Did you mean: 

Talktalk to PN - asbestos at exchange

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Talktalk to PN - asbestos at exchange

Ticket number #95498978
In the process of transferring a line from Talktalk (LLU) to PN, this was a SIM provide that was meant to complete 28/29 November
Now the reason for the delay is that OR , have  found asbestos at the exchange, and obviously no work can be carried out at the exchange , until this is dealt with.
After over a week nothing appears to have progressed at all, been given the same info from PN, that they need to check back with OR in a week, no time scale for this to be resolved. Which in the meantime keeps the customer in limbo, i would expect after over week, some sort of estimated  time scale would be given
You would think give what has been found, and that the exchange serves just over 10,000 line (according to Samknows), progress would have been made .
Its the most bizarre issue for a delay i have ever heard , as anyone come across this type of issue before ?
Is is possible some one from CRT , can find out any more meaningful information please ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2 REPLIES 2
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Talktalk to PN - asbestos at exchange

Hi Mike.
Though the situation may seen odd (to say the least) - It's true.
At the moment, we are aware of the Gainsborough Sunnydale Way Exchange being closed until 31/01/2015 due to asbestos.
If a line connected to that exchange has already been enabled, this won't/shouldn't be affected.
If a line has/develops a fault or if a new order is placed to supply/transfer a service, then no action can be taken at the exchange until at least 31/01/2015. Because of this, there is most likely going to be a backlog in fixing these issues.
As the building won't be safe for engineers/contractors to enter, it has been temporarily closed on the grounds of health and safety.
I'm unsure of the exact date the exchange was closed however the review date for this is the end of January.
As far as we are aware, it is just this exchange that has been affected however, if the health and safety is at risk of any engineers in any exchange, they can be closed on a temporary basis until they're fit for purpose.
Sorry to break the bad news and I know this isn't great, especially at this time of year. If there was anything any provider could do to work around this, we would.
Shout up if you have any questions about this.
Alex
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Talktalk to PN - asbestos at exchange

Quote from: alexdevine
Hi Mike.
At the moment, we are aware of the Gainsborough Sunnydale Way Exchange being closed until 31/01/2015 due to asbestos.

Hi Alex,
Many Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Seems like a total lack of communication here, as OR have been telling PN (as you can see on the ticket) to check back in a week ( twice this has happened) , when it is clear from your above comments, waiting a week won't make an difference.
It so frustrating when the correct information is not been given, how long has PN known about this Alex?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.