cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support ticket in limbo while internet barely usable

boinged

Support ticket in limbo while internet barely usable

I opened a ticket late on December 15th and while the initial response was fast, now that OR made an initial visit there has been no response for quite a few days.
It took just under a week for PN to determine that an OR engineer should be sent out and we were well into the Christmas season by then (December 21st) so I had to schedule for January 7th due to travel plans.
The problem wasn't resolved but there was no reply from PN when the ticket was put off hold. Also no reply to my prompt for information early on January 9th.
I'm disappointed in the lack of recent communication from PN. The OR engineer couldn't access the line outside the property and needed to return, something I feel should have been immediately scheduled through PN.
9 REPLIES 9
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Support ticket in limbo while internet barely usable

Good morning boinged,
I suppose that you probably appreciate that there was a weekend in between the pick up time to your response. Though, I still agree that it took a long time for the ticket to be picked up, so my apologies for this.
I understand that you are due an engineer this afternoon, is this correct? If so, please let us know how you get on, and if there is anything further that we can do.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
boinged

The engineer visited on the 14th for 2 hours but the outcome was that another engineer would need to return the next day with a platform because of safety concerns accessing the line.
This didn't happen and now our internet access has completely dropped. I can see this going back and forth until either an engineer turns up with a platform or an engineer turns up who is less safety conscious.
The problem is made worse by the delays in communication. How PN could help is by following up on the ticket when it goes off hold.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry to hear about this.
I have progressed the fault to try and get someone back out ASAP.
I'll make sure that we take this fault on and that your are updated more accordingly.
Matty
boinged

Due to the problem still not being resolved, yesterday I decided to cancel my service.
I was informed there would be a cessation charge and cancellation fee as I am about a month from the end of my contract. As I have now not received a broadband service for 7 weeks (and counting) out of the 17 months of my contract I requested the cancellation fee waived. I was told this would be a possibility if Faults could confirm there is a fault on the line, but despite there being a fault ticket open for 5 weeks and there being no circuit sync they want to send another engineer (due today). He will either fix it or like the two other engineers who visited, request someone else to fix it and I will be back to square one. Either way I don't think I'm going to see that cancellation fee being waived, so why are Cancellations wasting my time with this?
I just checked my Account Summary and the entry for cessation says:
- - Cessation charge £0.00(upon cancellation) Cancelled
To me this looks like there should be no cessation charge either, as surely it should say active as detailed here? http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
GeordieGirl

Quote from: MattyC
Good morning boinged,
I suppose that you probably appreciate that there was a weekend in between the pick up time to your response.

Don't we pay for weekends then?
Funnily enough I thought Broadband was a 24/7 service ?
Not a very reassuring response I'm afraid - I run an internet business and dread to think what our customers would think if we answered so flippantly....
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: GeordieGirl
I run an internet business and dread to think what our customers would think if we answered so flippantly....

Ah, so you are a Business user then?
Perhaps a Moderator will move your thread to the Business Users' board, then?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: boinged
Due to the problem still not being resolved, yesterday I decided to cancel my service.

Have you not realised (from all the logos on the engineer's vans) that the problem is with BT OPENREACH?  No matter which ISP you decide to move to, you will still be faced with the SAME BTOR engineers having difficulty accessing YOUR line.
Whilst PN might have done a bit better job picking up BTOR's curved balls, the question you ought to be asking is why when BTOR know and understand the issues and how to rectify tham, do they pass the problem back to the ISP?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that you've left, boinged. I can't foresee it happening based on your account, but if there are any issues leaving us then let me know.
Wishing you all the best with your new provider.
boinged

Quote from: Townman
Quote from: boinged

Have you not realised (from all the logos on the engineer's vans) that the problem is with BT OPENREACH?  No matter which ISP you decide to move to, you will still be faced with the SAME BTOR engineers having difficulty accessing YOUR line.
Whilst PN might have done a bit better job picking up BTOR's curved balls, the question you ought to be asking is why when BTOR know and understand the issues and how to rectify tham, do they pass the problem back to the ISP?

I know the root of the problem is with Openreach which is why I'm moving to Virgin. If Plusnet had been a bit more responsive then I would not be switching - I can accept delays to book appointments as long as excessive extra delays are not introduced by the ISP. I'm happy with the phone support I received from Plusnet but just wish I didn't have to phone or post here to get some attention on the existing support ticket. The two times I spoke with PN on the phone an OR engineer was booked for the next day. This could have been resolved a lot quicker if someone was watching the ticket, and I would still be a happy customer.
The 3rd OR engineer actually managed to fix the problem so it was just a case of keep sending engineers out until one braved climbing outside. Thanks MattyC and the support team for eventually getting things fixed. I hope my feedback is useful.