cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject changed to 'Brilliant example of pragmatic Customer Service' Very Happy

Cathotel
Grafter

Subject changed to 'Brilliant example of pragmatic Customer Service' Very Happy

First let me say I love PlusNet and have been loyal for 11 yrs or so but every now and then they do something that plainly irritates me  Sad
Changed my Direct Debit 10am 5th June from one bank to another then got 'Please remember that your Direct Debit can take up to five working days to process before it becomes active.' message, which is fine as it doesn't leave my account till 12th or 13th.
Got a notification this morning transaction processed VIA my Credit Card with a lovely £1.50 slapped on for the privilege.
I have changed 15 DD's and the only one that takes 5 days is PN and why start to take it 6 or 7 days from the actual date...
Frustrating, but no point pursuing via a ticket it as it'll be like taking head to a brick wall...
Whinge over   Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Whinge time - Direct Debit process in the dark ages :(

Hi there,
I've just taken a look over your account and what's happened on it and unfortunately the new direct debit simply didn't have enough time to go active before we requested the payment. We request the payment several days before it actually leaves your account, so if the DD isn't active at the point of submission then we can't take anything from it.
I've refunded the £1.50 back to you as it's obvious you're wanting to pay be DD, so to charge you for this one month while the new one is set up isn't really fair.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Cathotel
Grafter

Hi Chris,
I'm stunned by this demo of positive customer service.
I didn't really expect anything as I could see what had happened and it's an automatic process but many thanks for a pragmatic decision.
A couple of glitches in 11 yrs ain't bad so keep up the great service.
I may be a bit dim but I can't see a way to edit my post title to say happily resolved or something?  Is that possible or can a mod do that for me?
Regards,
Pete
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

click on Modify for the first post - you can then change the title
quick edit button doesn't allow that
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Glad I've managed to help! You should be able to modify your first post and change the title there if you want.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Cathotel
Grafter

Re: Subject changed to 'Brilliant example of pragmatic Customer Service' Very Happy

Thanks Oldjim and Chris - even an 'old dog' like me can learn new tricks title changed..
Cheers,
Pete