I have a fault ticket running at the moment,so confused by the following
1 Line is DCN
2 No patters shown
3 BRAS profile
4 CLT/NIC passed
5 TAM-No results
6 BOT-DSC logged faults
7 Post SFI until this time.
All these abbreviations mean nothing to me. In fact the only thing I do understand is that a BT engineer is coming on Wednesday A.M.
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Speak in English please

if you look at your ticket, that section is probably labled internal, it is an English technical report and it is unlikely if you didnt have abreviation that you would understand it
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
That should definitely be marked as an internal comment. Basically it means you have a dropping connection (DCN) which we can't figure out the cause of (the other abbreviations refer to things we've tested or checked). The post SFI comment means your ticket is on hold until after the engineer visit (the engineer is known as an SFI engineer).
Mark
Grafter

Indeed. We should always provide a plain English and customer facing comment, but those quoted are for internal use and for the information of any of our staff who may action or respond to your issue. It can be one of the drawbacks of a fully open customer management system, where everything we do is visible, including the results of diagnostics and technical terms.
Apologies if this has caused any confusion.
Mark
netherfield
Dabbler

I see what you are saying about some comments being for internal use,but they are also included in an email sent to me,which i presume is aimed at me alone.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'll take at the ticket in question and will give feedback if I see that any agents haven't marked such comments as internal or haven't provided adequate explanation.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team