cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Sky FTTC to Plusnet FTTC - Feedback

OllyM
Grafter

Switching from Sky FTTC to Plusnet FTTC - Feedback

I recently switched from Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre and just wanted to give some feedback on the process.
Everything went perfectly and I had no downtime at all but a few parts of the process were a bit strange and could cause confusion:
When I went through the sign-up process I was told that I'd be assigned a new telephone number which didn't particularly bother me - I very rarely use the landline anyway. However it turned out that Plusnet managed to port my Sky number, something which I'd read elsewhere wasn't possible so that was handy. Perhaps you should change the message shown during the order process if it's now possible?
Also, I was told that an engineer would attend on the changeover day and as expected it was done remotely so nobody actually turned up. I arranged to work from home just in case as you warn of a £50 charge for a failed engineer visit but if it's not required why say that it is?
I also got a text saying that the connection would be activated 'by midnight' on the day after the expected migration date which is just wrong?
Other than that the connection seems fine, very similar to Sky really but with the benefit of being cheaper and having a static IP.
Finally I've read about your customer service being stretched at the moment but I submitted a ticket on Tuesday at 8am to get the rDNS changed on my IP and it still hasn't been picked up 4 days later which isn't great... Just as well I don't have any issues!
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Switching from Sky FTTC to Plusnet FTTC - Feedback

Hi there and thanks for the feedback,
When I went through the sign-up process I was told that I'd be assigned a new telephone number which didn't particularly bother me - I very rarely use the landline anyway. However it turned out that Plusnet managed to port my Sky number, something which I'd read elsewhere wasn't possible so that was handy. Perhaps you should change the message shown during the order process if it's now possible?

AFAIK, I believed the message we set at signup is that number ports aren't always possible but I'll see if that's something I'm able to check on.
Also, I was told that an engineer would attend on the changeover day and as expected it was done remotely so nobody actually turned up. I arranged to work from home just in case as you warn of a £50 charge for a failed engineer visit but if it's not required why say that it is?

Sorry about that, I've passed on some feedback for the agent that updated the ticket as we gave the wrong message there.
Finally I've read about your customer service being stretched at the moment but I submitted a ticket on Tuesday at 8am to get the rDNS changed on my IP and it still hasn't been picked up 4 days later which isn't great... Just as well I don't have any issues!

I can see that's been picked up now, sorry about the wait all the same. We're working hard to pull our response times back at the moment and we're hoping to see some improvement over the coming weeks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team