Did you mean: 

Thanks but I'm off.

sunwheel
Dabbler

Re: Thanks but I'm off.

Cheers, Joanne.
I did; and:
"Error
Sorry, An error occured whilst processing your request.
The error has been recorded and our website team will investigate. Please try again later."
No worries.  I'm not going to be put off by a minor website issue ... As you've gathered, I didn't want to leave plusnet but was desperate to wash my hands of any future dealings with BT.
Adie:quote
It's just rather amusing, that's all.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, sorry, I'll get that sorted.
sabayon
Grafter

Quote from: sunwheel

No worries.  I'm not going to be put off by a minor website issue ... As you've gathered, I didn't want to leave plusnet but was desperate to wash my hands of any future dealings with BT.

That saves me from the moral dilemma of  "Should I tell you why I left Virgin for Plusnet?" Smiley
sunwheel
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
Ok, sorry, I'll get that sorted.

Cheers.
Turns out I'm not off after all.  Let's hear it for internet forums!
sunwheel
Dabbler

Quote from: sabayon
Quote from: sunwheel

That saves me from the moral dilemma of  "Should I tell you why I left Virgin for Plusnet?" Smiley

Tell!  It might come in useful at a later date...
sabayon
Grafter

I always hesitate to get involved in the "use this ISP and stay away from that ISP" discussions as they are so subjective and very dependant on area (even cable). But here goes:
What I hadn't realized about cable - and it was my fault for not researching properly - was that the fibre optic doesn't normally extend to the home but just to a cabinet somewhere and then it's coaxial cable from there to the home. My Virgin connection collapsed more frequently than my old ADSL one did and, occasionally, the phone went off as well. Contacting Virgin in such circumstances was a nightmare as there was no way to "raise a ticket" (even using mobile broadband). Fault reporting had to be done by phone with very long queues and very, very expensive as I had to use my mobile to phone an 0845 number. Sad  Virgin is, primarily, a content seller and the rest is co-incidental to that.
I have had many ISPs - from Demon in 1995 to my present Plusnet one and they have all had problems. Plusnet is not perfect but I'm content with it for the time being and it's the fastest connection I've ever had. It's also considerably cheaper than Virgin.
sunwheel
Dabbler

Cheers sabayon.
We're having another bad day here .... I'll let you know if things improve when the phoneline transfer is done.