cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks, cbmarshall, here's a purse of monies; which we're *still* not giving you

Chrism2
Grafter

Thanks, cbmarshall, here's a purse of monies; which we're *still* not giving you

After the last annoyances with referral payments, I thought maybe PN would start looking after their valued referrers. Er, no.
I do a lot for you chaps, not just recommending your service, but installing it, troubleshooting it and dealing with account issues, too. For the meagre offerings I get for my trouble, it would be nice if you actually paid me.
I believe you owe me £60 in referral payments back dated three or four months.
I don't want a cheque; they're a pain in the arse. You have my bank details, please sort this. It's getting very silly.
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Thanks, cbmarshall, here's a purse of monies; which we're *still* not giving you

I do a lot for you chaps, not just recommending your service, but installing it, troubleshooting it and dealing with account issues, too. For the meagre offerings I get for my trouble, it would be nice if you actually paid me.

For all of which we are genuinely eternally grateful.
We are not and never will withhold your referrals from you without good reason, neither are we doing this deliberately. There is an open problem which is under investigation and we need this to be fixed before you can be given what you are due.
I fully understand your frustration here but we can't sort this straight away I'm afraid.
I'm off to find details of the problem I mentioned now and get this as much attention as I can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Re: Thanks, cbmarshall, here's a purse of monies; which we're *still* not giving you

65717, is the ID of the problem. We are speaking with our development team now to get this some additional priority. I'll keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If raised a problem id for my personal accounting system does that mean I can defer making payments to Plusnet indefinitely?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chrism2
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
65717, is the ID of the problem. We are speaking with our development team now to get this some additional priority. I'll keep you posted.

This seems to be a bit of a legacy problem; so I'm not holding out much hope of a rapid response.
I would like to know when I'm going to be paid though.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

This seems to be a bit of a legacy problem; so I'm not holding out much hope of a rapid response.

As mentioned we are chasing this for you today to get extra priority.
I would like to know when I'm going to be paid though.

I understand and I wish I could tell you, this all depends on when this is fixed, I'm off to do more chasing and I can't reassure you enough that I am on the case with this today.
I'll come back to you when I have more news.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just a quick update to say that we have managed to raise the priority of this issue now. This means that additional development resourced will be assigned to fixing the issue.
Where as this still means I can't give you a firm date I will make a point of keeping you posted each step of the way.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Surely there is a significant business / legal issue here to do with paying an acknowledged debt and the fixing of a SYSTEM problem which is causing the underlying problem to exist?

• Why not an ad hoc payment to solve this and any other extant claim whilst the 'bug' is fixed?

• What would the Plusnet reaction be to a customer claiming that a similar 'bug' in their payments system meant that they were unable to pay their monthly invoice 'for a while'?

Business is after all a two way process?
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Why not an ad hoc payment to solve this and any other extant claim whilst the 'bug' is fixed?

I can assure you that has been thought of and would have been done a while back when the issue became apparent if we could have done it.
Business is after all a two way process?

True, the reasons why we do is to reward loyalty and referrals and in the case of any customers affected by problem 65717 they will get what has already been promised to them.
I am sorry this seems to be an issue for a handful of customers but as mentioned a solution is on the way.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

FYI we're seeing whether we can sort any outstanding refunds on an individual basis whilst the problem is being resolved. This may or may not be possible but we'll let you know asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately we've not been able to get this refund back to you yet. I have personally been working on some different ways to do this today
I'd like to reassure you that further priority to this is being given to this by our development team. I'll come back to you on Monday with another update.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chrism2
Grafter

MauriceC hit it in the head, really, when he wrote, "Business is a two way process".
It needs to work for both sides and to be honest, it's not working for me any more.
I'm happy enough with the technical product, but the referral program, to be honest, is not doing it for me. Adam, you say that this issue is only affecting a handful of people. My understanding of the issue is that you can only apply referral discounts to the broadband element of a bill; and when free broadband allowances get thrown into the mix it all goes a bit Pete Tong.
Would I be right in thinking there are not many people referring 30+ people? Statistics on this would be interesting,
It's besides the point, really - the mechanism should be there. In my opinion, beyond a certain number of referrals, it would be nice to see a bigger offering from PlusNet - not less.
I.e: Higher rewards / support.
As things stand - I think it's time to look elsewhere; which is a shame - there's nothing wrong with the product. (Quite the opposite). I just don't appreciate it so much I'll do your sales work for you for nothing.
phil4
Grafter

Got to say, this whole issues astounds me.
Much as I like PN, their normal service, and especially their staff, I'm simply gobsmacked, that someone there can't just get their checkbook out, make a BACS payment, what ever.
I appreciate that a a technical fix may be needed going forward, but surely a manual workaround is a doddle?  (It obviously isn't, otherwise you'd have done it, I think my point is.... there should be).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,
Glad to say I'm back with more of a positive update.
Chrism2,
We've now been able to process 2 separate refunds which total the amount we owe you. These should reach your account within 7 days from today. Further details are listed on ticket 42650943 for you.
Would I be right in thinking there are not many people referring 30+ people? Statistics on this would be interesting

We can't state that I'm afraid but rest assured that anyone else affected is being given priority as you have.
Moving forward problem 65717 is being worked on and should no longer affect any other customers in the future.
Thanks for your patience in this matter.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team