cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for all the fish (Bob Pullen moving on)

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Thanks for all the fish (Bob Pullen moving on)

Bob recently posted the following on Usenet plusnet.service.customer-feedback:
[quote=Thanks for all the fish]Afternoon all,
Judging from recent posts, it seems that my absence from these parts of late hasn't gone unnoticed?
There's a reason for that which I wanted to share with you guys:
There's been a fairly significant change in my role at Plusnet (of which there have been a few over the years!).
An opportunity has arisen for me to try my hand over in Plusnet's Business Unit as their 'Business Propositions Lead', a role which involves a healthy dose of project/improvement oriented work (amongst other things). I'm looking forward to the challenge and see it as a great opportunity to further develop myself. It's a seconded role (six months) after which I'll be in a position to accept a permanent position (or not as the case may be).
What it does mean though, is that I'll be taking a step back from the world of 'Digital Care'. Whilst I'm rarely as active as others on our own forums/Twitter/Facebook etc., I do spend quite a lot of time on the more obscure communities, lurking in Usenet or trawling the wider Internet for mentions of the Plusnet brand. This sort of stuff, and some of the other things I did behind the scenes, I aim to leave in the capable hands of the team I leave behind.
I do, and always will, feel very strongly about the Plusnet brand and I'm very proud of what the team has collectively achieved over the years. I have genuine faith in Plusnet's products and services and it always disappoints me to read of examples where we've let a customer down.
I'd be lying if I said my patience hadn't been tried to its absolute limits at times (mostly outside of this newsgroup, you'll be pleased to hear), however it all  pales in significance compared to the the occasional gratitude, sense of achievement and real feeling that I've been able to 'make a difference' in shaping the quality of service we provide and perception of Plusnet as a brand.
So I guess that's it really. Thanks for being a considerate bunch over the years, and don't worry  - this is a farewell, not a goodbye! I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll still be sticking my head above the parapet from time to time. Mainly to make sure you folk aren't being neglected
--
|Bob Pullen                   Broadband Solutions for
|Support                            Home & Business @
|Plusnet Plc.                            www.plus.net

Good luck Bob in your new role. You will be missed around here - we could always rely on you to get your teeth in to the more technical issues.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
16 REPLIES 16
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Thanks for all the fish (Bob Pullen moving on)

Good luck Bob Smiley Hopefully I'll send a few customers your way on the business side.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

When I was casting around for a different ISP in 2008, one of the things that swayed it for me was the fact that Plusnet had a strong presence on Usenet's 'uk.broadband' and 'plusnet.service.customer-feedback' groups.
You've been a brilliant ambassador for Plusnet, Bob, and I wish you well in your new role. Don't forget your towel.  Wink
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Wishing you well Bob.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Thanks for everything you've done Bob, good luck in you're new position.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What worries me is how the rest of the Digital Care team are going to manage without the copious supply of tea and coffee!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

All the best Bob in your new venture.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

All the best Bob & many thanks for your invaluable assistance.
syates
Grafter

Hope the job meets up to your expectations!  All the best for the future.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Thanks for all you've done Bob.  Good luck in your new role Smiley
chuckster
Grafter

All the best Bob!  Enjoy your new challenges!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: jelv
What worries me is how the rest of the Digital Care team are going to manage without the copious supply of tea and coffee!

I think we can cope without's Bob's yearly cuppa.
As you've all probably noticed, Chris Pettitt has been more active on the forums recently, that's because he's stepped over to fill the space left by Bob on a 6 month secondment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob for all your help over the years !.  Cool

I hope in your new role, that you will be able to continue your "can do" approach to problem solving -
"Can we fix it - YES WE CAN !"
Wink
grahamt
Rising Star

Echoed from me. Thanks, Bob, for the help you've given me from time to time and for the help I've seen you give to others.
Graham
Apprentice
Grafter

Bob I hope you enjoy your time within the Business Unit, you'll be a breath of fresh air to them  Grin
Thanks for your help over at Madasafish in the early days and since and cheers for the free p&p on that Thompson router many years ago  Tongue
It's good to see that the wireless range of the routers supplied now are just as poor as they were back then  Grin