cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEN WEEKS of broken promises (Update: fixed!)

richij
Grafter

TEN WEEKS of broken promises (Update: fixed!)

Could someone from the DCT please review ticket 63959199?
I've resisted moaning in public up to now, but the failure to fix what should be a simple hot-VP swap is staggering. What with that and the other broken promises I've suffered, I wish I'd never heard of Plusnet.
Just now, I've added a suggested alternative resolution to the ticket, but I guess it'll need someone in the DCT to authorise it.
Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: TEN WEEKS of broken promises (Plusnet DCT please help)

Hi richij,
I am really, so sorry about that way this fault has been handled. There is absolutely no excuse for the lack of Customer Focus here. I have made the Fault Team Managers aware of this Fault Ticket in particular.
If you are happy for me to do so, I am going to take personal ownership of this ticket and take some time to read through it thoroughly. Once I've done that (shouldn't take me any longer than 30 minutes) I can propose an action plan so we can get this issue resolved for you.
I am honestly bitterly disappointed with how this has been handled and it really isn't how we usually approach faults generally.
I would be more than happy to give you a call at your convenience if you would like to discuss anything in particular further.
richij
Grafter

Thanks. PM sent.
richij
Grafter

Update for the record: Chris is doing his best to turn the situation around.
FedupwithPlusNe

Actually it is *exactly* how PlusNet approach faults, in my experience.  Gonna be overtaken for competence even by TalkTalk soon...

> I am honestly bitterly disappointed with how this has been handled and it really isn't how we usually approach faults generally.
richij
Grafter

I had a long conversation with Chris yesterday about all the ways that faults process failed in my case. I heard a what I think was a genuine desire to learn from mistakes made and to do something about what I guess may be a systemic problem.
I won't go into the proposed resolution, but I will update this thread once the fault is fixed.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I can assure you, from experience, that Chris is an extremely genuine chap and will do his utmost to get your issue resolved.
@FedupwithPlusNet
You are sadly mistaken if you believe that's the way Plusnet normally approach faults.
richij
Grafter

Re: TEN WEEKS of broken promises (Update: fixed?)

Update: I think the problems are finally fixed. I'll continue to monitor for a few days.
And, yes, Chris has been brilliant.
richij
Grafter

Update 3: looks like the fault is fixed. Thanks again to Chris for his efforts.
As others have pointed out in threads passim, Plusnet has an ongoing problem with ticket ownership, followup, and its dire working relationship with BT Wholesale. I'd love to see improvement in these areas.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And wouldn't we all  Wink and glad you seem to have your problem fixed.