cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South Africa call centre ??

itsme
Grafter

Re: South Africa call centre ??

So your address is not in the telephone directory or the electoral role, both of which are in the public domain?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

NO it isn't!! There is a box on the electoral role form you can tick which excludes you from the publicly accessible register.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You are wrong!
You are still on the register - viewable by anyone at any council offices.
Councils do sell their registers to credit checking agencies and others - your details won't be sold.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anotherone
Champion

Sorry Jeremy you are wrong. It is available to the Police and other such authorities, and also by a limited number of organisations such as the credit reference agencies but not to the general public if you have ticked the box. The Role available to the Public and all these Search agencies is this "Edited" role. And I quote from one site -
Since 2002, there are 2 versions available, Full Electoral Roll and Edited Electoral Roll.
The full Electoral Roll lists all people who are entitled to vote but only credit reference agencies can perform searches on the full Electoral Roll if people apply for credit or to prevent financial crime.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

[Moderator's note by Adie (Adiewoo) can we please try and keep this on topic]
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
llennoc
Grafter

I completely agree. I hate overseas call centres, it shows complete contempt for your customers. I have never met a single person who's said to me they think these off-shore call centres are anything but trouble. My own experiences with other companies have proved to me that the only way to deal with people like that is to by-pass them with letters to the company - some times these even end up going overseas... when will it end. I didn't realise PN did this - I thought they were UK based, starting to have second thoughts now...
...especially as Eclipse had faster pings, I got the same speed and about the same level of customer service.... damn.  Angry
mal0z
Grafter

Agreed - very, very, very few customers want or even support overseas calls centres.
Companies just seem to squirm and try to defend them as best as they might, but never convince many people............
VileReynard
Hero

BT cuts 15,000 jobs and slashes dividend by 59%

seanbranagh
Grafter

I personally think it is a little unfair to sugest that foreign call centre workers cannot be trusted with information but UK call centre workers can? I do however have other issues with foreign call centres. The main one being the fact that I cannot understand what they are saying and vice versa. In this case I would prefer South Africa to India. Either way it is nothing but very poor customer service on the part of all companies involved.
VileReynard
Hero

I was going to say this country doesn't have a culture of corruption.
But then I thought of all our parliamentary "democracy" and it's current load of "representatives".

mal0z
Grafter

I'm not suggesting that overseas call staff are anymore less trustworthy, but  someone in a uk call centre is much more easily brought to account and justice by our authorities
Anotherone
Champion

Totally agree, furthermore it's much easier to investigate, which may even be a bit of an impossibility in an overseas case.