Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Plusnet for letting me down

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thank you Plusnet for letting me down

I recently helped my mother in law to change her contract as she was on a legacy account. We agreed with the agent on an 18 month fixed price contract with unlimited broadband, discounted by £10.99 per month. The first bill since the change does not include the discount.

I assured my mother in law that the change would not cause her any hassle. She had an email confirming the deal agreed with the agent.

My mother in law has mild cognitive impairment. This bill error has now distressed her as it is something she has to sort out, which makes her condition worse.

Why cannot Plusnet get something as straightforward as a product change implemented correctly, without causing more problems for its customers and increasing the burden on support staff to correct the error.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Thank you Plusnet for letting me down

It is not the product change that is the problem - although they can sometimes cause a hiccup - but rather the abysmal 'new' account system which to me appears to have been written and implemented so badly that I am left with the distinct impression that BT, as the parent company, wish to kill the Plusnet brand.

The fact that these myriad errors have been allowed to continue for so long indicates that there is no desire to resolve them - any organisation which relies on a steady cash-flow to survive, and all businesses do, should ensure it's accounting system is efficient, and if and when it fails, make every effort to resolve the issues, which is demonstrably not happening here, despite what the support staff have been told to say.

Sorry to hijack your post, @maranello , and I sincerely hope someone can help you, the current situation is not acceptable.

John
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @maranello

We are sorry to hear you feel this way and can completely understand your frustration. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

Please PM me the account username in question so i can look into it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro

I've helped my MIL to get it sorted using Chat. But the issue is that if left on her own to deal with it, given her condition she would probably be too anxious and just carry on overpaying. I very much doubt that Plusnet would be proactive enough to  find the over billing and correct it without being prompted. 

Chat worked OK, I think we managed to get in early enough to get through straight away. In his response the agent admitted the problem was due to the new billing system 'affecting a small proportion of accounts', but up until this point in time having changed her package she had not had any billing issues. It appears that the billing issue in her case at least is due to agreed discounts not being applied.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@maranello Glad you appear to have it sorted, but I would still keep my eye on things, I'm not convinced the accounting system is really fit for purpose.

Sorry if that sounds a bit negative, but I've seen these things being claimed as 'sorted', only for the following invoice to prove otherwise.

John
maranello
Pro

@jab1  Thanks for the advice, I fully intend to keep an eye on the account.

@Beyhive I'll send the account name via pm, as there is still an issue to resolve. Thanks for offering to help.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @maranello,

We would still like you to send over her details so that we can investigate and take ownership of any further work that is required to resolve the issue. Can you send the username to me directly if you haven't already sent it to my colleague?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro

PM sent to @Beyhive  with account name included. Do you need any additional details?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you @maranello I have reviewed the account and very much would like to personally make sure this is resolved for you. I have created a ticket here advising my proposed plan of action moving forward.

Can you also look at the form here and fill it in to make sure she is receiving the correct level of care from us.

If you have any further concerns or queries on this, please respond to the ticket directly and I will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro

@SammyM 

Thank you for your help. We have replied to the ticket, and updated the form as suggested

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you for getting back to me @maranello. I will carry out the actions I have listed in my ticket and keep you updated there.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team