Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Suggestion given long phone wait times

Quote from: shutter
"press one for a short wait, and two for a bit longer wait..."

Grin
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tonycollinet
Grafter

Which should of course read:
Press 1 for a horribly long wait. Press 2 to be reduced to bones and cobwebs.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@anthgood
That is diabolical. The whole point of having different queues for different issues is so that you (eventually) get through to someone who knows what they are talking about.
shutter is right, prioritising isn't really the right word but it also seems shutter's last remark is unfortunately still true.
Not forgetting tonyAtplus's original suggestion - to keep on topic Wink there's no reason why such a system can't work with the different queues for different issues.
I also wonder that whilst we are stuck with the current system (or even if tonyAtplus's system was implemented on each queue), why/if the Customer Support Stats can't show the wait times on each of the queues?
And who altered the programming on that recently? As shutter has already mentioned, how can you have decimal xy of a call waiting? No QA it would seem. And why is the "Longest call waiting now" not being shown? Too embarrassed to show it no doubt  Shocked
Right now
Quote from: Plusnet
Current calls waiting Longest call waiting now Average answer time today
24.24                     Currently unavailable     40 minutes and 50 seconds

Come on Plusnet, this HAS to be a joke.
tonycollinet
Grafter

I just came here to ask about the longest call waiting now unavailable crap.
I'm currently on hold. It seems that 30 plusnet minutes are more than 40 real minutes.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The current calls waiting isn't the current calls waiting, it's the average over the last something like 5 minutes. We were told that when the stats reappeared after the phone system was changed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Something else that is very unimpressive:
Under Question Handling it this instant it reads "Last updated: July 11, 2014, 11:43 am". That's over 4 days ago!
Translated I think it means that the time being taken to close tickets is so embarrassing that we'll not post an update until we've done something to get it back to a reasonable level. Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I agree with you there.
And on the stats figure being an average, why should it not still show the total calls waiting at the current instance? Probably because real figures would be worse. As for showing a decimal, It's still a joke. And in any event the title of the column should have been changed by now if it's an average, but obviously the people that do these web pages can't type corrections.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

This quote is laughable, given how bad the waits times have been for at least the last 6 months or so
Quote from: http
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. That's why we publish these statistics to keep everyone at Plusnet focused on your needs. If we're not meeting our target times, we'll be working hard to make improvements.

PN must have one of the worst wait times of any provider.
PN why are the wait times not coming down still? ( not enough staff?) and what are you doing about it?, as it looks like not a great deal.
IT seems the DCT team is getting more and more stretched , along with the call centre, and the system problems that need fixing just keep piling up.
Regards
Mike[

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tonycollinet
Grafter

On the positive side, at least when I finally got through to a person they were excellent - even if the system prevented them from closing the issue right now.
TORPC
Grafter

The new call centre has clearly made things worse & not better (Money not well spent) Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Quote from: jelv
Something else that is very unimpressive:
Under Question Handling it this instant it reads "Last updated: July 11, 2014, 11:43 am". That's over 4 days ago!
Translated I think it means that the time being taken to close tickets is so embarrassing that we'll not post an update until we've done something to get it back to a reasonable level. Angry

We're updating that now, it should have been done a lot sooner, so, sorry for that.
We really are trying our best to get call volumes down, we're still hiring more people and training people up. I fully appreciate that we've been saying this for some time now, we're still working on it.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Chris, the problem is when we are been told the same thing over and over again, and see no real improvement, it makes you think is the situation ever going to change for the better. What ever is been done, needs to be done quicker, or the process need changing.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

or:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122115.0.html
tonycollinet
Grafter

Hi Chris
Any response to the original suggestion. If you implemented such a scheme you could (for most enquiries) have long wait times (within reason), and people would be fine with it. If an enquiry were urgent and the person was prepared to hold, they could even be given priority thus shortening waits for urgent cases.