cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone support hours changing at Plusnet

mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Telephone support hours changing at Plusnet

Just to clarify... he said that during the "new" call time periods when busy business support will step in to help with demand if possible Correct??
AndyH
Grafter

Yes...I would be surprised if they didn't do this already as it seems logical.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Yes me too... But! of what use is that to me if I don't have the time to discuss 4 months worth of issues and not to mention sit for five minutes saying, "I've done ... yeah and that ... Yep... "
So once again Plusnet have given me MORE misleading information!  Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: mlmclaren
According to Nic on the Plusnet Chat (Yep, Finally got through on it) Business support will be picking up our support calls after hours.
Nic: ........... our business team will be moving to a 24/7 service so would be able to pick up any calls that are made outside these hours ....

Well that's as clear as mud to me Shocked  So I think we'll wait for Tony's clarification and answers to our questions.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I thought reply #58 from Chris made it very clear
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Tony is getting answers to most of the questions in this thread, but to clarify that residential Plusnet calls will not be taken after 10pm from the 13th July.

how many residential customers have been contacted about this major change of terms of service?
AndyH
Grafter

No terms have been changed.
mlmclaren
Grafter

OK Then... Well changes made to our service... which is covered under the terms and conditions..
g1000
Grafter

I can confirm that 24/7 support is a contractual agreement written in Plusnet's T&Cs:
What we provide
The service we agree to give you comprises:
- a high-speed network access to the internet that is delivered over a Plusnet or BT compatible telephone line;
- helpdesk services; and
- any other applications and features as described at www.plus.net/broadband

So, helpdesk services are a contractual agreement. And 24/7 support is a contractual agreement since it is a prominent feature described even to this day at www.plus.net/broadband - see the big graphic and text under "Included in all our packages". This is also where the T&Cs agree the speeds of the service, unlimited downloads and so on.
I suggest people make copies and archives of the webpage ASAP.
Changing the features described on the webpage would definitely constitute a change to the T&Cs mid-contract. Plusnet plainly believe 24/7 support is a material advantage to customers, so removing it in such a significant manner must be a material disadvantage to customers.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: AndyH
No terms have been changed.

As g1000 as demonstrated, withdrawing the 24/7 support IS a change to the T&Cs. Please confirm that you accept this and edit your post accordingly.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Actually it isn't
Contractually they have to provide a help desk but it doesn't say anything about 24/7
AndyH
Grafter

Not really as there are no specific T&Cs about the level of support. It would be very different if the T&Cs stated that telephone support is provided 24/7.
Advertisements don't form part of the T&Cs. As this is a service product rather than a physical good, your protection under consumer law is somewhat limited in terms of misleading advertising.  
There are many things you could argue that are of 'material detriment', but in the eyes of OFCOM it ultimately comes down to price increases or something which results in an additional cost - http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/gc9/statement/guidance.pdf
You could argue that the loss of the ticketing system is of material detriment to those people that used this as their primary source of support. Equally, you could also argue that Plusnet's marketing and growth drives have resulted in a lower level of service (support response times/network issues) to existing customers which is of material detriment to them. However, neither of these would be view of material detriment by OFCOM.
alext05
Grafter

Oldjim, what g1000 is saying is this:
T&C say :
The service we agree to give you comprises:
- bla bla bla;
- bla bla bla; and
- any other applications and features as described at www.plus.net/broadband
If you visit the link now you will see this prominently staring in one's face:
UK-based customer support 24/7
Day or night, 365 days a year, our award-winning customer support team are on hand if you need help.

A connection then easily made between the two.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Whilst i agree to some degree with Oldjim , if you are constantly advertising something as a key part of a package ( to get people to sign up ), before, and after sign up , then remove that very key part of the package, then in my mind that is a detrimental change.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Oldjim
Actually it isn't
Contractually they have to provide a help desk but it doesn't say anything about 24/7

What part of g1000's post do you not understand/disagree with?
See the first attachment for a screen grab of the T&Cs. It totally unambiguously states that the service provided includes applications and features as stated in the product descriptions found at http://www.plus.net/broadband
The layout varies a little depending on the product selected, but they all have something along the lines of the second attachment.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)