Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible website to navigate around

Surfer
Grafter

Re: Terrible website to navigate around

@Anotherone wrote:

I don't think any of use would disagree with you about how difficult it can be to navigate around Crazy2
Also, I would suggest you consider the options very carefully. There is little to gain from paying line rental ahead for one year now (price differences are small) and it is an extra tie-in separate from any Broadband package contract length (which may or may not include phone)

Thanks as been thinking along those lines also.  According to Moneysavingexpert Post Office is now the lowest annual line rental.

Surfer
Grafter

BTW Plusnet advertise Broadband only packages starting at £12.49 plus line rental however unless you have line rental you cannot have Broadband.  Can you have broadband without the line rental element?  Surely the package should be advertised as £28.99 inclusive as that is the approximate amount with the line rental? 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As usual the comparison sites don't give all the options and in this case miss out on the cheapest ones

Post Office £16 per month standard but that includes free weekend calls and very cheap evening calls 1p per minute plus 15.5p connection charge http://www.postoffice.co.uk/home-phone

Pulse8 £13 per month and low call charges 1p per minute daytime as an example with no connection fees https://pulse8broadband.co.uk/line-packages

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Surfer wrote:

Can you have broadband without the line rental element?

You certainly used to be able to, and Plusnet were one of the few providers that do do that (hence the £2.50 pm reduction if you take line rental). Without looking that must still be the case if they advertise the reduction in Broadband cost if you take Line rental. But sometimes you can still save money by looking at all the options - which can be vary significantly dependent on your particular phone usage patterns.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

According to Moneysavingexpert Post Office is now the lowest annual line rental

Also I would be careful when looking at phone providers as some (like the Post Office) are on LLU which will affect your choice of Broadband supplier.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
wintrip

Now 2020 and website is just as bad.

I have been with Plusnet for 7 years but am now looking to change for the simple reason that THE WEBSITE IS SO BAD.

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@wintrip wrote:

Now 2020 and website is just as bad.

I have been with Plusnet for 7 years but am now looking to change for the simple reason that THE WEBSITE IS SO BAD.

Yes, although that's a small issue to base your choice of ISP on.

I've just been wading through the website to find an answer to a simple question, "am I still in or out of contract?". No obvious way of working this out so I dive into my stack of saved emails to find a billing reminder. I can see what the monthly charge is, and it's the same as the product offer for a new contract. So  I go to the 'terms and conditions' link and really this is Alice through the Looking Glass stuff! Impossible to find a clear statement on the minimum period of a contract and any personalised detail on what the current state of my account/contract is. This really could do with some work to make the useful stuff more visible and personal to my situation, and not confuse me by talking about general cases and stuff not applicable to me! If we got into a dispute I would hate to argue a case based on interpretation of these t's and c's!

ecl6mcj

It looks like Plusnet can't even design web pages properly.

Just been changing my Call Features and discovered that the web page has no scroll bar! The only way to see the whole page is to reduce its magnification nearly to the point of being unreadable. Thought it might be a Firefox issue but the same problem arises in MS-Edge.

As others have commented the website is poor and now it appears not even designed to be used.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I've just been wading through the website to find an answer to a simple question, "am I still in or out of contract?". No obvious way of working this out 

@mechanic123  when you login to the member centre, the home page shows 'My products' and 'My contract'.

If you are still in a minimum term contract then it will show the end date (and start I think) of the contract period. If you are no longer in a minimum contract period then you are effectively in the 30 day rolling contract and no dates will be shown , just the contract type e.g Unlimited Fibre

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

@ecl6mcj wrote:

Just been changing my Call Features and discovered that the web page has no scroll bar!

@jaread83 

Hi Jack,

Why does that page have the overflow on the body content hidden?

<body class="pn-mc-body" style="overflow: hidden;">

Are the PHONE pages developed in a different 'space' for they do not look quite the same as the rest of the user portal.

The HTML in other parts of that arena also look a little odd - https://www.plus.net/member-centre/phone and https://www.plus.net/member-centre/product-change

<body class="pn-mc-body" style="">

They both look as though the style attribute values have been removed completely whilst leaving an empty attribute.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.