section marked "Great prizes from the BT family" see great offers from BT, EE, and Plusnet.

I'm guessing it won't be long until Plusnet, along with EE, are just sections on the BT home page.

JonoH
Hero

@billnotben wrote:

I'm guessing it won't be long until Plusnet, along with EE, are just sections on the BT home page.

Nope.  I'll share more when I'm able but I can 100% assure you the plan isnt to merge PN and EE with BT under the BT banner

Jono H
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro

I got the impression they were going to reduce the overlap so each brand targets a different market.  But I still think that if anyone with a Plusnet residential fixed IP gives it up, it will be very hard to get one back as a residential customer after the changes are complete.