cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Phone Line Advertised as 07:30-22:00 - but ..

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Support Phone Line Advertised as 07:30-22:00 - but ..

Just had yet another unproductive call to Plusnet technical support.  As people may have seen, technical support is advertised as available from 07:30 to 22:00.  Since I was available I thought I'd call early in the hope of getting through without the normal hour plus wait.  Well I got through alright, but the guy answering seemed slightly taken aback at receiving a support call.  He had a look at the ticket and stuck me on hold for a bit, but he said he had trouble accessing our account data (or something), and that I needed to wait until 09:00 when the faults team actually start.  I now have the option of either hoping someone will call me (on the correct number, something else they have trouble with), or waiting until 09:00 for another hour long holding time because doubtless they'll be busy by then.
So questions for Plusnet ...
(1) What are the actual hours of cover for technical support - not just answering the phone, but having the relevant team available?  For example do they stop at 17:00?
(2) Why give misleading information on the web site, all that's likely to do is annoy customers further?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Support Phone Line Advertised as 07:30-22:00 - but ..

Our tech and customer service teams are here from 7.30am and can generally help with most things, including fault updates. However due to the more involved nature of your fault investigation it really does need the faults team to look at this.
You should be getting an update on your fault shortly, I've just been speaking to someone about this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
aesmith
Pro

I think you have misread the case, my call this morning was to chase up an action that I was told had been carried out yesterday but had not.  (As a side issue that action was to correct an inappropriate change made the day before without prior discussion) That's quite a routine enquiry, and if your staff couldn't handle that then it's misleading to claim that there's a support team on hand.  I note that he didn't even appear to pass on the message since I've received no update on that matter even though I asked for a call back.  So I stick to the point I made earlier, although you advertise support as available over those hours, in fact it is completely pointless speaking to anyone outside other more limited and undocumented hours.
Are you able to say what hours the technical team work?  I was told that they start at 09:00, I don't know if that's correct, and I wasn't told when they finish.  Are these hours weekdays only, or is there some cover at weekends?
Thanks,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Customer service and technical support are here from 7.30am-10pm daily. The faults team work 9am-9pm Mon-Fri and 9-5.30pm Sat/Sun. The huge majority of queries and fault updates can be dealt with by Customer Service/Tech Support, these are the people that answer the phones.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
aesmith
Pro

Another issue is that when I called within those hours (since still no contact in response to my earlier call), the guy said he couldn't put me through to Faults because my call had gone to Customer Services.  Hence the call was another bout of chinese whispers with him having to stick me on hold all the time while he relayed question and answer back and forth to the Fault person.  So it seems that even when the faults team are in, a call to technical support can get redirected to customer services.