Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substandard service

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Substandard service

If they do have any problems and claim it's something on our side, feel free to let me know. As it currently stands, I can't see anything at all that should stop an order progressing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
janagn
Dabbler

Quote from: HarryB
If they do have any problems and claim it's something on our side, feel free to let me know. As it currently stands, I can't see anything at all that should stop an order progressing.

Thank you. Much appreciated Smiley
janagn
Dabbler

Good morning,
Sky called me again and informed me that they still cannot get my order progressed because there is a PSTN order on my line. From what they explained me, this is the normal phone line that is now sitting with you. So to recoup, the problem seems to exists with the PSTN and not the broadband. As long as there is a PSTN order they cannot progress with the broadband as well.
Kind Regards
Yiannis
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: janagn
On the 16th of March the phone was switched and Sky, my previous provider stopped my old Fibre service but no router from plusnet had arrived. Called PlusNet and after 45 minutes holding I was informed that no Fibre is available in my area and my only choice is a copper broadband if I want to take this choice. Tried to get back to Sky only to be told that my Fibre was not available any more. So I am trapped with PlusNet!!

Given that both Sky and PlusNET deliver fibre services over the same BT infrastructure, this has the hallmark of a chronic shortage of fibre capacity in your local cabinet.  "Available" does not just mean it is there, but it implies spare capacity is available NOW for new connections.  The release of resources by one retailer can take time for BT's systems to show them as being available for use by another retailer.  Therefore on a virtually full cabinet "availability" might flip-flop day by day.
Possibly either when PlusNET attempted to place the order there were no spare fibre ports on your cabinet / Sky had not released yours from service.  When Sky first attempted to reconnect you, the port may have been grabbed by another party.  You've had a grim experience, however if the facts are as I surmise, it's difficult to know how either of the ISP retailers could have done better to avoid the problem.  Having got into this unholy mess both could have communicated better. Hope you are soon sorted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

janagn
Dabbler

You are right and to be honest this was my first explanation of the mess. However the whole backwards and forwards discussion about this elusive order that is holding my line and nobody can identify where it comes from that results in both parties inability to progress is mind boggling. As for the blame, I feel that it seats firmly with PlusNet that tried to keep me as a customer while they knew well in advance that they could't provide me with the service for any reason. If they had informed before the 16th I would now have been a happy Sky customer with no issues.
mav:quote
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've responded to the ticket on your account including some of the information I can see regarding your line (Along with a comparison of another line with sensitive information censored out)
This is quite confusing  Huh There are no records to advise of any open orders on the line.
Quote from: janagn
while they knew well in advance that they could't provide me with the service for any reason.

As far as I can see, we can provide you with a service.
When the line initially moved over to us, our suppliers records were missing some information (Capacitance values) which prevented us from getting an order placed.
The TAGS Query resolved this issue.
@Townman - FTTC is showing available to order from what I can see. Once it had been activated, the line was initially missing the capacitance values, which prevented us from placing an order. We raised a TAGS query to update this and allow us to get an order in place. A TAGS check now shows a clear line with FTTC availability.
A lack of capacity shouldn't cause Sky to have order reject with the "Open PSTN order" reason.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
janagn
Dabbler

When the line initially moved over to us, our suppliers records were missing some information (Capacitance values) which prevented us from getting an order placed.

Regardless, this issue was well established before the 16th of March. Plus net was quick enough to cancel my router before the 16th but not quick enough to call me or send an email to let me know about the fact. Instead, I spent about 1.5 hours on the phone on the 16th enquiring the whereabouts of my router only to find out then that for any reason it was not possible. As I keep on repeating, if you had let me know about the issue even in the morning of the 16th, I would have called Sky NOT to terminate my Broadband at 2.00pm that day. 
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've called the PSTN side of our suppliers, they said there are no open PSTN orders and advised me to speak to the broadband team.
I then got in touch with the broadband team and they said there are no open orders on their system either, but they have emailed a department to check back-end systems that we do not have access to.
I'll let you know once I have more info from them.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet