cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TL;DR Left Plusnet; charged cessation fee; poor service as non customer; angry man.

jms198

TL;DR Left Plusnet; charged cessation fee; poor service as non customer; angry man.

I signed up to SSE for their fibre offer at the end of July.

Plusnet support. Wed 10/08,

Your broadband and phone service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 31st August 2016 and will result in the cancellation of all your Plusnet services.

OK it seems to be going through.

Charges for removing broadband from your line

When would I have to pay it?

You'd only need to pay the charge if the broadband service is being taken off your phone line. Typical reasons for this are:

• the phone line that your broadband's on has been cut off

• you cancel your broadband account without switching to another provider

• you switch to a provider who uses their own network (like a cable provider)

• you move to a provider who uses their own equipment in your exchange (often called Local Loop Unbundling)

If any of these happen, you'll need to pay the charge, even if the minimum term of your contract is over.

The good news is, there's no charge if you move to another broadband service that also uses a BT line for its network.”

After “transfering” to close time and I have been charged the fee. I inquire; 10 days later a reply arrives saying SSE use their own network. I queried this as to why on the Daisy communications network they use BT wholesale and a BT engineer installed an infinity face plate.

Two weeks later (today) my acccount is closed and I have been given two fingers telling me to put in a complaint.

Thank you for your recent contact and my apologies on the delay in responding. All I can tell you is that our provider has applied the cease fee on this transfer, unfortunately then we pass that on to the customers account we have been charged for. I can see that you have now paid your final fees so I will proceed in closing your account. If you feel you would like to take this matter forward then you might want to raise an official complaint. The process is detailed in the link below. Thank you “

I assume based on a cease order the conditions are no longer applicable and you have to wait and see when you actually leave.

So no Plusnet; thank you for opening my eyes and showing some truly appalling service. I have been a customer for at least 8 years and have even recommended you to friends and family. However; from now on I will only provide negative feedback based on my experiences to anyone looking for a ISP.

2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: TL;DR Left Plusnet; charged cessation fee; poor service as non customer; angry man.

SSE aka Daisy use LLU where it is available and that is most exchanges

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: TL;DR Left Plusnet; charged cessation fee; poor service as non customer; angry man.

on a side note.
i enquired about SSE fibre and was told that it's only available to SSE energy customers.
so they go the two fingers from me