Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid policy, can it be changed?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Stupid policy, can it be changed?

Makes you wonder whether the admin. overhead of archiving email is worth the bother?
Wouldn't it be easier to simply send a warning to those who use excessive amounts of email space?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

That could effect people with large quantities of legit mail who regularly read it.  What the archive should do (given that it is working as it should), is move the mail of those that havn't read their mail for some time.  I have nothing to back this up on Plusnets systems, but knowing how my work systems work, the majority of those that are archived are probably never actually even noticed as they are not accessed.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

From posts here and in the topic I linked reply #3, only mailboxes which have not been accessed in the last 90 days are archived (God confirmed that the one archived had not been accessed although other mailboxes on the account had been accessed).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)