cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician No-Show for installation - Message for Mr Paul Summers

jarowatkins

Technician No-Show for installation - Message for Mr Paul Summers

Dear Mr Summers

I write to complain in the strongest terms about the failure to connect my broadband at the agreed date and time.

My installation was confirmed for yesterday and I therefore arranged for my family to be at home all day to allow the technician access to complete the installation. No-one called at the house (my family were at home next to the front door) and I received no phone call advising of a delay or cancellation to my service.

The most infuriating aspect of this case is that, according to your customer service staff, the technician has noted on your system that he attended the house at 1pm and tried to call. This did not happen. Either he went to the wrong address or, even worse, he lied in his report. I have three witnesses and phone log records to prove this.

The outcome of this situation is that I have no internet connection and can not do any work from home. I do not accept being allocated the next normally available slot (some time next week has been given to me) as if there was no fault on your part. I expect your contractor to make special efforts to honour the contract.

Whilst your customer services team have tried to help me, extending me courtesy and understanding whilst I waited on the phone for over 30 minutes, the outcome so far is unacceptable. I expect that:

i) You raise a request to your technician contractors to work the necessary overtime to install the broadband this evening or early tomorrow morning at the latest
ii) You investigate and effect a resolution to the the root cause of the defect in your process so that this fault does not happen to other customers - I have happy to provide any evidence should it be a disciplinary matter with your contractor.

I require broadband within the next 24 hours and expect that you have the authority and capability to make this happen.

Yours sincereley

6 REPLIES 6
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Technician No-Show for installation - Message for Mr Paul Summers

Who the h**l is Paul Summers - does he work for Plusnet/Openretch or BT Retail ?
Posting the rant on this forum won't get anything done! Hopefully you have actuallyposted a written complaint to this gentleman!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear that you've had this experience yesterday. I'm going to take a look through this and see what steps we can take to get this resolved APSP.
If I'm honest getting an engineer out within the next 24 hours isn't something that we can just simply arrange, I will let you know what we can do as soon as I've been through your account and also raised this with our suppliers.
I'll be in-touch shortly.
NedLudd
Grafter

Quote from: davidj60
Who the h**l is Paul Summers - does he work for Plusnet/Openretch or BT Retail ?
Posting the rant on this forum won't get anything done! Hopefully you have actuallyposted a written complaint to this gentleman!

See http://careers.plus.net/meet-the-team/
Geoff,
York.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Our provisioning team are arranging an expedite for your order.
We've updated your ticket #72022053 with the details on this. I'll be checking on this tomorrow to make sure we've made the necessary progress with your order.
lewisskinner
Hooked

Quote from: davidj60

Paul Summers is the Customer Experience & Operations Director
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Just a quick update to say that I've just picked up on this issue and I've requested that our provisioning team deal with chasing up the fibre order ASAP for you. I'll make sure we get in touch ASAP when an order has been confirmed so an appointment can be arranged.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team