Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That dreadful loud music when we phone

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: That dreadful loud music when we phone

I note that MattyC has replied three times to this thread yet has failed to make any comment on the issue at hand...  Embarrassed
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Don't you think so? For clarity, I'm treating this as the issue:
Tell you what might improve things enormously, change the music and get your times down so we don't have to listed to the din for so long.

This issue comes up reasonably often and I've always maintained the same stance that it wouldn't be such an annoyance if the call queues were down.
It has been raised before (as you'll see from previous threads), but the emphasis is on the reduction of wait times in terms of priority.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Selective reading then,  I read the issue as
Can something be done about the dreadful music that we have to listen to for endless time periods when we try to contact you.
How about it being quieter or what about a choice at the touch of another key. You know the best way to help keep customers calm is with quiet gentle music and more often than not your customers are irate before they get hit with that draedful racket.

Getting the call queue time down is great but the emphasis of this thread is sort the bloomin' music out!  It doesn't matter how long the queuing time is - The music is deafening and needs to be altered.
How about an official PN comment about that?
Finguz
Grafter

How about no music at all? I'm sure we all have the necessary equipment to listen to our own music if we wish, so could we just remove the music altogether?
PembsPanther
Grafter

I would rather just an occasional reassuring beep then I am free to listen to or carry on whatever it is I am doing at the time I make the call, the music is just a distraction and in this case an obnoxious one Smiley
PembsPanther
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Quote from: PembsPanther
this is one of the many reasons why we still have an outdated network that is going to take years to bring up to scratch, too many dividends and not nearly enough re-investment over the years.

It might be worth having a look at this thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,147447.0.html

Indeed, I read through this earlier and applaud PN for this choice, I am not picking at PN you can only work with what OR and BT can provide I am mire criticisining the way BT has been run historically and their minimal re-investment in the network over the years which has now left us as a country with an embarrassing outdated network. I live in the middle of nowhere in Wales and on Friday I finally have fibre being activated, this really is only happening due to the Welsh assembly and the Superfast Cymru program, the Welsh Assembly has pured millions and millions into the program to make sure Wales has a good internet backbone, bravo Welsh Assembly Smiley
Sad though that as all it took in Wales was money to solve and roll out reasonably quickly. WIFI Hotspot tech is coming to my tiny village soon, 150mbps down and 100 up! £25 a month unlimited data! Not cheap to have installed though but still the speeds even compared to the best packages are imense.
My point is BT has literally left itself behind through greed and lack of ambition, they want to be thankful as a company that they have no serious competition as I think the future for them would be very uncertain, if they were even still around!
Caerefail
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@ PembsPanther
You're lucky! I live in the middle of nowhere (at least to most people) in Wales as well and we have been told that our village will NOT get fibre nor, as far as I can see, are there any plans to put any other arrangements in place, leaving us with just a satellite option if we want 'fast' broadband. We also have very limited mobile reception. As far as I am concerned, Superfast Cymru is a bit of a farce as you still only get it if there are enough people to help them reach their targets - there weren't enough here so we lost out  Angry
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I would agree: NO ONE enjoys having to endure awful music - I could supply some nice music if your'e interested, but it would cost you! ( but not everyone would like it so best to turn it off or at least down)
Anon
Pro

Not sure how Wales crept into this thread and I appreciate that PN want to get the call wait times down, WE ALL WANT THEM TO DO THAT, and that seems to be happening, but why can't PN change the music to something a bit calmer, as I said you often have irate customers and soothing music is much better, look at any study on it. And why can't  you turn the volume down, surely wityh all the computer junk you have and as a line provider you can mange that for us, so that however long or short (preferably) we do not have to endure ear splitting distorted music.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Caerefail
Rising Star

Sorry  :-[, just felt I needed to vent.
Anon
Pro

wales do that from their blow hole Wink
Caerefail
Rising Star

Oh dear!  Grin
Anon
Pro

So we are back to that dreadful loud music, despite being promised reduced call times. Would help if PN gave any other reasonable alternative to phone chate.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

How about giving customers the option of hold music or not when the call is answered (e.g. press 1 for hold music or 2 for no music etc).
Yes, I know there would be a technical challenge to make this happen, but isn't the customer always right? So giving them the choice should satisfy most people.
Even if the volume of the current music is reduced, there will still be plenty of people who don't want it at all or don't like the forced music selection.
I accept that reducing the wait times is extremely important, but that is a different issue. Also, we have been hearing that line for years with no significant improvement.
Choice of music or no music is the way forward.
Anon
Pro

but isn't the customer always right

LOL. Have you read the thread about the new forums and most customers not wanting what PN are saying will happen?