Did you mean: 

Spotted this on MSE BB forum - someone is not happy

x47c
Grafter

Spotted this on MSE BB forum - someone is not happy

See this link from a dissatisfied customer which I spotted on the MSE site
Looks bad for Plusnet
I expect there is more to the story than meets the eye - there always is
Needs input form Plusnet staff onto the MSE site.....
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4957261
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Spotted this on MSE BB forum - someone is not happy

Yes, it is picking up a number of me too posts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Compulsory phone line?
x47c
Grafter

I wondered whether it was some form of MAC code dispute with the previous suppliers.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Yes, it has all the hallmarks of (may be understandably) a rant from someone who does not (or chooses not to) understand how the service is offered.
They WANT broadband but refuse to understand that they NEED a phone line (as opposed to service) over which the broadband service can be delivered.
Their expectation is as logical as wanting an electricity supply but not wanting the wires over which it is delivered.
In the end it is all about managing expectations - a wires plus service charging structure would take much of the heat out of the debate for those that see the 'phone' charge as a burden they do not need.  Break the charge in to 3 components: wires / voice / broadband.
Wires = line rental
Voice - whatever fee thought applicable - might even be free!  Cheesy
Broadband - as is
Sadly many people cannot intellectually separate the voice service from the wires infrastructure (collectively called a phone line) and presume that the bulk of the 'phone' charge is for the voice service they do not want, rather than for the wires infrastructure which they need.

The biggest misrepresentation on that post is calling the early termination charge a "fine".  Only a court can impose a "fine".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Townman
Sadly many people cannot intellectually separate the voice service from the wires infrastructure

As do ALL ISP's.
When it is done in ads it's in small print or a quiet voice. Angry
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the heads up x47c. I've popped a response on the thread now. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon!
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Townman
Yes, it has all the hallmarks of (may be understandably) a rant from someone who does not (or chooses not to) understand how the service is offered.
They WANT broadband but refuse to understand that they NEED a phone line (as opposed to service) over which the broadband service can be delivered.

Ah yes I understand what he may have meant now. I couldn't work out work what package stated you had to have a PN phone line.