Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long and thanks for all the fish...

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

So long and thanks for all the fish...

I've done it - I've jumped (well I've ordered my leap!)
The changes in support arrangements, the decline in PN involvement in these forums, the reports of orders not progressing due to PN mistakes, the incorrect advice given by poorly trained staff on the phone and announcement of phone price hikes (especially LRS) has convince me that Plusnet are no longer the ISP for me.  The service has worked well but I no longer have any faith, should there be a fault, that it would be dealt with in a timely fashion.
It's clear that Plusnet are going after quantity rather than quality and, as such, are presumably happy to accept the resultant churn that this model creates.  Offering huge cashback deals and discounts de-vaiues the brand and the product.
I'm perhaps unusual (often said!) in that I'm happy to pay for good service and product so I will actually be paying more with my new ISP, but Internet access is important to me so I feel it will be worthwhile.  Fingers crossed that I'm right Wink

73 REPLIES 73
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish...

That is a shame, I've really enjoyed your presence and feedback on these forums. Wishing you all the best moving forward.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

We're losing good people Cry
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I'm in the process of ordering a second line to enable 'resilience' at Adair Towers. It won't be supplied by Plusnet, but will give me the option to leap ship at no risk in the future. As with the OP price is not an issue, but perceived service levels are a deciding factor.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
mlmclaren
Grafter

I'm also taking my 2 connections away from this... though I know I won't be missed!  Grin
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@pwatson,
Such a shame it should come to this. Hope all goes well with your new provider ... hope you'll keep contributing here.

@CRT,
Is the message sinking in yet?  It's not a matter of price, rather quality and service which counts.  Is the management team listening?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

catelliott
Grafter

Of course you'll be missed, The Mighty Cornholio. Your forum username never fails to bring a smile to my face Grin I'm sorry that you're leaving us, and of course, wish you all the best for the future Smiley
mlmclaren
Grafter

@catelliott - I appreciate your words and also the very quick response to my post, but why now that I'm leaving...  Crazy
I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure of discussing any issues with yourself, but I'm very annoyed that you can get back to me in a few minutes when I'm leaving and potentially need to be fought for but then currently I have 2 open tickets, 2 posts on this forum being ignored and also was told by COT that they couldn't close my account due to it being taken hostage by Matty Cassel and promised a call or email back from him and neither have happened...
So you'll have to excuse my rant's on these forums, One can only bang there head against a wall for so long.  Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Have you seen my response to your complaint ticket on Friday?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Just responded, a call would be appreciated!
h_milsom
Grafter

Guys - I THINK I want to go ... where? is another question though ...
So, can I call PN and register my wish to go but stay whilst I find another ISP. If I fail to find something good can I simply stay?
Kind Regards
Hugh
catelliott
Grafter

Hi Hugh,
You could either wait to give your notice until you've found a new ISP (so long as it's within the 30 day window from when you got your email) or give fourteen days' notice and cancel the cancellation if you wish to stay. Obviously, we hope you choose to stay with us Smiley
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Strat
We're losing good people Cry
Agree.
Looking as some of the recent comments on these forums along with the price hike it's likely more will also be leaving.
As stated by others it's Quality and not quantity that matters, short term profits might increase due to more people joining based on the past and usually good performance by Plusnet but this is short term thinking and once your reputation goes it's hard to get it back.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Cat some confusion here wrt your last statement.
According the the email we have to give notice that we are going to move in the next 30 days, OK
But what if we are in a current LRS and have no intention of moving NOW, but want the option to move when out LRS expires?
E.g. mine expires in Sept, but I have only till mid Aug to give notice, so if I phone now and say "I am planning on moving WHEN my LRS expires" does that count?
If not then it is detrimental to us on current LRS's.
I have no intention of LOOSING money by moving my phone before the LRS ends. But am unhappy with the price increases and WILL be moving then.
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

@ pwatson,
Good luck with your jump, please let us all know how it goes.
After the appalling responses I've had to a recent support ticket I'm determined to jump when my contract ends in 6 months time.
I hope those in charge of making these changes at the New Plusnet listen to what existing customers are saying, but somehow I doubt it will make a difference.  Undecided