Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So you want my feedback do you?

Petard
Rising Star

So you want my feedback do you?

Are you sure? Well here it is!
I really, really dislike being importuned by pop-ups. I especially dislike those that solicit my feedback - that want me to do work for a company gratis. These days, you pester me with such a pop-up every time I log in to the Portal. My reaction is to click on 'No', with a muttered "Oh, bleep off!" I suggest to you that it is very unclever to provoke this reaction from a subscriber. If you must ask people for a free consultation, then put a message and a link on the log-out page, where it is less annoying.
And how is it that your staff seem to have nothing to do? At least, I assume this must be the case, since if I leave a page displayed for a few seconds, up comes another pop-up, inviting me to chat to them and keep them amused. I neither need nor want to chat to them. If I did, there is a brightly coloured box on the left of the page on which I can click. The pop-up is superfluous and annoying - a bit like a bad waiter in a restaurant who keeps interrupting your conversation to ask if the meal is all right.
So there it is. There is your feedback. The bill for it is in the post. And I can summarise it thus: Think on! Think service – and scrap the pop-ups!
15 REPLIES 15
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: So you want my feedback do you?

Its not just PN that have annoying pop ups. Install this and your plague will be over.
https://adblockplus.org/
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Unfortunately some websites now won't work properly with Adblockers installed -they are catching on !!
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Yes, Plusnet's website will not work fully if you have any ad/popup blocking software enabled. (e.g Ghostery, uBlock etc)
Just try Chat if you have such software running and all you see is a not available message.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
runhare
Aspiring Pro

I have ad block plus installed with Firefox on Windows 10 and Plus Net's web site works fine.. ( just don't get those annoyong pop ups! )
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Really sorry if you felt pestered by the pop-ups, we do get feedback the other way around too with some customers saying it's too hard to find out how to contact us so we need to ensure it's balanced between the 2.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Apprentice
Grafter

.........with some customers saying it's too hard to find out how to contact us .........

That could be some of the ones who have been waiting over forty minutes for their phone call to CS to have been answered  Tongue
Petard
Rising Star

Just so, Apprentice. And emasculating and hiding the ticket system may have something to do with it, too. There is much to be said for a ticket system. The ticket can do the waiting and ping-ponging around departments, while the customer is free to do something else. This is not true of a phone call or of chat.
In the old days Before Chat, Plusnet were rated good for service. No longer, I think.
It is not very often I have to contact them, but when I cast my mind back, I find it is some time since I've had a satisfactory response. I now fully expect to leave when my contract runs out. The date is in the diary to remind me to seek an alternative.
jockwav
Aspiring Pro

I can fully understand your frustration,i think i have given up in my head with PN,i have had a ticket open since 7th & it just sits there.
So they can just close it if they like,that will stop me thinking about it,i do think the service is getting worse. Roll_eyes Shocked
Will be looking at other ISP,s next year.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi @jockwav
From what I can see this wasn't responded to as the troubleshooter was never completed. This needs to be completed before it will go through to the Faults Team to be investigated.
Here is a link to the correct section: http://faults.plus.net
Thank you.
jockwav
Aspiring Pro

I have just closed it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I was taught some years ago that for every thirty dissatisfied customers only one would complain.
When will PN accept that their changes to the ticket system have failed? 
By all means have a troubleshooter facility to transfer the workload onto the customer, but don't make it a mandatory condition of submitting a ticket. I've said it before, but it is worth repeating. If you want to get sufficient resources on the helpdesk at PlusNet  drag Andy Baker out from his gilded hermit retreat and have him spend one hour a week on answering calls from the public.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Given that many people complaining here are waiting an hour or more for the call to be answered, he might only get to answer one call.
May be a better approach woukd be to do a 'under cover boss' approach.  Contact his own residential service channel to get a fault fixed on his line / account billing....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tequillaboy

Townman, now there's thought.
So, Chris and colleagues in Customer Relations, you have Andy Baker's internal email address.
Go on, do it. Suggest he either comes down or goes undercover. Bet you won't…...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi TB,
Do not bet what you cannot afford.  I have had cause to communicate direct with Andy on several occasions this year about abysmal BTOR performance and the consequences on PlusNET's perceived performance AND I did get a reply direct from him well after 8pm.  So it's not such a great dare...!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.