cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone customer service - worst I've come across

iarsnoo
Grafter

Telephone customer service - worst I've come across

I was really annoyed when I got an email from you recently, proclaiming that "We're really proud our customers are so happy with Plusnet that we lead the market when it comes to customer satisfaction". I did register an oral complaint with you at the time of the undernoted incident, but have decided to follow it up in writing.
On the morning of 18 June, workmen accidentally severed the phone cable serving several households - including mine. Quick and easy to report this to Plusnet, I thought. So I phoned the customer service number at about 10.55am. It took 15 to 20 minutes for someone to answer. I was told that my call would have to be transferred to someone else. It took a further 15 to 20 minutes for the second person to answer. It is quite unacceptable for someone to have to wait 30 to 40 minutes to get to speak to someone to report a simple fault. This is a performance which ranks with the very worst instances quoted by Which? magazine in their general surveys of customer service.
Your comments would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Telephone customer service - worst I've come across

Hi there iarsnoo,
I'm really sorry that it took you so long to get through to the right person (it sounds like you initially got through to the wrong department). We are aware that our call queues have been quite high of late, however we are working to bring these down, including changing our opening hours to make sure that we're here when you need us most. Looking at your account, it looks like the fault has since been rectified, which I'm pleased to see. Once again, I am very sorry for the experience that you've had.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

There's little point in complaining. The PN telephone call handling system will inevitably produce real time statistics on the call queue time. PN Management are aware of the problem. One or more PN executives will have taken the decision that extended Help Desk call queue times are acceptable in relation to the fees paid for the service. It is possible to shorten queue times to just a couple of seconds, you just need adequate resources (skilled people) in place to handle peak loads.
Edit: In fact I'm quite prepared to visit PN's offices and show them, Pro Bono, how to fix the problems of extended call queue.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
iarsnoo
Grafter

Thanks for comments.
Interesting point from Cat Elliott - "it sounds like you initially got through to the wrong department". My fault or yours? The only number I have is 0800 432 0200.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It'd depend upon the options pressed on our IVR system. Sorry that it took you so long to get through.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet