cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service to new customer - left without connection for nearly a week.

domwidd86

Terrible service to new customer - left without connection for nearly a week.

I have been due to transfer from Sky to Plus next on 19.08. No one contacted me to tell me there was a problem. Sky cut my service on 19.08. No internet and no phone line is now working. I have contacted Plus net about 5 times since, and have been told they were contacting 'suppliers' as the 'system' had not recognised that it was ready to go. I have now received a text message telling me that due to suppliers have a high volume of work and a lack of resources that I won't have an engineer to 'look at the issue' until 25.08 and that I should check back on 26.08. I need the internet and phone to work and now I am basically left stranded. Do you plan on paying my mobile phone bill for the data I am using due to having to tether off it? Absolutely shocking. I may as well have stayed with Sky.
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Terrible service to new customer - left without connection for nearly a week.

Really sorry to hear of this delay.
I've left a response on the Ticket on your account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: Terrible service to new customer - left without connection for nearly a week.

Harrumph :(.
That's straight from the BT_Care script for public forum responses. It follows the one that says "Never explain a problem in public in case it shows us at fault. Hide everything you can".
I wonder what level of management it comes from ... looks at the top of the pile and checks previous employment.
(Not blaming you Harry. I know you have little option).
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks for taking the time to write to us.
Firstly, I would like to apologise that we were not able to inform you of the delays on your order prior to you contacting us to chase this up. We were not actually notified of any delays until roughly 11:30pm on the date of the expected transfer and unfortunately due to current work stacks at the moment we were not able to pick up this response and notify you prior to you calling us.
I do also apologise for any confusion caused by you being advised that this was just a case of systems not realising the service was ready, this was not correct.
On the day of the expected transfer, I understand your previous provider will have stopped their services as expected, however our suppliers have now advised that they did not have enough resource to carry out the necessary frames work at the exchange on time. As previously mentioned, we were not actually notified of this issue until very late on the day the transfer should have gone ahead.
Having now spoke to our suppliers, we have been advised they have scheduled this for the work to be carried out as soon as possible to get you online and unfortunately this is around the 25th. Our suppliers have stated that the reason for this is due to high priority jobs that they are currently carrying out (This is usually business services/emergency fault resolution).
We have tried to escalate this when we contacted out suppliers earlier today, unfortunately it has not been possible to improve on the date given to us by our suppliers.
I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delay you are currently experiencing and I thank you for your patience with this matter.
Kind regards,
Harry Beesley

Ctrl+C Ctrl+V straight from the ticket  Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
LM25

Well all I can say is "good luck".  We had the same problem when we joined PlusNet three years ago .... frustrated and given differing reasons we were left without a 'phone line for nine days (with no guarantee from PlusNet that we would EVER get it back (!) and then they "forgot" the broadband connection so that took a further five days to connect that.  Needless to say I was very unimpressed with Customer Services (they then managed to lose my first mailed letter of complaint) and although the technical help team has thereafter has been very good that initial bad experience meant that I could not and would not ever recommend PlusNet to anyone.  Now that all the PlusNet prices are going up I looked to see if as an existing customer I could get a better deal; none was offered online and when I 'phoned I was offered a £3 reduction if I took an eighteen month contract ... but was told that another department may be able to give me more.  I then endured almost unbearable "music" for twenty minutes before I got to speak to someone.  I am afraid I have now had enough and am returning to my previous provider where I will be paying half the cost of PlusNet and will getting unlimited broadband.  As usual nowadays, customer loyalty counts for nothing and it is most unlikely that I will ever return to PlusNet again .....