cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible experience for a new customer-Rubbish Service!

rogc
Dabbler

Terrible experience for a new customer-Rubbish Service!

Signed up to an unlimited fibre package on 27th October, money taken and told install would take place on 13th November.  I've had zero communications from Plusnet so today 11 November I enquired by phone how my order was proceeding. Well , thanks to some foul up it wasn't proceeding, and despite me paying over £150 on 27 October and being assured  that the engineer would install on 13th Nov it transpires NOTHING was booked in and today on the phone I have had to rebook a new order!!!
What a complete shambles. My date has been booked again for 20th November but I am not confident things will go smoothly.
There was no apology forthcoming, I arranged for a day at home for the engineers visit  and now shall have to arrange another.
If this is how Plusnet run the business I fear I have made a grave mistake in signing up. If this is not delivered by 20th I shall be cancelling the order and sticking with what I have. 
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Terrible experience for a new customer-Rubbish Service!

Hi rogc,
Really sorry about that. I've checked on the order for you and it's definitely been placed with the appointment booked in for the morning of the 20th. We'll check again later on this week and update you then to be double sure, but as things stand all is looking good.
I hope we recover from this and convince you that all is good, please do let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
rogc
Dabbler

Well its now the morning of 20th November. I have received no correspondence from Plusnet since the response to my last post in this forum. Its 1100 am and I am waiting for the BT engineer but somehow get the feeling this is not going to happen since the appointment was between 0800 and 1300.
I tried phoning Plusnet and am held in a very long queue. If this engineer doesn't show today I will be cut off from my current provider so things better happen. I read I have to wait until two hours after appointment time has elapsed before I can report a no show but this really is not good enough.
I would have expected some confirmation from Plusnet that the engineer would be arriving today. I' paid out over £150 on 27th October am am still waiting for  a  service.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi rogc,
I can see that as per Ticket: 77045056 and the text message that was sent back on 11/11/2013 that the engineer was and still is booked to visit your premises this morning between 8am-1pm. I can see from our suppliers systems that this is still showing as going ahead. Please let us know if the engineer does not show for any reason and we'll chase that up for you.
Rich62

Unfortunately I have to agree with the complaint. I very very rarely complain but after my customer support phone calls this morning then I have to. I placed an order with Plusnet to change suppliers and to upgrade to fibre in October. Great I thought, being in the countryside with the nearest house a mile away I thought I would come back in to the 21st century. Oh dear oh dear. The 1st date I was given was great, beginning of November and I was off work that day. Unfortunately I had to go into hospital for an operation so we cancelled that appointment and made a new one., good stuff as I would be off work sick so I would be home. Then while in hospital had a phone call saying the engineer was unable to gain access, what!!! we cancelled and made a new date (should have known then things werent right). Then had a phone call to say sorry, but they had cocked up the order as they had it as a New Build and a full install, "No I said we are just changing suppliers as you are WHICH recommended. "Oh, sorry for the mistake but we will have to give you an new date", "OK I said, I am off work for 2 months following an operation". Right the new date is the 19/11/13. (nearly a month after placing the order and PAYING). The morning of the 19 (yesterday) had a phone call to say sorry but there is a problem with your internet connection and it is going to take  7 to 10 days to order (what!!!!) her in doors isnt going to be happy and her EBay shop down. But its OK sir comes reply your phone will be completed today, Thats good then as its disconnected now. It will be working by 6pm Sir,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sometime later,,,,,    Oh sorry sir its now could take till 2030 tonight to connect,,,,,  sometime later again,,,,,,, well hopefully sir it will be working by midnight if not we will ring you back in the morning........ This morning (20/11/13) still no phone line, mobile, we have a problem with our suppliers your phone will be on by 1800 and your internet 5 to 7 days., Not a happy bunny. Si I phoned Plusnet to ask whats going on, Oh sorry Sir, suppliers problems, Your phone will be by 1800", "are you sure" I said I was told that yesterday and 1800 turned out to be 2030 and then midnight, Well actually SIR it can take up to 24 HOURS..........  OK now is the time to loose the plot. Its now Midday and NOTHING, Oh well only another 12 hours to wait before the 21st.  Plusnett    we will do your head in,  sorry I meant proud. End of Rant ,,,,    for now
Rich62

Whoo hoo, hello world!!,  now have a phone line  :D.  Now I wonder how long for the internet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Rich62,
Sorry for the initial mix up, anything you've paid for your services while you haven't had an active line will be refunded. Our provisioning team will place an order to broadband up and running and we'll confirm this with you.
Catstycam

Similar problem here, ordered on 29 Oct, paid 12 months line rental up front, for  start date of 22 Nov, called today as I hadn't heard anything and was told the order hadn't been activated "due to an oversight" seems these "oversights" are all to common reading on the forums. So now another week to wait before activation... Hope it all happens then.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Catstycam,
Sorry to hear that's being activated later than you anticipated. I've checked and can see everything is on track to complete on the 29th.
Let us know how you get on.