cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That dreadful loud music when we phone

Anon
Pro

That dreadful loud music when we phone

Can something be done about the dreadful music that we have to listen to for endless time periods when we try to contact you.
How about it being quieter or what about a choice at the touch of another key. You know the best way to help keep customers calm is with quiet gentle music and more often than not your customers are irate before they get hit with that draedful racket.
Tell you what might improve things enormously, change the music and get your times down so we don't have to listed to the din for so long.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
39 REPLIES 39
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: That dreadful loud music when we phone

Plusnet response in another thread:
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'm pushing back on this but please don't expect anything urgent as I can't promise that.
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Plusnet's music on hold could almost have been designed to be as annoying as possible ..
1. Music on hold is set much louder than speech, so volume level that makes the music remotely tolerable means you wouldn't be able to hear the agent when it's finally answered
2. Play loud jangly stuff at sufficiently high volume to be intrusive even when the handset is lying on the table
3. Switch occasionally to quieter tracks so that handset suddenly appears to go quiet, causing you to pick it up and say "hello .. hello"
4. Make some of the loud to quiet switches happen mid-song, again fooling the caller into hoping the call's been picked up
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Anon
Tell you what might improve things enormously, change the music and get your times down so we don't have to listed to the din for so long.

I'd prefer the latter.
Hopefully there's been a reduction in call queues as a lot of new staff have gone live recently. I notice that there's less mention of the queues on social media at the moment, but willing to be corrected on that.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
alegeek
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Hopefully there's been a reduction in call queues as a lot of new staff have gone live recently. I notice that there's less mention of the queues on social media at the moment, but willing to be corrected on that.

I called on Monday, I got through in under 1 minute.
I was actually surprised, I'd put my phone on speaker and went to make a cup of coffee expecting to be a while - I nearly killed myself diving across the room to grab my phone.
Can I claim compensation?  Cheesy
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nice one. As long as the coffee was fine, then I must reject the compensation request. Grin
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

This is a recurring theme.
How hard can it be to turn down the volume?  Roll_eyes
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
deathtrap
Grafter

The music as been played at levels so high it is distorted  at times , probably because they want you to hang up and not wait and have your ears tortured ,lol
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: deathtrap
The music as been played at levels so high it is distorted  at times

I suspect that's there phone system, codecs designed to optimise speech can give poor quality for music or other non-speech audio.
ferkemall
Dabbler

Then the 30minuet wait before the interrogation only to told its all your fault and their speeds are up to legal the requirement  !
stalkstalk
Grafter

The perfect classic music for PN's customer support line: Plusnet Trolololo
Just put that one song on repeat, as it seems very fitting?
Or if the waiting times increase, you could always use this modern extended version: Plusnet Nyan
And don't you go taking the credit for my awesome well coupled suggestions.
Anon
Pro

Do have to say in their favour that  today I also waited a very short time on the phone, the guy also was helpful, he contradicted everything I was told in late December so the guy in December had no idea what he was  talking about. Bit like a member of staff told me three of months ago I needed a MAC code to leave.
Perhaps that old saying might be true
"When they were good they were very very good and when they were bad they were awful"
Trouble is one can never tell at the time which it is going to be. Bit like my line intermittently drops, some times good mostly awful.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

the music seems to be turned off. I just phoned tech support. A short recorded annoucenment but No Wait  and no music! Instant repsonse. Keep up the good work !
PembsPanther
Grafter

The music is awful and to be fair has been for a long long time and still nothing is done about it, a very crappy way to greet customers and does not give a great impression from the outset.
The thing I dislike the most though is the blood curdling annoying announcement that says something along the lines of:
" We are sorry for making you wait............" when clearly they are not sorry at all as if they were I would not be waiting in the first place!
In PN's defense waiting times do seem to be coming down slowly however I see from your marketing you are still buying customers with cashback offers, employing and training staff AFTER you have an influx of new customers is narrow minded to say the least.
However part of the BT stable now so the fat cat shareholders dividends will ALWAYS come first, this is one of the many reasons why we still have an outdated network that is going to take years to bring up to scratch, too many dividends and not nearly enough re-investment over the years.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: PembsPanther
this is one of the many reasons why we still have an outdated network that is going to take years to bring up to scratch, too many dividends and not nearly enough re-investment over the years.

It might be worth having a look at this thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,147447.0.html