cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supposed to be good, huh?

denisg

Supposed to be good, huh?

Well, I wanted to move fron Sky and I had been with Plusnet before so I rang the sales line and had a chat with a very helpful guy.
The folloing day I rang orders and spoke regarding a few things he had said and was offered a (to me) good deal on Essentials Fibre and phone. I am not a heavy user as yet and probably never will be so the max speed of around 40mbs and a ceiling of 40gb per month sounded ok. Especially as I was only getting 2.2 mbs with Sky.
I was given an installation date which was not one I requested and the red tape dictated that they cancelled the order but immediately replaced it with a date that was acceptable. I received the router within 24 hours and the installation was 2 weeks away. After browsing the forums for a number of hours looking for possible problems and saving them to my computer "just in case" I waited the 2 weeks. On the date agreed the engineer arrived in the time slot given and was done in around 10 mins. I then connected the router as per the instructions but it just sat there for well over an hour initialising or whatever it is called. Nothing, no internet. So, I shut down the computer and the router, waited around 5 mins re-booted the router then the computer. Approximately 15-20 mins later everything showed connected and it was. This is wired directly to the router and everything worked fine so I fired up my good lady's laptop and it was also running on the internet in just a few seconds.
Next, I did a speed test and was delighted when it showed >37mbs, quite a jump from the 2.2 of Sky. Downloading the backups of my 2 websites was a breeze, a few minutes only. The upload speed in the speedtest had shown 16mbs against 0.45 from Sky and as I had just modified a substantial part of my main web site, 706mb, I took the opportunity to upload that too. I was shocked, it did it so fast by comparison I had to double check for errors and everything was fine.
I have had the Essentials Fibre and phone package for exactly 2 weeks now, not long I admit, but it has been pretty much faultless. It has "hung" a couple of times, which is nothing compared to Sky dropouts, but it was back and running with no input fom me in only a few seconds. Plusnet have obviously monitored the performance as I received a message from them today and 37 would appear a stable speed not needing reduction.
So I have to say, thank you Plusnet for a faultless introduction, order, installation and current performance. In my book, yes, you are good. Smiley
Denis.
2 REPLIES 2
timeless

Re: Supposed to be good, huh?

Nice!!!! I can't wait Cheesy Just in the process of "hopefully" getting fibre... Glad it's as enjoyable as I think Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Supposed to be good, huh?

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad to hear everything went well.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team