cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended services

Sarah83
Hooked

Suspended services

My account has been closed down thanks to Plusnet and their incompetence! I have now had to open a brand new account! I was told this morning that everything will be up and running within 24 hours only be to be told Might have to wait 7 days! This is disgusting to say the least. All because your poor system doesn’t work and I am now without a phone line, tv and broadband!!!
16 REPLIES 16
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Suspended services

Thanks for getting in touch @Sarah83.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened.

I can see we placed the order today to activate your phone line which has completed this afternoon. We just need to wait for our supplier's records to update before we can place the order to get your broadband back up and running and then we'll get your TV  sorted as well.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sarah83
Hooked

Yes your correct my phone line has been switched on but that does not count for anything as I’m without tv and broadband for 5 days! This is 100% Plusnet fault, none of your systems talk to each other, had they, I would of been informed that this was going to happen instead of waking up this morning to nothing! It is totally unacceptable. I’m having to wait for 5 days for it to be completed, I have two teenagers and it’s the 6 weeks holidays!!!
Sarah83
Hooked

This is what I woke up to.
“Your account has been ceased”
There has been a marker on my file for weeks which no body picked up on, instead it’s been left till my account has been closed down even though my bill is paid every month and has been since going Plusnet.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in  a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm really sorry to see your account was closed in error, we've provided feedback to the appropriate people regarding this.

I can see we've placed an order for standard broadband to get you online sooner however I've cancelled this order, because having discussed this with @MatthewWheeler it appears that the physical fibre equipment is all still in place.

While we'd receive a completion date for your fibre order of 5 to 10 working days into the future, once the fibre order is confirmed in the supplier system, your service should simply start working through your old account until your new account is active when the order has been completed.

As soon as the order for standard broadband is cancelled we'll place it as fibre for you. Once we've confirmed the completion date, if you can't get online straight away then I'd recommend carrying out a factory reset of your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds. If that doesn't work, I'd follow the below steps:

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Advanced Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is on the back of the router
5. Click on 'OK'
6. Click on 'Continue to Advanced Settings'
7. Click on 'Broadband'
8. Click on 'Disconnect' if necessary
9. Enter your broadband username, which is in the format of yourprevioususername@plusdsl.net
10. Enter your broadband password, which is your previous account password
11. Click on 'Connect'

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sarah83
Hooked

I really hope you have t bloody cancelled it!!! I wanted that broadband has it was going to take quicker to come on then go to fibre once it was switched on!!!! Idiots! I’m phoning now!
Sarah83
Hooked

What right do you have to cancel this before discussing it with me first?? We agreed yesterday that this would be the fastest way on getting my broadband on by going with standard then going to fibre once it was switched on. I’m ringing now and I’m finding out who you are! And putting one massive complaint in!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear this.

As per my previous response it'll potentially be quicker to get you on fibre as the physical equipment is in place.

In addition if we did progress down the standard broadband route there's a likely chance that the service won't work following that as the fibre equipment is in place, so we'd need to arrange an engineer visit on the back of a fault investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sarah83
Hooked

Once again what right do you have to do this without disguising it with me first? It was agreed with the provision team that this was the fastest way as it will take up to 5 days and you have gone and cancelled it without phoning me!!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

While I appreciate that this would've caused further delays with a. getting your fibre service up and running and b. your TV service up and running, because you need a fibre service to be able to have YouView through us.

[edit]

As part our Customer Advocates department, the social media team are now taking ownership of this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sarah83
Hooked

Have you actually took the time to read my thread?? I’m ALREADY a Plusnet customer! I woke up yesterday to find my devices were suspended, to get me up and running again I had to open a brand new account! I already have ALL the equipment as I’m ALREADY a CUSTOMER, to make it quicker a standard broadband was ordered then fibre once I was up and running and you’ve gone and cancelled that order without a phone call! This is why it’s happens in the first place as there is no COMMUNICATION! I have rang and waiting for the provision team and I’ve gave your name, you had no right to do that!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Sarah83 

Yes I'm aware and I understand the situation.

By equipment I am referring to the equipment at the cabinet(The green box in the road). I kind of stand by my previous comment that it would be quicker and easier with less inconvenience to yourself to go straight down the fibre route.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sarah83
Hooked

It’s all frustrating as your company is at fault, I know it’s not personally anyone at fault but i woke up yesterday to pay my bill only to be told that my account was suspended, it’s totally unacceptable and no one can give me a reason why it’s been left to get this far, we live in a time where everything relies on WiFi and it couldn’t come at a worse time when I have two teenagers living with me.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Sarah83 

Unfortunately it's simply due to adviser error with how we've handled the failed payment process, which Matt has passed feedback on about yesterday. As soon as we're able to get the fibre order in place we'll let you know

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Sarah83

When you say you paid your bill every month, was that on the day the bill was raised by prearranged DD or credit card registered on the account?

As for the change in the restoration plan, the support guys here know far more than the front line provisioning team about the quickest way to fix things. If fibre can be restored whilst the line connections are still in place, that will be far faster than ADSL followed by a fibre upgrade.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.