Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That wont do

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: That wont do

@Townman   Yep ... Can`t say I have heard the expression "That`ll do" meaning what PN is trying to project... in any part of Yokshure.   But.. I have been "exiled" for a long time.. so maybe it`s modern culture speak amongst the kids  ? ? ? ??  (

on the other hand.....  to quote a well  known prhase or saying....

"Give us time... and we`ll get there"   ...  ... ... ...  Embarrassed

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, and maybe going slightly 'off-topic', but where the blue blazes are the Help Team these days? I understand the restrictions around CV-19, but surely, given the size of PN Towers, there is room for at least a skeleton team.

Apart from Gandalf, Matthew Wheeler, Tinytcao and Mads making fleeting appearances I don't think I've seen anyone else, instead it is left to those of us customers who have a conscience, or desire to help, to try and salvage something from the wreck that used to be a thriving and useful source of information. I don't mind helping out if and when I can, but to have no PN back-up is making me think long and hard as to whether it is worth it.

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I do understand what you mean, however as I was saying to someone earlier today it is a very difficult time for all of us and we all have to adapt as best we can to these challenging times. So I understand people need the internet more than ever, (to work from home of course).

It is good that yourself are trying to help where you can, I try where I can too. However I am not taking sides here where this post may come across as I am defending PlusNet or saying customers are wrong. We're all human and the difficult decision is what is right?

I just hope the staff, their friends and family are all well. Including everyone on here of course. The long story of what I have been through is not forum friendly, put it that way. For me family comes first, (certain friends - the ones I haven't dropped) second and then work.

That sounds like I am being arrogant, but I don't mean it to come across that way.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

With respect @Alex , I understand that we have to adapt to this situation, but other companies and organisations I have dealt with who have a customer-facing web prescence have managed to at least restore some form of 'normality' to their web responses - including some ISPS - admittedly not quite normal service, but at least they haven't totally disappeared. As I see it, Plusnet management (if they have anything that can be realistically called that), have decided to shut up shop, which to my mind is disgraceful behaviour.

I assume, maybe wrongly, that 'FEEDBACK' is passed on to them, but they are too incompetent or cowardly to explain their action, or lack of.

John
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Fair enough @jab1 

I entirely understand that you feel PlusNet could do better, I've been lucky when I needed to use support. Which has only even been twice in the years I've been here.

Maybe this has caught them by surprise, and their DR (disaster recovery) plans need some improvement as this situation as clearly is one of those scenarios unfortunatly.