cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Sky - Not overly impressed so far!

BikerPa
Grafter

Switch from Sky - Not overly impressed so far!

Well as Sky can't offer me fixed IP or fibre using anything but their useless router, we ordered fibre & phone from PN.
2 days ago ie. a day before switch day Sky cut both landline & BB..ok fine
Yesterday (switch day) landline connected about lunchtime..ok fine.
Today the fibre engineer turned up having rung my mobile as couldn't find us, I missed the call due to poor reception, and tried to ring him from landline but DEAD..'Not so good'. Sad
Needless to say the fibre modem etc thankfully was installed, and BB up and running....Good (speed better than expected) Cool
BUT landline still dead & engineer couldn't do anything about it as he's not BT Openreach but a sub-contractor. In fact he said he got no dial tone from the street cabinet??! Huh
Tried ringing support from mobile but we are in such a rural poor reception area there is no way I am managing to keep an ope line for 30-45 mins!!!
Lodged a support ticket WOW 30+ hrs before response  Angry
Sky may have poor hardware but have very good Customer service, in fact when we had a line fault a few years ago we had a BT openreach engineer on site 24hr after making a call to CS which was answered on the 4th ring, getting through to an adviser straight away.
I have to say I am not overly impressed as my partner is 'On Call' and having to go outside to make calls on the mobile in the bloomin awfull rain!
Come on PN surely a landline switch is easy, and basic customer service/support should be better/faster than this in this day and age!
Let's face it Sky managed it  Cry
12 REPLIES 12
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Re: Switch from Sky - Not overly impressed so far!

All I can say is you landed lucky with Sky customer services. I had no telephone service for 10+days, because the "did a line test and it passed." I eventually had to contact the executive support team to get an engineer out who diagnosed a line fault within a minute of being on site. I found their call centre staff rude, abusive and patronising by turns. My phone calls, which had to be made from a mobile, were allegedly not recorded on their systems, which meant there was no record of the fault being reported. (even though they could tell me when the line tests were done) So, if there is no record of my phone calls, do they run line tests at random???
The line fault was the straw that broke the camel's back, and I left after only 2 months. 2 months where I had hassle every single day. 2 months where I was given 2 £30 refunds and 1 £11.50 refund, plus 6 months half price line rental. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's more than I was paying them.
They couldn't even get my cancellation right.
BikerPa
Grafter

Well IME Sky CS were always fine & curteous & we only once had to wait about 10-15mins to at least speak to them.
We had 2 line faults with them (2-3 days without land line & BB) in 3 years, and the CS teams could be nothing but helpful, getting engineers out rapidly within 24 hours in both cases after line tests. Only not solved due to the careless Openreach engineer that came 1st time.
My point is Sky switched without a hitch, & 'are' contactable IME, even if they aren't perfect, no one ever can be!
Hell even Virgin manged to switch us (without a hitch) from BT before Sky got us.
Surely as switches happen more regularly now they should be able to get it right.
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Quote from: BikerPa
My point is Sky switched without a hitch, & 'are' contactable
I'm glad you had a better experience with them than I did.
I was kept waiting for over 20 minutes before being able to talk to a person. Requested call-back on mobile - never happened. Turns out they were trying to phone my landline, which wasn't working. The same one that passed the line tests.
On live chat, I was asked to plug a phone into the test socket. After doing so, I was met with, "Well aren't we quite the engineer today?" Yes, I saved the transcript and sent it to Executive Support Team.
I hope they get your fault sorted quickly.
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Maybe try sticking a post in the Home Phone section too, or look for members of the digi care team being on-line and send a PM. I have found them to be really quick to respond and extremely helpful, even with my dum-dum questions.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is probably the best place for attention although it may be Monday before it is picked up
BikerPa
Grafter

I posted a support ticket, and about 11pm last night having left my mobile on the charger in the conservatory "On hold' I spoke to CS after being on hold for about 55mins.
Line test failed externally (unsurprisingly) BT Openreach informed... estimated fix Tuesday. Then they want me to ring them to tell them it's fixed  Huh I won't be waiting 30-60 mins on hold to do that!
CS believed that we might have a crossed line as although fails test, if you dial the number you get the ans service..
Ho Hum let's wait and see, just hope when they fix the landline they don't muck up the fibre BB connection Roll_eyes
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi BikerPa,
Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had after transferring your phone service over to us. I have had a look at your account and I can see that the work is ongoing to resolve your fault.
We're aware the wait times are long at the moment and we are working on reducing them by opening up the new contact centre in Leeds and training new staff. Apologies that you had to wait for so long when you contacted us. I would advise that you comment on ticket 81318359 on your account to advise us if the fault's been fixed tomorrow instead of calling us. Our faults team will be checking back on your account after the scheduled resolution date and will see any comments you make on the ticket.
Hopefully the fault will be cleared for you tomorrow.
BikerPa
Grafter

Phone line working again this morning thankfully.
I have posted this on the support ticket as requested.
I do hope your new Leeds CS centre is up and running soon, & call wait times fall significantly.
As overall the switch was nowhere near as smooth as we have experienced in the past, which doesn't exactly help you with new customer referrals.
Regards
Mike
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks for letting us know that your phone line is working again, Mike.
We'll take your feedback on board - we understand that things are far from perfect, but we're committed to make sure we make improvements to ensure that things do get put right. Your feedback is important within that process and I'll get the feedback passed on to the relevant department.
BikerPa
Grafter

There was some mention of pro-rata compensation for the loss of service by the CS asst I spoke to on the phone on Friday night, is this the case?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've popped you an update on Ticket 81318359.
BikerPa
Grafter

Many thanks Chris  Wink