cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank-you, cbmarshall. Here's a bag of gold...which we're not going to give you.

Chrism2
Grafter

Thank-you, cbmarshall. Here's a bag of gold...which we're not going to give you.

I read with some level of disinterest that the marketing chaps at PlusNet are running a new promotion.  Shocked
Well, shoot, give me the script. I'm all ears. Turns out this month, it's good old M&S vouchers. In time for Christmas too....
My initial reaction, was, oh ****, I signed up a customer today and I didn't know about this. See, although I got a cheeky little PlusNet Pro account out when the Dabs vouchers were "on offer"; I also got a couple of referrals during the "Free 3 months promotion" a month later - the main difference between the two promos being that one was automagically applied to the referee and the other only applied on entering a magic-secret-small-print-code into a magic-minuscule(and IMO non-existent) "voucher box".
Where am I going with this? Well me old muckers, I went looking for said magic-voucher box this time "just in case". And it weren't there, I tell you. All good, thought I - and pressed onward - making sure my username <cbmarshall> if you must know, was in the relevant box. No worries. Then I discover the promotion this evening..... panic sets in as I read the small print.... could this too be automagically applied or do I need a secret code??? The suspense is killing me! Will I get £20 of the Queen's own Sparky vouchers in time for turkey at Christmas? (Incidentally, had I known about the promo, I might have "sold-up"...opportunity missed my marketing friends.)
Well, you know, who knows. Because I don't. In fact, if I hadn't applied some amount of pressure on the Question system, I wouldn't know if I was due Dabs vouchers, six months of glorious unfettered internet in all it's broad glory or for that fact, the afore-mentioned turkey and underpants vouchers.
Would it kill you, PlusNet, with all your bells, whistles, Clever Open Source things to make your lives easier, uSwitch Certificates of Greatness and majestically selective and picky email spamming systems to actually send me an email congratulating me on my successful job of selling your wonderful service to another member of the human race? You could put such things as "Thanks, cbmarshall, you top chum, you!", "You're saving us a Liberian-Deficit scaled £££'s in marketing and sales with your hard work, here - would you like to star in our next Halifax inspired advert holding a dog?", and of course, "Here's 50p a month for your efforts, big man - you're Aberdonian so we know it'll go a long way".
And then, after making me feel totally great, you can PS: "Oh, hey! You're getting some free stuff too! We've just posted it.... Susan in Marketing licked the stamps herself and posted the envelope in her lunch hour, you lucky chap...."
Look, we all know (and if you don't, you should) that the referral scheme is a bit broken right now. (I hate to think how it affects those on a LOT of referrals - I'm on, what? £11 worth a month? So I'm not going to paint my face blue and shout "freedom". (Yet)  So please add the above suggestions to your potential "future developments".
Consistency would be good, when it comes to paying the masses for their recommendations. Lordy, you chaps have no consistency. Vouchers one week, free broadband the next, special codes for this one, all under-wraps for the next. How many referrals does a gent need to get before you sit up and take notice that they might be going out of their way to recommend PlusNet. (I.e. What we call in the comms business, a dealer. Believe me - 22 referrals in 13 months - I'm not even trying here; PlusNet is a means to an end; that of cheap broadband for the customer so I can sell other stuff.). When I asked your support line if you had any kind of "dealer" support, the agent when away to speak to a supervisor and came back with the conclusion that I am a raving lunatic. The upshot of that is that if I can sell a more premium service from a provider who does give me dealer support, I'll do it. It's probably worth the extra support and extra pounds.
Anyway, in the interim, how about delivering on the promotions you have already run and sending me the vouchers and broadband discounts I'm due. Tomorrow's good for me. Until then, I'll hold fire on getting excited about buying my wife a new St Michael brassiere.

P.S - For your next promotion, why not simply credit us a slightly smaller amount of cash instead of these vouchers...

14 REPLIES 14
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Thank-you, cbmarshall. Here's a bag of gold...which we're not going to give you.

Well I get e-mails to my postmaster in box telling me about these offers, have you stopped promotional e-mails, if so dont blame Plusnet
see below
Oh and I liked your posting to
Chrism2
Grafter

Re: Thank-you, cbmarshall. Here's a bag of gold...which we're not going to give you.

That's just it... some I get, some I don't get. (Hence the picky emails comment).
This might be because I quite often put myself down as the email contact for my customer accounts (certainly for the initial set up stage) - as muggins here does the legwork. I do wonder if, at some point (despite taking care to the contrary), I have not chosen the option to "flood my mailbox with marketing goodies". This wouldn't explain my receiving them from time to time.
Even if PlusNet put some "current deals" info on the Referrals section, that would do - I'm logging into that pretty much twice a week.
I do, of course, take responsibility for my own stupidity. I know I'm stupid; I'd just like it if PlusNet could accommodate my (very human) stupidity a little more given I recommend them so much. As such, the weather vane of blame shall continue to point clearly in their direction. (In short, make the process simpler; more transparent, more rewarding, more rapid).
adie:quote
pierre_pierre
Grafter

one of the troubles is that the special offers dont appear on the normal page, you have to put in a code at the end of the URL
That mail list was thge sum total of the PN flooding over a 2 month period, not excessive in my mind, better than missing news letters (That recently have been useless)
TicnTac
Grafter

What a great post!  Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another M&S e-mail today
Link to a peculiar page  http://www.plus.net/refer
the copied one went to a different page this is the one from the e-mail http://www.plus.net/residential/awards.shtml?WT.mc_id=ec_int_201010_MS1&link=refer_landing
Mand
Grafter

I reckon that original post is worth an M&S voucher anyway, just for making me laugh on a Tuesday. Smiley
Might see if I can persuade 'Susan' to send you one. Wink
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: Mand
I reckon that original post is worth an M&S voucher...

Seconded.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Whgy not - it was a good story
Chrism2
Grafter

Apparently my case has been moved to the priority pool...
Cheesy
Though that was two days ago, so I guess I might get a bit wrinkly waiting for a response...
Mand contacted me separately today; I've replied - once she's got back to me I'll post my comments to the thread as I do feel they might be of value to the community.
TicnTac
Grafter

Mand contacted me separately today; I've replied - once he's got back to me I'll post my comments to the thread as I do feel they might be of value to the community.

ummmm, something we don't know about Mand?  Shocked I was expecting to see "once she's got back to me........"
Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

And it is Just Mand, never put a y or you wont get any goodies
Mand
Grafter

It's definitely Mand, and I'm definitely a she.
Huh
PM replied to. Smiley
Chrism2
Grafter

Ahh, whoops.
Have not been here so long as to know.  Embarrassed
My apologies.
Chrism2
Grafter

Okay... in the absence of any kind of meaningful response from Plusnet explaining where the mysterious Dabs vouchers have gone... has anyone successfully received any at all?
It frustrates me no end that there is no system in place for stuff like this. Poor show.