cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strap yourself in ladies and gents, this is going to be a good one... COMPLAINT!

brucie67
Hooked

Strap yourself in ladies and gents, this is going to be a good one... COMPLAINT!

I can not be alone in this mess. Sound off below if you've experienced anything like this with this horrid provider.

It all starts in February 2018, I reportedly haven't paid a bill. And yet, I hear nothing about it.

March, April, May, June, July things continue as normal, I pay they provide, It's all going well... Until... August.

Thursday August 2nd I get a text,  "payment is overdue" a little confused I call and speak what will be the first of many misinformed people at plusnet call centre. God I pity you all.

Get this, I'm told, In Feb of this year I didn't pay a bill... Of course my first response is, I did and I can show you the bank statement to prove it, So the call handler did what they could and assured me it was fault on their end, because the record is so old they will waive it and I'll have nothing to worry about.

Foolish me believes this and goes back to my normal day to day.

More and more of these messages come to me over the course of August and even September, After a number of calls and the same message being told me "it's fine there's no bill you're not in arrears or anything".

Fast ward to the morning of October 17th approx 11am and my internet cuts out. Go over the standard troubleshooting, Check wires, Check line, Check hardware. Nothing's a miss, bar my dial tone, Thought I've not had one for months because my phone is rubbish.

I call the support team... And this is where thing get crazy fast, after what felt like a week on hold I get connected and get told "your account has been closed"... Excuse me... WHAT THE...

It seems, I've gotten this form come supervisor called Micheal (hello friend) that this phantom bill appeared and was sent to debt management without the knowledge of anyone there. 

My account was stopped, Closed, and ceased, without anyone knowing? HOW IN ALL THAT IS REAL WITH THIS WORLD DOES THAT HAPPEN!

More than 3 times I was told I had nothing to worry about, And here with are closed and stopped account?

I'm nothing short of stunned to find out that if I want my services back, I have to sign up as new customer and wait the standard time for the services that were already in place to be placed again...

I don't think I need to explain how silly that seems. I was also told my the supervisor named above this would be looked into. I'm sure nothing will be done with this, I'm sure i won't hear about this.

PROVE ME WRONG PLUSNET!

/Rant

22 REPLIES 22
cazpro777
Grafter

Re: Strap yourself in ladies and gents, this is going to be a good one... COMPLAINT!

Hi yes I have the same issue
Except plusnet accidently ceased my line without warning
Cut of the phone line which left me without care line emergancy alarms I had no way of getting emergancy help I have pendant and falls detector on my waist when I have a seizure and hit the floor this sends alert to ambulance
Plusnet left me with out these alarms for days
Had to pay to sign up as a new account when I didn't want to . Change my phone number
Sent a new router which I didn't and don't need
Been given a new phone number which again didn't want or need
I been with them 5 years
They even sent an engineer round to check my line
Now I'm being asked to provide proof that I had paid the bill in August which I don't mind doing however why should I provide private paperwork when if they bothered to look they can see what supposed payment error that kick started all this mess
Nearly every day I'm trying to sort this
I have been pushed from one dept to another
With the oh well attitude ..
It's beggers belief
Leaving myself vulnerable /disabled customer with the very alarms that keep me safe 'accidently ceased'
Please do click my new username and can see the amount of pleading messages to them getting no where fast
Thank you for taking the time to read this .
brucie67
Hooked

Re: Strap yourself in ladies and gents, this is going to be a good one... COMPLAINT!

Hi Caz, I'm at a lose for words as to how you've been treated...

That's nothing short of appalling.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

One of the alleged benefits of Plusnet is the UK based customer service department. This supposedly means that you are more likely to get a properly considered incident specific response taking account of the issues as explained by the customer rather than a general script-based response that can allegedly be the hallmark of some off-shore help desks.

The events portrayed in first two posts in this thread and others recently described elsewhere on these forums seems to imply that many responses by Plusnet customer services staff are now either script based, or based on inadequate understanding of the issues or even of Plusnet’s own system management platform (and the interaction with their suppliers systems). This indicates poorly trained staff and supervision.

Such poor responses only lead to further work by Plusnet to rectify or recover the situation (if that is even possible depending on any the secondary issues caused by a wrong action by them in response to the primary issue), and to loss of customer confidence (leading ultimately to loss of customers). This further work means more pressure on Customer Services and an even poorer customer experience.

Plusnet make much of their UK based customer support in their adverts. At present, even allowing for the extra work piled on front line Customer Services staff by the new billing system debacle (about which there is still no statement by senior management), perhaps they need to crow less about this aspect of their company until things are put right – assuming they ever are!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Chase status

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cazpro777
Grafter

Thank you
I'm at a loss to
Its unreal isn't it.
I still have no internet so still can't upload or use my heart monitor
My carer has had to deal with a lot of with plusnet (you can see her comments in the posts)
Thing is plusnet no I have care line services as it is logged on the line they accidently ceased without warning
I have had to inform the hospital heart clinic as they phoned my mobile to tell me my heart monitor is off line .
I explained to them
We had to tell adult social care who pay for the care line alarms hire
We also had to inform my daughter's school as no internet means I have helped her with her homework using the school internet
My carer had to inform the care agency she works for as she was worried she would come and find me collapsed or worse on the floor and no one would've known
We even explained in great detail in our posts both on the forum and support tickets how having no emergancy alarms would/could be life threatening .
Plusnet have asked me to show bank details confirming when I last paid plusnet and what they would take as official paperwork
My carer spoke to them on the phone several times ..emailed..live chat ..posted on Facebook/Twitter posted on here /replied to support tickets
We just don't no what to do thank you for reading

cazpro777
Grafter

Apologies I'm using my pay and go slow phone data to look at this forum
I have to read then reply then turn phone data off
So some replies may overlap due to this .
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @brucie67,

I am sincerely for the experience you have had, this is not the level of service we aim to provide I assure you and I am really sorry you have had to experience this.

I have looked in to this for you and replied via your account here, please get back to us here if you are happy for us to carry out the action suggested.

Hello @cazpro777,

I am also saddened by the experience you have received and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are continually doing everything we can to resolve the issue and will keep you updated here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
brucie67
Hooked

@SammyM First off, Charmander is the best gen 1 starter, 😛

Also I've seen the comment left and replied.

Thanks

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Oh no @brucie67 just as I though we could be friends, Tongue

Thank you for replying to the ticket and I completely understand why you feel that way. The Bulbsaur club will still take ownership of this issue and make sure we get you back online.

Once we have started the ball rolling I will replied via your accounts.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
cazpro777
Grafter

Can't see any update from yesterday
No change still no fibre no refund no nothing
Except paying out when I didn't need to .been left without alarms when it's dangerous ..left without heart monitor as no way to upload to heart clinic
Feel like a broken record .....
Same thing every day we are looking into this we take this seriously etc ...
Please do click on my user name and read all this issue and danger plusnet have allowed me to be in .
You don't get given careline alarms for the fun of it
They cost adult social care rental ..
They give my daughter (aged 9)and myself peice of mind .
You ceased the line accidently.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @cazpro777,

We have updated both your accounts and replied to your other thread. We will continue to keep you updated.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Clrbll22

So glad this isn’t just happening to me. My line just ceased without any prior warning on 1st October. (Just phone line, fibre broadband still works to this day) rang them same day, one and half hours on the phone, mostly on hold, I’m told no payments received since August. I told them I haven’t missed any, I had bank statements to prove it. I contacted the bank, got trasnsaction ids, I was dealing with a rep called [CSA Removed] at the time, nice guy, seemed competent. On 2nd October I uploaded the bank statements and gave transaction ids etc. Told by Tony via callback that all received, they couldn’t trace payments still but was being dealt with and I’ll need a new account setting up but should be able to keep my number etc. 

Since then, no updates, I keep ringing them, I’m just told it comes off hold on Friday someone will be in touch, Friday comes, email received saying internal message, account not yet with tdx, placing back on hold til..... blah blah, this has been happening weekly since. I’ve been on holiday so left until I got back this week to chase it up. 

Told now, my account is with debt recovery team because I owe £70. Which is £83.66 (which I’ve sent them proof of already paying) minus 17.60 credited for line rental etc for October then wait for it, plus a charge of £5.60 call barring! 

The notes back in 2nd October state DO NOT pass this account to debt recovery as the customer has paid!! 

So last night I contact again, told by [CSA Removed], that my account has been closed to none payment, do these agents not read any notes?? Even though I started the conversation with I’d like to lodge a complaint and stated why. 20 minutes later I’m still arguing, and I must have said 6 times, just raise a complaint and I’ll deal with your complaints team from now on.

it was only when I said look either raise the complaint or I’m going to ofcom that the arguing stopped. 

I did ask for a copy of the conversation to be emailed and I’m still waiting, I did get an email saying question raised as customer wants to lodge a complaint. 

Then... this morning I receive a returns bag in the post! Asking for my Reuter and cables! I’ve not left the company. My broadband still works! I’m so angry. 

Then you see adverts on the tv saying how they’ve won awards for customer service etc, and you read all these comments from other suffering customers! This isn’t good enough Plusnet. You should have a dedicated team to deal with these issues from your new billing system [-Censored-] up. No updates in a month and your system is just progressing system closures on accounts, diabolical. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

brucie67
Hooked

Told now, my account is with debt recovery team because I owe £70. Which is £83.66 (which I’ve sent them proof of already paying) minus 17.60 credited for line rental etc for October then wait for it, plus a charge of £5.60 call barring!

Fun fact, I was told that my old account was also passed to a debt recovery team, Now I don't know if it's connected but I'm told a suit called to my home yesterday while I was at work... I'm not expecting company I wonder if it was the before mentioned debt collector...

I'd hope for plusnets sake it's not because if it is... I think I'll be enlisting the help a solicitor for what's bound to be this unwarranted harassment.   

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Quote fixed.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @brucie67,

Sorry for late reply and for any undue stress the automated messages are causing you. I can assure you I have full ownership of both accounts and responded here for you old account, as well as here for your new account.

If you have any quearies please reply to the corresponding tickets and I will get back to you there.

Hello @Clbll22, I am sincerely sorry for the experience you are having. I have got my colleague to look into this now due to the complexity of this issue. Please be assured she will respond via the account within the next few hours.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team