Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry to be Leaving

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Sorry to be Leaving

There is also the consideration that with water, gas and electric problems are very rarely intermittent and the location of a fault is blindingly obvious!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sacha100
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Townman @MisterW 

Agree with you both but would you both agree this is still no excuse to take over two weeks to answer a ticket and when it was answered the information and remedy was comply incorrect.

There is still no answer as to why new customers are better looked after and enticed with deals over old faithful and loyal customers that remain with PN, all i can see is you are punish by them by getting them to pay high prices. this one truly gets me and i cannot get my head around it as It seems offensive and disrespectful to be honest.

Sorry for the rant i know PN is not the only company to do this sort of thing. but as stated earlier regarding the ticket issue this needs looking into as it does no one proud. I assume PN are happy for me to leave on the 22nd as i have not been contacted or had an offer to remain and see what can be done regarding the constant faults seen with this years contract.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

On the failure to respond to case chasing I completely agree with you.  I am disappointed to hear hear that a ticket went two weeks with no response.

FWI I put an escalation on this post at 08:30 this morning - clearly I do not know who or how many staff are in today.

As for BTOR looking for the problem, I fear that more often than not, it will be a matter of how hard they seek out an elusive issue.

Rewarding butterflies over loyalty is a difficult one.  Most consumer markets are cut throat, largely out of user greed wanting whatever for the least cost.  Promoted prices used to attract new customers are therefore often unsustainable long term.  That said, as other have noted, one can usually negotiate a good deal with COTS direct.  I would never counsel signing up for a new contract through the user portal.  If the first offer does not float your boat, simply say "Thank you, I'll get back to you after looking around".

Invariably I have found that a good deal, sometimes better than those available for new users can be obtained with a few additional polite words ... along with "is there any wriggle room here please?".

Customer options

• 0800 013 2632 (from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
  • 9am - 7pm Saturday
  • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Note the above are standard hours - I do not know what the hours are under CV-19 measures.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@sacha100  I believe that if you have already started a migration process to another supplier the current ISP is legally prohibited from contacting you to offer any inducements to stay. This may explain why you have not been contacted by PlusNet.😕

sacha100
Rising Star

@Townman 

Thank you for your input, i have seen the updated ticket of which i am not happy about, it does not cover any specific question i have asked. As you are fully aware if the time frame in which this ticket was looked into and the ongoing problems i have experienced over the past contract i find it only reasonable looking at the past history for my line to be stable again without intervention  from PN, but this as you know was not the case three weeks ago.

I have replied and would appreciate if a senor tech could look into this and reply to my question, this reply with be detrimental to the outcome to remain or leave PN.

Thank you once again.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi,
May I remind you I’m not Plusnet staff. I will poke the SU escalation again.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @sacha100, though it looks like one of our faults team has added a response already, I have now added a further reply on your ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
sacha100
Rising Star

@LaurenB @Townman 

Thank you guys for your help and support it is and was very much appreciated, i have given considerable consideration and have decided stay for at least another term in the hope things will get better with an upgraded service.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Please if the contribution has helped any.

I hope that BTOR quickly locate the elusive issue on your circuit.

sacha100
Rising Star

@LaurenB As you are aware I  remained with PN and took the option to upgraded the service, this has still not been implemented of which i was told would be done within 24 hours, i do understand your guys are extremely busy but not replying to PM and tickets is no excuse at all. Again you have left a customer in the dark without any information or knowledge of what is happening, it did not use to be like this, PN used to be very quick to respond what has change so drastically.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @sacha100, thanks for getting back to us.  It looks like the modify order has not gone through, I have updated your ticket with further information on this for you however, please note that as you are currently in sync below 40mb that there is unlikely to be any improvement with the upgrade.

I am very sorry for the delays in getting back to you and as mentioned, at present we are prioritising those that have no working connection so it can take longer for an update on a speed fault.

I have updated the ticket and placed into my ownership.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
sacha100
Rising Star

@LaurenB Thank you for the update, can i request once the system has been update that a reset is done, we can then monitor what is happening with the line.

Many Thanks again.

sacha100
Rising Star

Looks like i will be leaving after all, sorry to be going but when you sign up to a contract you would think you and Plusnet would be contractually obliged by such, this is not the case when i decided to remain after i was offer a good deal to stay with Plusnet and cancel my contract with someone else. The minimum speed plus net offed me was 35Mbps which would have suited me because of the problems i have experienced over the past year and half ( constant dropout's, speed issues ect ) when after seven days had passed and i looked into why my broadband had not change it was apparent that Plus net had once again failed me, if you  remember the very first post it took three week to answer an outstanding ticket even though i had posted on hear, well this time plus net had completely forgot to put me on the new contract i signed up to you know the one that stated minimum guaranteed speed of 35Mbps.

Well low and behold Plusnet could now not offer me this contract do not know why but did offer me one with reduced minimum guaranteed speed of 29Mbps what use is this to me with the ongoing problems, this contract would mean i would have to pay BT to try and find the problems that do not exist within my property.

I do understand over time you get line degradation but my first contract with Plusnet see me with a full 40Mbps line which in turn gave me a stable line of 37Mbps for the whole contractual term without missing a beat.

the next contract still the same package and no changes what so ever to equipment or line within the property see me have nothing but dropouts, speed issues and well into twenty engineers visit my property some of which stated everything was OK there end it must be Plusnet, i was told on every time my line was more than capable of reviving higher speeds but still the problems were there and nothing was done to fix the problems.

Now you can maybe see why a would have been loyal customer has to finally hand in the towel, i feel cheated and lied to for what paying my bill on time and remaining loyal.

Anyway rant over i be gone in two weeks and not even Plusnet bribes will get me to change my mind this time.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Frustrating turn of events. Have you checked BT Wholesale’s speed estimates for the line? It is an unfortunate characteristic of VDSL that as more people take up the service in an area, cross talk can lead to speed reductions and there is little which can be done if that is the cause.

Line stability is though a different matter. If BTOR have as yet failed to locate the fault on your line, changing ISPs is unlikely to improve matters for changing ISPs only changes who you pay your bill to, not your line.

@Gandalf - have all remedial options been explored here?

sacha100
Rising Star

@Townman 

Hi yes have checked and fully understand changing ISPs is unlikely to improve matters.

The built points I see how Plus-net have failed me:

Over the past four weeks and it gets a bit messy sorry to say, even in such a short space time.

1: failure to respond to open fault ticket for three weeks.

2: When said ticket was replied, the information and advice given was totally incorrect (the problems experienced had nothing to do with Wi-Fi).

3: An option was discussed to persuade me to remain with PlusNet only even though I had putt the wheels in motion to move to another provider, It was explained by taking out a new contract with a minimum guaranteed speed of 35Mbps PlusNet would look to try and find the problems, I would also not have had to pay for any engineer visits to locate any problems as my line was and is running below the new minimum guaranteed speed offed which I have Email stating minimum guaranteed speed of 35Mbps.

The new contract never got put though and after a week I was then put on a substandard contract with a minimum guaranteed speed of 29Mbps, I did not agree to such, I asked why my contract had not been enabled and was told it would be but when I received email confirmation of this going though it was with a lower minimum guaranteed speed which would be of no use to me as this would not allow me to have Openreach investigate why my line was playing up again.

As you can see there are quite a few failing and one of which I thought PlusNet would not have been happy with, I do understand thing are not running smoothly due to covid, but sloppiness is still inexcusable.

The rest you know but I will try and fill you in once again to refresh your memory, and may I add no changes have been made what so ever within my property as far as structured cabling.

First contract with PlusNet no problems whatsoever for the18 month term on a 40 Meg contract and was receiving download speeds in excess of 37.5 Mbps thought the complete term, I am quite close to the fiber cabinet.

Second contract 12 month term still on the same 40 Meg contract, It is estimated that I have had over twenty Openreach engineer visits, never has any problems been found within my property. My connection is directly from the drop wire junction box outside my front door which is two meters in total length, this has a clean clear run and is not affected by any electrical field.

The drop-wire is connect to the Open reach Master Socket NTE5c (no other socket exist) from the mater socket I have one phone directly connect (a line test has been performed and found to be clean), the PlusNet router is then directly connected to the Master Socket as the filter is built in, from the router, I then have one Cat 6 STP going to Gigabit Network Switch which serves as a network to master server and PC's.

As you know I used to do this for a living be it twenty years ago so fully understand the tolerances.

Anyway have re-signed back up to original supplier I intended to go with as they are offering a better minimum guaranteed speed, whilst I understand changing ISPs is unlikely to improve matters having the minimum guaranteed speed it will allow me to have the system looked at free.

Thank you once again, there are good people hear that put themselves out, unfortunately it is all being let down by others that give incorrect advice and incompetence.