cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for the good service, but it's time to part ways...

FIXED
HojoNorem
Grafter

Thank you for the good service, but it's time to part ways...

Because after over a decade of near faultless technical service in both ADSL and FTTP from Plusnet, the experience to be had from the administration side has left much to be desired.

As shown in the thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Failed-Bill-Bad-Redirects-Connection-Issues/td-p/15... , others and myself has be repeatedly hit with this problem where PN's payment system will just refuse to allow manual payment after a failed billing and a lot if not all of the member centre breaking down.  A thread that's two years old now nearly.

The first time this happened I was lucky to keep my account active.  Now I'm not too confident and as I'm on FTTP, getting that back may be impossible if my line is disconnected.  Time to move to another FTTP provider...

I appreciate @Townman 's efforts in trying to reach the bottom of the situation and wish him luck in this endeavour.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Thank you for the good service, but it's time to part ways...

Fix

Thanks for your post @HojoNorem 

I'm sorry for the issues with your bills and you've decided to leave us. 

Having checked this with a colleague from our billing team, unfortunately your account's affected by an issue where an outstanding balance hasn't fully failed across all our systems so there's no button to take a payment. 

These situations normally resolve themselves on the following bill date, with the bill adding on top of the next bill, in the meantime your service shouldn't get restricted or account closed as the final day of our failed payment process is day 49, the next bill date being before this happens.

I apologise again for the issues and wish you all the best with your new provider moving forward. We'll generate your final bill within 20 days after your FTTP service moving to your new provider.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HojoNorem
Grafter

@Gandalf wrote:

Having checked this with a colleague from our billing team, unfortunately your account's affected by an issue where an outstanding balance hasn't fully failed across all our systems so there's no button to take a payment. 

These situations normally resolve themselves on the following bill date, with the bill adding on top of the next bill, in the meantime your service shouldn't get restricted or account closed as the final day of our failed payment process is day 49, the next bill date being before this happens.

If an PN agent had said this on the phone or as a ticket reply then I would have just shrugged my shoulders and let it be without having to worry.

Instead, I am told this after I start the process to migrate to another ISP and on a public forum after announcing that I'm leaving and why.  Thanks for clarifying things for me @Gandalf , but I just have to wonder why during the other times I have contacted PN staff by phone or the ticket system they couldn't provide me with that little bit of information that you have just done so now.

It would have at least helped to retain me as a paying customer.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @HojoNorem 

I suspect there may have been a knowledge gap with the adviser(s) you've spoken with so I'll make sure some feedback's sent. With regards to the timing of my post, it was just co-incidence (and evidently unfortunate) I picked this up after you started the migration process away. Sorry again for the experience you've had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet