cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the support provided in this forum!!!

hiyajac

Thanks for the support provided in this forum!!!

I am very disappointed with Plusnet customer support. My broadband line has down for 12 days and yet this fault has not been resolved.
I am a new customer here, line activated on 12/11/2009. I barely use it for 6 days, and my BT landline has down due to exchange problem on 19/11/2009. BT has restored my phone line issue very quickly but since then, Plusnet was not able to restore my broadband service.
From initially calling everyday to check for update, until now I am totally lost faith in Plusnet. In most of the calls they just gave the same reason "need to wait for 24/48 hours to do testing". The first call I made they will tell me it's not yet 24 hour. Ok, so I waited for another day. The next call after 48 hours, the customer support just briefly guided me to configure again the router with my username and password and try to make the connection. Obviously the connection still fail and the customer support told me the same thing - they will need further testing/investigation. And then again I was entering into the loop of "waiting 24/48 hours". Apparently the customer support doesn't not understand my problem at all! I know my username and password. And I don’t need to waste 48 hours waiting just for the instruction on how to connect the modem to internet! This make me very frustrated!
After few rounds of "waiting 24/48 hour", FINALLY they realise it’s not my configuration problem and escalated my issue to their broadband supplier, which is BT. And now it's worst, I need to wait for "48-72 hour". The first round of "72 hour" has passed and not progress made. No one update me of anything although they said "We will monitor this and update you ASAP". I have to chase the issue myself and seems that now I have to wait for another round of "72 hours" because "Fault closed with BT, re-raised" - this is what they posted to answer my question for update.
I am not sure when my broadband service will be restored. I am totally frustrated to the Plusnet so call “24/7 support” and don’t even bother to call them asking for update which in turn will make me upset because of the same excuse given. I am very regret to sign up their broadband service. My first month with Plusnet will pass very soon and the next month billing is coming soon, and I only barely use it for 6 days!!
If any of you need to investigate, my case Id is 30841391.
12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Worst customer support!!!

Looks like a bit of a run around hiyajac and a nightmare. Hope it gets picked up here soon.
I know it doesn't help but welcome to the forum anyway Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Looking at your fault we have an update from BT, they've found a fault and want to send an engineer out. Can you please advise when you're available (appt times are 8-1.30 and 1.30-6)? We can then arrange this for you.
hiyajac

Thanks for the reply. My wife is always stay at home. You can schedule the BT engineer asap from Wednesday (02/12/2009) onwards. Please let me know the expected appointment date.
[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]
Mand
Grafter

An engineer will be visiting the exchange tomorrow (as that's where the problem lies).
hiyajac

My wife will be stay at home tomorrow all day, just in case the engineer need to visit my place.
Mand
Grafter

Hopefully we can get it sorted for you then. Smiley
hiyajac

Hi, may I know what is the outcome of the BT engineer visit to exchange today?
Just realised my past 14 days broadband usage is all zero due to this broadband fault! I had subscribed the Plusnet Premium package and now it's the 3rd week of billing month but yet I didnt use even 10% of if it.
Is there any compensation for this if the problem still cannot be resolved?
Please resolve my broadband issue asap. This really bring a lot of troublesome without Internet at home for 2 weeks already.  Undecided
hiyajac

My broadband fault has been resolved now. Thanks for this forum  :). I think it's much more effective than the internal Help Assistant 'My Question'.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Thanks for the support provided in this forum!!!

Have they given you any compensation for the down time (the usual was to shift the billing date back by a number of days)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear things are sorted. Smiley
We don't offer compensation for faults as a matter of course, but rather look at each case individually.
However as you're currently on a promotional offer I won't be able to apply any credits for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can't you extend the promotion for a month?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Sadly not.
When we apply refunds for faults it's usually because of a problem our side, or where we have a case against BTw. This does not apply in this case.